FSU STINKS!

Hope losing Travis has something to do with this. But it’s likely a ton of what they lost. Travis, Coleman, Wilson, Benson, Bell. All gone for them. Pretty much had to rebuild a whole offense. And it shows. Just would think they’d have more guys ready than they have.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, freestater said:

While it's nice to see FSU predictably come crashing down off their fake cloud in embarrassing fashion, I'm not exactly in a position to talk sh*t.  My once proud Florida Gators, are probably the worst team in the SEC.  I'm not sure they win 4 games this year.  They play Stamford this week, no not Stanford, Samford, and I'm concerned.  Billy Napier might just be the worst hire at a major program in college history.  Not sure I've seen a HC so far out of his league get an opportunity to coach a blue blood major program like Florida and be such a disaster. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Larz said:

Jordan Travis is HIM

13 hours ago, extmenace said:

Jordan Travis may be better than we think.

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Hope losing Travis has something to do with this. But it’s likely a ton of what they lost. Travis, Coleman, Wilson, Benson, Bell. All gone for them. Pretty much had to rebuild a whole offense. And it shows. Just would think they’d have more guys ready than they have.

I do think that Jordan Travis was a major reason for their success.  That team absolutely adored him and I think he set an example that helped Norvell get the team moving in the right direction.  He was a major reason they were so successful w/ skills players in the portal.  His dedication to becoming great and the transformation he went through during his time there was nothing short of amazing and I think his work ethic, leadership, big game play making ability was catalyst of their success.  IMO a lot of those dudes you listed were just meh, nothing special but much better than what they had, they just joined a team w/ a QB on a heater, playing cream puff competition but I think Jordan Travis being special, helped them looked better than they were.  It's clearly not Mike Norvell.   Look at how bad they were as soon as Travis got hurt.

Next to Travis, the other factor to their short term success wasnt the skills players they acquired through the transfer, it's the defensive players.  Guys like Jermaine Johnson, Jared Verse, Braden Fiske, Jarrian Jones, Tatum Bethune, Jammie Robinson - they all hit, all NFL players and were the leaders of their defense playing competition that was way out of their class.