Country music

31 minutes ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

Yep Social Distortion was heavily influenced by Johnny Cash and Buck Owen's "Bakersfield Sound". You also forgot to mention George Jones and Glenn Campbell. My dad was a trucker so I heard many of the artists you mentioned. He also like Merle Haggard and Emmy Lou Harris who was more folk than country though.

I cant mention Glenn Campbell becaues RhineStone Cowboy is seizure inducing.  But yes, good call outs.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

I cant mention Glenn Campbell becaues RhineStone Cowboy is seizure inducing.  But yes, good call outs.

Get past the "Rhinestone Cowboy" and he had some good music. Oh and one of the better titles was from Mickey Gilley.

Lainey Wilson, isn't too bad, although my Ladyfriend says my like for her music is her ummm, assets. And finally Carrie Underwood did a good cover of "Ace of Spades" so she's at least somewhat cool there.

On 6/18/2024 at 9:35 AM, JustInFudge said:

I hated Rhinestone cowboy but he did a lot of just tremendous songs.   Great vocalist, sensational guitarist.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2024 at 12:46 PM, HighPitch said:

Idk man. I just dont like coutry particularly modern country. Try old school george straits. Not a fan but hes more tolerable

Love George Strait. Johnny Cash is the best.

I was a huge fan of country like 15 years ago, I still am. Tim McGraw and a bunch of artists. Today though it sounds more like pop.

George Strait, his songs had meaning. 

• Upvote 2

On 6/17/2024 at 7:38 AM, OilfieldJet said:

It’s an acquired taste for sure, but after ignoring country for most of my life, I’ve come to appreciate and enjoy it. Try Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, George Strait, George Jones, Garth Brooks. 

I am not much of a country music fan -- okay I am not a fan of the genre at all.  But in September I have tickets for the Outlaw Music Festival, featuring Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan and John Mellencamp.  I am really going to see Dylan and Mellencamp, but I am also hoping to see Willie as well -- he has missed a few shows due to illness. 

At 91, I have to give him credit that he is still touring.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Lith said:

I am not of a country music fan -- okay I am not a fan of the genre at all.  But in September I have tickets for the Outlaw Music Festival, featuring Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan and John Mellencamp.  I am really going to see Dylan and Mellencamp, but I am also hoping to see Willie as well -- he has missed a few shows due to illness. 

At 91, I have to give him credit that he is still touring.

Enjoy it Lith, 2 legends.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

Enjoy it Lith, 2 legends.

Thanks, I am just hoping Nelson's health holds up, he was just cleared to return to the tour.  Also, just saw the Stones last week at Soldier Field - so that should be 3 legends for the summer.  

On 6/22/2024 at 10:21 AM, HighPitch said:

A lil in the bluegrass/country diection but man billy strings is godly check it out

I really like Billy Strings. I was at a town mountain concert and someone told me about him. when I went home and looked it up I realized I had already been listening to his music on pandora and just never got his name.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Thanks, I am just hoping Nelson's health holds up, he was just cleared to return to the tour.  Also, just saw the Stones last week at Soldier Field - so that should be 3 legends for the summer.  

my FIL told me he was at an event not too long ago and WIllie's son came out and played. Said he sounded just like a young Willie.