Titan game - anyone going?

batman10023

8 hours ago, batman10023 said:

Going to my first road game.  Anyone else going?   Any good tailgates?  Thanks

The Titans are starting to build their new stadium.  A good chunk of their parking and thus tailgating is the future indoor stadium.

The Stadium is across the bridge from Broadway where you cannot swing a dead cat without hitting a bar.  You will probably find plenty of green and white on that side of the river before and after the game.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

The Titans are starting to build their new stadium.  A good chunk of their parking and thus tailgating is the future indoor stadium.

The Stadium is across the bridge from Broadway where you cannot swing a dead cat without hitting a bar.  You will probably find plenty of green and white on that side of the river before and after the game.

That’s what my friend said.  Will be lots of green. 

fun city.  Weather going to suck

6 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Lower level on jets side.   Not sure about section.  You?

Nice.

East Club Level, on Jets side but more towards the corner.

After the last game I went to, I realized I like the vantage point being a little higher up (and having access to A/C 😅).

In hindsight, I wish I'd waited cause I'm seeing Club level seats around the 50-yd line for what I paid months ago 🫠

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Nice.

After the last game I went to, I realized I like the vantage point being a little higher up (and having access to A/C 😅).

In hindsight, I wish I'd waited cause I'm seeing Club level seats around the 50-yd line for what I paid months ago 🫠

lol same.   Never good to check prices of tickets after you nought some and it’s gonna rain. 

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

any restaurant recommendations?

BBQ / rib joints?

28 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

any restaurant recommendations?

BBQ / rib joints?

Back to the swinging a dead cat analogy.  

When I want ribs, I usually go to Smokey Joes.  That is an hour North in Bowling Green, KY.  About 20-30 minutes North in the town of Springfield is 'The Depot' or 'Depot' Bar & Grill.  Their ribs are good as is their Duck Quesadilla.   There is a franchise type rib place in Nashville called Famous Dave's.  I have always had good ribs there.  Not as good as the other two places, but good.  Getting away from ribs on the menu there is meh.  

I do not know if you're driving, getting a rental or ubering.  Broadway has grown a lot over the last few years.  It is a tourist trap.  So, I generally avoid it as much as possible.  Traffic was always bad.  The growth and after that guy blew up the AT&T building a few years ago.  It is on a whole new level now.  Joe Namath would have a blast down there though.   Plenty of bars/rooftop bars to frequent.  There are a lot of restaurants.  

A few blocks off of Broadway in places like Germantown or even down by Vanderbilt/West End there are some good places.  Ranging from burger type places like The Goat, Jack Brown Burgers, Double Dogs, Stock and Barrell, Fat Bottom Burgers to more high end.  More so in West End.

I would recommend checking out xplr.nash or wheretoeatnashville on Instagram to find some ideas.  

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Nice.

I will be there too.  East Club level around midfield.  I am not even going to look on stubhub at prices, with the rain moving in they are probably dirt cheap.  I was going to make this a doubleheader and hit the Bulldogs up in Lexington Saturday night and drive down to Nashville Sunday AM, but I just can't do two games in the rain in less than 24 hours.  So its just Jets-Titans for me.

• Upvote 1