With Loaded Roster, Pressure is on Robert Saleh to Perform

As much as I despise anything associated with NE, the move was to hire Vrabel in the offseason.

Downing is already here, so there's enough familiarity.

We know the defense is good, and Saleh deserves some credit for that.  But he's shown next to nothing as a head coach.

The players may respect him on some level but they don't fear him at all because he's essentially willingly abdicated any real power or even the appearance of any real power.

His in-game decision making has been brutal.

38 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

As much as I despise anything associated with NE, the move was to hire Vrabel in the offseason.

We know the defense is good, and Saleh deserves some credit for that.  But he's shown next to nothing as a head coach.

The players may respect him on some level but they don't fear him at all because he's essentially willingly abdicated any real power or even the appearance of any real power.

I think Vrabel is one of the most overrated guys around here.  The last thing I am doing is hiring somebody because of Keith Carter and Todd Dowling.  More importantly, Vrabel scapegoated them, do you think they are giving him great references to management?  His team has been on a steady decline in a weak ass division.  I'm not in love with Saleh, but color me unimpressed with this being "the move."  The idea that players will fear Vrabel or that is the path to wins seems laughable to me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Vrabel.  Hahahahaha.  Guy couldnt even get a job after being canned.  He coaches like its 1982.

• Haha 1

Saleh got his mulligan last season.  No excuses this season. Anything less than a 2nd round playoff appearance  will be a disappointment imo for this loaded team. The team has been built to win now, so Saleh needs to win now. It ain't rocket science.

19 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Vrabel.  Hahahahaha.  Guy couldnt even get a job after being canned.  He coaches like its 1982.

I wouldn't laugh too hard. If the Jets flounder this year, Vrabel might be the next head coach here. Either the team brings in yet another first time head coach or they dig up a veteran coach like Vrabel who isn't in demand. (Or worse, we end up watching Belichick return with a who's who of failed head coaches on his staff.)

26 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

3 years 20 games below .500 and he can no longer blame the biggest bust ever

When we finish 13-4 and win the division, Saleh will get all the praise and a nice fat extension.

Accept it Jet fans!!!

• Haha 1

The scary part is that everything seems to be lining up for us with our own roster changes and some thought that divisional rivals Buffalo and Miami may be taking a step back this  year.

How ever will the Jets manage to screw this up?, other than our imported talent playing to its age and recent injury history that is.

18 hours ago, EM31 said:

The scary part is that everything seems to be lining up for us with our own roster changes and some thought that divisional rivals Buffalo and Miami may be taking a step back this  year.

How ever will the Jets manage to screw this up?, other than our imported talent playing to its age and recent injury history that is.

We have no depth at wr and Aaron is more worried about nonsense than his actual job.  That said we at least have a decent backup qb now so we should win 10 games

11 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

We have no depth at wr and Aaron is more worried about nonsense than his actual job.  That said we at least have a decent backup qb now so we should win 10 games

Brady could turn scrub WRs into all-pro selection seemingly with ease.  I have to feel that Rodgers can do at least some of the same.  Our depth at WR is good enough I think.