Sources PFT Salad demoted Hackett prior to being fired

45 minutes ago, doitny said:

guy won 7 games with Zach Wilson last year . he is not the worst.

but ok fine. he is the worst ok. but tell me if your Woody and are only firing one person today which one makes the biggest impact? 

Saleh? or the worst OC ever? 

removing Saleh and promoting Ulrich might have messed up the best thing about this team. the defense. we just got rid of the architect ( Saleh) and the guy who ran the day to day operations ( Ulrich) of the defense.

btw do we even know who the new DC is?

i would have left Saleh and Ulrich right where they were until after the season. dont mess with the defense. only good thing we have going for us.

but instead we do mess with the best thing and the worst thing, the offense doesnt get changed at all. doesnt make any sense to me. 

I think the off gets changed a lot, but only time will tell. I am going to be very surprised if hack is calling plays on sunday

1 hour ago, doitny said:

yes cause the guy who should have been fired is his best friend. in what world does the worst OC in the NFL not get fired but the HC does? usually the coordinator gets fired before the HC.

and where is JD in all this? shouldnt he have fired his HC? so now he has lost his power too? 

Woody has taken over with Rodgers telling him what to do. thats not good. i want Rodgers to run the offense, not decide who the HC is. whats next? Rodgers picking the new GM? deciding who we draft? 

Not really

HC goes first all the time

Gruden

McDaniels

Reich

Rhule

Hackett himself

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Out of all the dysfunctional things the jets have done over the years, this is the most dysfunctional of all.  By far.

I do not think u guys are comprehending the enormity of what happened here.

A player w/ no future here overrode althe gm and coach.

Dude relax this is just a conspiracy theory someone conjured up

Saleh was fired...he was the worst coach in football and had a replacement ready to go . it was the proper move. dont get so wrapped up in fantasy stories conjured up

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I can now get out of this on a technicality.  Not sure I will play that card though.  We will see.

Interested to see what your angle would be if Head Coach Ulbrich decides to start playing Abanikanda.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, doitny said:

yes cause the guy who should have been fired is his best friend. in what world does the worst OC in the NFL not get fired but the HC does? usually the coordinator gets fired before the HC.

and where is JD in all this? shouldnt he have fired his HC? so now he has lost his power too? 

Woody has taken over with Rodgers telling him what to do. thats not good. i want Rodgers to run the offense, not decide who the HC is. whats next? Rodgers picking the new GM? deciding who we draft? 

You may sweat the details of the New York Jets organization chart if you wish, but I doubt that will get us to a Super Bowl.  The best chance the Jets have to winning the SB is if Aaron Rodgers gets us there, and that's a fact.  And we only have him for the rest of this year and maybe next.

Our offense should consist of the appropriate people asking, "And what can we get to help you, Aaron?"  I don't care about the rest of the in-house stuff.