Those who went to the joint practice today - would you agree with this? "The Jets essentially demoralized their rivals"

5 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Ok cool. We'll talk at the end of the season about the preseason strategy 👍

Sounds like a plan.....LOL.

For the record - in Rodger's situation, I don't think him playing in the pre-season will affect the outcome of our season one way or the other.

That said, Rodgers said he wants to feel that first hit - in his mind, it's the last hurdle he has to overcome.

Then he can say, he feels 100% back to normal.

He said as much, in a recent article.

7 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

The 3 series he's played this offseason, dwarf the 2 that Rodgers played last season and therefore, means they are doing it right!!!

Damn. One more series last preseason and rodgers never gets injured. Camp Saleh just keeps hurting us. Really makes you think

8 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Take preseason seriously. Mahomes plays.

It’s one or the other. Some teams do both. Not many

I like having a red Jersey on the best QB to ever play here.

If it was 25 year old Roethlisberger I play him. It’s not. 

The game tomorrow is also at the worst turf field in the league, the eater of souls.  

IMG_0636.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 8/21/2024 at 5:46 PM, Bronx said:

Aaron should participate in several series with the starting lineup. Relying solely on training camp practices before the regular season is not sufficient.

Time to bring back the Butt Fumble.

A mere Thumbs Down is not sufficient!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2024 at 9:13 AM, Jet Nut said:

I didn’t get the impression the D was getting walked over.  Every run attempt doesn’t have to be a TFL and every drop back a sack, incompletion or INT.  Sounded like a lot of dinking and dunking by the Giants.

On 8/22/2024 at 10:32 AM, Dcat said:

Before the main practice, our defense starting team was practicing against NYG starting offense. 11 on 11 and all from within the 50 with many, if not most  red zone plays.  There were Giants fans watching and about a dozen Jets fans and ZERO reporters, who were all watching the offense at the main field.  I was at the fence right in front of the Jets defense.  The Giants offense pretty much had its way. Jets struggled vs their RBs includingvtheir rookie #29. Mosley got beat by anyone. Sauce had some good and not so good plays vs Nabers. Reed was out best guy out there.  I was there and this is what I saw.  Later on when all the squads joined the main field they were better.  I was disappointed in the run defense and the pass rush TBH.

On 8/22/2024 at 11:29 AM, Jet Nut said:

I have no idea what the practice before the actual practice was or it’s relevance but when they were going mostly 1sts against mostly 1sts this wasn’t the case.  Nabers numbers etc are posted along with reports that all Jones was able to complete were dump offs.  

On 8/22/2024 at 5:29 PM, Dcat said:

Not in the side practice earlier.  It was 11 on 11 and fully relevant.  All the Giants off. starters and Devito was there and all the dressed Jets #1 defenders participated. Defensive coaches (not Saleh) were there.  No reporters.  Giants ran well against us and did well in passing game.  Our only standout in that 20 minute set of plays was Reed.  

You don't have to believe it if you don't want to.  I don't care but the press is greatly exaggerating the Jets defensive battles at the practice.  Jets offense was a fun to watch and potent as it has been in every camp session.  

On 8/22/2024 at 5:57 PM, Jet Nut said:

Not accusing you of being delusional or stupid but why, if it’s part of the joint practice were all the coaches not there and the media coverage.  Were they seriously practicing, sounds strange in that I know you’re not crazy, I believe what you saw.

On 8/22/2024 at 7:41 PM, Dcat said:

Maybe 20 fans at the fence watching.  Everyone at the main stands. I couldn't believe it. I was on my way to the main stnds but stopped to see the far field action and the first person I saw was Sauce about 10 yards from the fence.  Then Reed and the rest.  Holy sh*t.  No one's watching?  WTF?  I froze and stood near all the Giants fans watching.  They were following where their 1st team offense was.  So I stayed.  There was no domination by either squad, but the offense scored multiple "TDs" if you will.  Again, all plays from inside the 40 more than half were redzone, coming right at the fence where I was standing.  It was a real treat, TBH.

Read my notes above.  The 1st team defense I watched (practically by myself) practice vs the 1st team Giants offense on the side field for about 25 minutes.   What I saw in that practice is the same (exactly) as what we saw from the defense last night.  In that practice, both Singletary and the rookie RB Tracy had their way vs the Jets 1st string Dline and LBs.  

Nobody reported it that day aside from me.  It was EXACTLY like last night.