Offensive players feeling at a disadvantage as a result of the coaching staff

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

First, you're right. My point did make "so sense". I mean, I'd be grammatically correct about it and add "much", but I feel you.

You argued that Saleh, the HC, wasn't involved in the defense and that Ulbrich, the DC, was responsible for the defense's success. Ulbrich is now the head coach so either.. unlike your assertion that previous HC was not involved in the defense.. he will be involved with the defense or he will take on the role of the HC which will mean someone else will need to fulfill his role running the defense who may or may not be as good as Ulbrich.

So is Ulbrich just going to ignore the offense now that he's HC? Were the complaints that Saleh was too focused on the defense baseless and he was actually acting as HC of the whole team? Is whomever replaces Ulbrich a hidden genius who be just as much a genius as he was?

I'm excited to see the knots you twist yourself into to keep arguing that everything will just the same yet better!

Hmmmm. Let's try again. Pick one:

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

So the guy that ran the DEFENSE now has to corral the circus that is the offense?

So the guy that ran the OFFENSE now has to corral the circus that is the offense?

So the guy that ran the SPECIAL TEAMS now has to corral the circus that is the offense?

6 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

nlike your assertion that previous HC was not involved in the defense.. he will be involved with the defense or he will take on the role of the HC which will mean someone else will need to fulfill his role running the defense who may or may not be as good as Ulbrich.

Great point!  I want to see him involved in all aspects of the game like a full time HC should be.  If you are named a HC, you should have done your work on both sides of the ball before assuming such position. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Hmmmm. Let's try again. Pick one:

Nice try at deflecting. You don't get to offer up

"Saleh wasn't involved with the defense and Ulbrich is the guy who made it good all on his own, but now that he's HC he's not going to ignore the offense and is still going to be DC at the same time" then make up some nonsensical blather to avoid it.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Frankie Green said:

There are many problems, but first step in not throwing another season down the terlet, is replacing HC if he stubbornly refuses to make any changes or adjustments, as he was, for years now... team needs a spark. Next up, those bums Hackett and Carter! 

Sure.  No problem with getting rid of him.  I just don't see it making a difference.

Rodgers runs the O and the O is the problem.

Now, if Ulbrich comes in and gives play calling duties to someone else, pulls full audible reign from Rodgers, Makes B. Allen the #1 RB, benches GW until he can run routes properly etc.

Not saying all of those things - but I'm talking about impactful changes - but if not this is just a mostly cosmetic gesture.

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

Nice try at deflecting. You don't get to offer up

"Saleh wasn't involved with the defense and Ulbrich is the guy, but now that he's HC he's not ignoring the offense and still going to be DC at the same time" then skate on it.

One more time. Simple exercise. These were your words. This is your reasoning on display. Pick one. 

So the guy that ran the DEFENSE now has to corral the circus that is the offense?

So the guy that ran the OFFENSE now has to corral the circus that is the offense?

So the guy that ran the SPECIAL TEAMS now has to corral the circus that is the offense?

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Not being defensive of Saleh.  It's fine if you want to get rid of him, just two things.

1)  I just think it's too easy to simply scapegoat him - he's far from the only problem. 

2)  And firing him isn't solving the problem.

So sure, fire Saleh - it's looked to me like he's given up quite a while ago.   But let's be realistic about the organization as a whole.

It's not scapegoating.  Saleh wasn't the only problem but he was absolutely part of the problem.  And a big part because he was the HC of the NYJ.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's not scapegoating.  Saleh wasn't the only problem but he was absolutely part of the problem.  And a big part because he was the HC of the NYJ.

Sure. But do you think the offense will now get good?

They'll now be holes? Rodgers will have time? Rodgers will get younger? Wilson will run the right routes?

Again, I'm not saying Saleh shouldn't have gone - I just don't expect a lot to change is all.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Sure. But do you think the offense will now get good?

They'll now be holes? Rodgers will have time? Rodgers will get younger? Wilson will run the right routes?

Again, I'm not saying Saleh shouldn't have gone - I just don't expect a lot to change is all.

I don't know what to expect but I do think that getting rid of that fraud clown cheerleader salesman will give the team a little bit of motivation.  Plus Ulbrich is going to be extremely motivated to get things done because he's likely on the cusp of getting a big contract as a HC next year (whether here or elsewhere).   Hopefully he'll follow through with "take away play calling from Nate Hackett".

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

34 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Remember when people said he would transform the culture the moment he walked in the door, just like Brady in Tampa Bay

He’s in charge when the offense does well, but he’s victimized by the leadership when the offense is bad. Natch

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

One more time. Simple exercise. These were your words. This is your reasoning on display. Pick one.

Umm.. only one of those was promoted to HC. Saleh was fired this morning. Keep up.

Is Ulbrich going to ignore the offense and continue to be the DC or is someone else going to have to take over?

Seriously though, why just make up strange random stuff. You had an opinion with an oversight in it. It's ok. Don't drag yourself down with the silly sideshow stuff.

I can't shake an overwhelming feeling of doom.  If we come out shaky and lose to the Bills and Ulbrich comes out saying "We'll get it fixed" I may throw my TV in to the river.  I honestly can't believe it was Saleh instead of Hackett, although he had already burned his OC scapegoat bridge when letting MLF go.

I'm going to cheer my voice away on Monday, but holy cow I feel a meltdown of epic proportions coming.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

Umm.. only one of those was promoted to HC. Saleh was fired this morning. Keep up.

It's telling that you can't choose. 

1 minute ago, jeremy2020 said:

Seriously though, why just make up strange random stuff. 

Make stuff up? I reposted your words!

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

It's telling that you can't choose. 

Make stuff up? I reposted your words!

I literally did not post two of your 3 things. I posted one of them. The one that happened in reality. Now you're outright lying? Why? Why would you lie like this when it's all written in front of us?

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Im at the point where I’m not considering our “offensive” players. Offensive players. Until they start actually playing offense.

So what you're saying is Jets fans are revolting?