Former Dolphins RB Mercury Morris has died

it's too bad when these guys die and are so young.  but mercury didn't do himself any favors by getting involved with the drug trade after his nfl career.  i also never liked it when those doltfins used to pummel the jets and many other teams in the seventies.

• Upvote 1

RIP.

Mercury Morris, Larry Csonka and Jim Kiick may have been the best 3-pronged RB attack in NFL history.  THey may have kicked our asses a lot but it was hard not to appreciate how dominant that rushing attack was.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

it's too bad when these guys die and are so young.  but mercury didn't do himself any favors by getting involved with the drug trade after his nfl career.  i also never liked it when those doltfins used to pummel the jets and many other teams in the seventies.

Well…77 is in fact above an average for Americans in general and above average for African Americans and WAY above average for NFL players.  Loved MM. As a child I always rooted for him.  

• Upvote 1