Robert Saleh will still be under .500 even with a first place finish this year

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Imo, Ulbrich is overrated.  He's okay but not great.  He has a very rigid system (e.g. won't let Sauce travel with the opposing WR1), doesn't blitz, and his defenses don't create turnovers. 

He gets a grade of "meets expectations" from me.  When he has a lot of talent, his defenses do well but I don't think of him as a guy who "does more with less".  

wasnt Ulbrich one of your choices to replace Saleh? 

last night was so bad you took him off your list lol

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Was he?  I don't think he was.  I've been a Vrabel supporter (and to a lesser degree, Pete Carroll).

i remember every week last season you wanted Saleh fired and replace with Ulrich. yeah during the off season when you could have your pick you wanted those other guys but in season you wanted Ulrich promoted.

If they lose the first three, Belichick will be the head coach week 4.
Missing on Belichik in favor of this ... Watched him with the Mannings ... Guy is still very much in the game. However ... There is no denying he's getting up there in age and you wonder how much is left in the tank. You don't want All Brake .. sorry no Gas.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, doitny said:

i remember every week last season you wanted Saleh fired and replace with Ulrich. yeah during the off season when you could have your pick you wanted those other guys but in season you wanted Ulrich promoted.

Are you sure you have the right poster?  I'm sure I wanted Saleh fired but I don't remember being pro-Ulbrich.  Maybe he was the only guy who made sense to replace Saleh with at the time.  But I'd still be surprised if I said that because I usually I don't even bother caring about a mid-season firing in the NFL (Adam Gase being an exception) because it feels somewhat pointless (though credit to Antonio Pierce last year!  And I think there was a midseason replacement on the Colts the year before who did well.  Jeff Saturday?)

The way I recall it though, I criticized Ulbrich quite a bit too.  I repeatedly mocked him by calling him "The Great Jeff Ulbrich" and said that I thought he was overrated.

EDIT:

Below are some examples:

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Are you sure you have the right poster?  I'm sure I wanted Saleh fired but I don't remember being pro-Ulbrich.  Maybe he was the only guy who made sense to replace Saleh with at the time.  But I'd still be surprised if I said that because I usually I don't even bother caring about a mid-season firing in the NFL (Adam Gase being an exception) because it feels somewhat pointless (though credit to Antonio Pierce last year!  And I think there was a midseason replacement on the Colts the year before who did well.  Jeff Saturday?)

The way I recall it though, I criticized Ulbrich quite a bit too.  I repeatedly mocked him by calling him "The Great Jeff Ulbrich" and said that I thought he was overrated.

EDIT:

Below are some examples:

i could be wrong. i think as you said in mid season he was the only coach we had who you thought could replace him because Vrabel and others were not coming here mid season.

come to think of it, i dont ever remember a coach of either of the 4 major sports being replaced by someone outside the organization. 

Just now, doitny said:

i could be wrong. i think as you said in mid season he was the only coach we had who you thought could replace him because Vrabel and others were not coming here mid season.

come to think of it, i dont ever remember a coach of either of the 4 major sports being replaced by someone outside the organization. 

That's possible, but your comments above made it seem like I was some huge pro-Ulbrich guy.  I think he's competent, but nothing special.

The players love playing for the guy, heard many players say the phrase “ would run through a wall for that guy .” That's nice, but instead of wrecking the Sheetrock of some guy’s poor living room, why don’t we run through the teams we play instead.. 

We have had some very good defensive coordinators as HC. The one time Jets have gone with an offense HC since basically the last century, was the worst HC possibly ever. 

Rex, Bowles, Saleh have been great for the D, but always at the price of a weak stagnant O. Thought finally having a real qb, who doesn’t need a mentoring “ qb whisperer “ we would finally see the D and O both fire strongly together. Small sample size vs 1 of the past, but still waiting to see it in 21st century:)

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

It was only a terrible decision if you wanted the defense to tackle in week one and stop the run. Otherwise it was fine.

Don't they tackle in the joint practices? If so, what is the problem?

The Jets lost, because they were out-coached, out-schemed and outmanned. They ran at Quincy and Clemons with a 6 man front. Clemons always slanted the wrong way. Quincy is quick, so Shanahan ran at him and neutralized Quincy's greatest asset. 

People are looking for excuses or something to blame. They were outplayed that day. Doesn't mean they are not a good football team. It also doesn't mean they won't get better throughout the year.