Hackett should be fired ASAP!

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

It’s not, but I’m not in the business of doing homework when my point is abundantly clear.  He struggled with it last TC, he struggled with it during the regular season once he took over, and he’s struggling again during this years TC.  It’s a pattern and it most definitely is not a “non-issue.”  Those who think it is better not complain about a damn thing if a botched snap costs us a game, multiple games or worse: our starting quarterback.

There have been several blown coverages that have resulted in touchdowns or big plays.  Can you imagine a scenario where that could cost the Jets a game ? Why aren’t you obsessing about that?

Are you really this upset or did I miss sarcasm again 

20 minutes ago, JKlecko said:

The Red Zone is inside the opponent's 20-yard line.  Why would it be any different for Hackett?  Even he can't be that incompetent, but even if he is, Rodgers isn't.

You mean the Gold Zone?  I thought you were talking about the Jets.  

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

There have been several blown coverages that have resulted in touchdowns or big plays.  Can you imagine a scenario where that could cost the Jets a game ? Why aren’t you obsessing about that?

Are you really this upset or did I miss sarcasm again 

If one player on the defense continues to blow his assignment (job) on defense leading to big plays / touchdowns that cost us games, you will absolutely see me obsess over getting him out of the lineup.  The massive difference is that you are not seeing that happen with anyone on the defense in a consistent fashion right now.

It’s been a full year but Tippmann still has an issue doing the most basic thing a center needs to do and it’s a consistent occurrence each practice so far.  If he cannot fix this before the start of the regular season, than he needs to cede the job to a Center who can and move to Guard.  I love the kid, loved the pick at the time and I still do, but this team isn’t in the position to be costing themselves games waiting for a player to develop.  If this were a year where there were no expectations, aspirations, or a window to get something done in place?  Sure, I’d say brace for the bumps and hope for the best…but that’s not the case here.  We have 2 years to win a championship, if we’re lucky.  Every single game in a stacked AFC is more important than ever.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If one player on the defense continues to blow his assignment (job) on defense leading to big plays / touchdowns that cost us games, you will absolutely see me obsess over getting him out of the lineup.  The massive difference is that you are not seeing that happen with anyone on the defense in a consistent fashion right now.

It’s been a full year but Tippmann still has an issue doing the most basic thing a center needs to do and it’s a consistent occurrence each practice so far.  If he cannot fix this before the start of the regular season, than he needs to cede the job to a Center who can and move to Guard.  I love the kid, loved the pick at the time and I still do, but this team isn’t in the position to be costing themselves games waiting for a player to develop.  If this were a year where there were no expectations, aspirations, or a window to get something done in place?  Sure, I’d say brace for the bumps and hope for the best…but that’s not the case here.  We have 2 years to win a championship, if we’re lucky.  Every single game in a stacked AFC is more important than ever.

You aren’t seriously suggesting that this is a Super Bowl team but Tippmann’s shotgun snaps are putting it in jeopardy are you?

9 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Where'd you see that? 

So are they splitting play calling duties? Like wtf is going on - is Hackett just called the OC to make him feel important? So confused with this staff.

I was at practice and saw Downing with the walkie talkie calling in the plays. Hackett did call a few in the 2nd half but I'd say 75% Downing, 25% Hackett with the 2min drill appearing to be Aaron

3 hours ago, Larz said:

You aren’t seriously suggesting that this is a Super Bowl team but Tippmann’s shotgun snaps are putting it in jeopardy are you?

I think they should be favored for one of the playoff spots and once you are in then anything can happen.

That all being said, look at the rest of the AFC top contenders:

The Chiefs

The Bills

The Ravens

The Bengals

The Dolphins

The Texans

The Browns

All of those teams should firmly be with the Jets in competing for the playoffs.

Then you have…

The Colts

The Steelers

& the Jaguars

…who were all close to making it in last year.  If any (all of them) take a step forward to compete as well, it’s an even bigger bloodbath.

The Jets don’t have the easiest schedule in the league this year so I’d venture to guess that there are going to be a bunch of very close games that one mistake can decide and, again: Every.  Win.  Matters.

So yes, I am seriously suggesting that this team has what it takes and going 10-7 instead of 11-6 or even 11-6 instead of 12-5, in this conference, can be the difference between out and in or a good shot at making a run.  If it means telling a very good lineman that if he can’t snap the ball he is getting moved off of C to maximize the win total, then so be it.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

R-E-L-A-X

All the hackett/rodgers combo does is produce mvps.

Instead of being a miserable jet fan, go look at what hackett/rodgers have done together.

We are going to be great this year.

Accept it jet fans!!!!!!!!!

Screenshot_20240817_201252_Google.thumb.jpg.a027145f1947fbb29e1274970aa77f75.jpg

40 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

I was simply posting a fauci gif because of the picture on the book looked a lot like fauci, can't really comment on the content

Fair enough, brother 

21 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

R-E-L-A-X

All the hackett/rodgers combo does is produce mvps.

Instead of being a miserable jet fan, go look at what hackett/rodgers have done together.

We are going to be great this year.

Accept it jet fans!!!!!!!!!

The real OC is Aaron.  Once he gets injured Hackett gets to be OC