The shifting narratives...

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The narrative flops week by week with national media and it is all 100% predicable what they are going to talk about the day after some games.

The issue is total lack of accountability with some of these tools, they talk as if they know what the hell they are talking about and then week by week totally shift their talking points back and forth.  They will then totally ignore the weeks they praised or called out a team or players as it suits them.

The content is pretty terrible.

I watched that zero production value "Jon Gruden in the garage with a whiteboard" YT video he put up breaking down the Jets v Pats game (in which he was spot on in his analysis), and that silly little video was 100X better than what is actually being put on major broadcasts and networks that "cover" the NFL. 

Say what you want about him, and yeah, he's a bit much and a total yokel, but it's clear how much the dude just loves the game. 

It is simply a function of too many experts and media figures being rewarded more for being edgy than they are for being right.  With enough so called experts you are going to have a significant number who say stupid sh!t simply as click bait and because they really don't ever get punished for being wrong in spectacular fashion.

Colin Cowherd?

• Upvote 1

The Jets could blow out the Broncos, shutting them out until the 4th quarter where Zach comes in to squeeze in a garbage time TD somehow, and the entire narrative around the game in mainstream media would be, “See?  Zach Wilson was held back by the miserable Jets.  He should start for Denver next week.”

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

The Jets could blow out the Broncos, shutting them out until the 4th quarter where Zach comes in to squeeze in a garbage time TD somehow, and the entire narrative around the game in mainstream media would be, “See?  Zach Wilson was held back by the miserable Jets.  He should start for Denver next week.”

I will take whatever narrative keeps the Jets bandwagon small and run to the bank with it.

• Upvote 2

Grown men who follow a sport/team getting so triggered by everything and anything a media member might say about the team they root for has always puzzled me.

At what point in your lives do you stop acting like a teenage girl and either stop listening or not letting it bother you?
I’m assuming most of you are or were mature enough to raise a family. Why can’t you be the same in other aspects of your lives like your sports teams?

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

i was listening to the Michael Kay show on Friday and they pointed out a bunch of ESPN Host who picked the Pats. 

Anita Marks, that Kimes girl both said they LOVE the pats in that game. i think everybody from Kimes show , whatever that is loved the Pats.

but my man Bart always has our backs! 😉

17 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

No way Payton puts Zach out there on the football field especially at MetLife 

9 minutes ago, doitny said:

i was listening to the Michael Kay show on Friday and they pointed out a bunch of ESPN Host who picked the Pats. 

Anita Marks, that Kimes girl both said they LOVE the pats in that game. i think everybody from Kimes show , whatever that is loved the Pats.

but my man Bart always has our backs! 😉

Mina Kimes is as qualified to do what she gets paid well to do as I am to run the NASA Radiotelescope Program

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1