Man, we do like to crap on Mike Tannenbaum...

But maybe he was a good luck charm?? LOL

image.png.35fe1852566330514db597e9d25081aa.png

That era when he was a member of the FO was the longest, most successful run of sustained Jets "success" in franchise history. 3 AFCCG's, 7 Playoff seasons. Since his firing, the Jets have had 3 GM's and complete failure and dysfunction.

No, I don't want him back, he's burned that bridge and is an asshat in the media, but... Just sayin'. LOL

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Lucked into two draft classes after he inherited the last remnants of the Parcells era. His '08-'12 drafts basically set the franchise off on the path that it's on now and some of those years were Idzik levels of bad.

This is true. I think Mike deferred too much to his HC. Him and Mangini could identify talent when they were a team

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Lucked into two draft classes after he inherited the last remnants of the Parcells era. His '08-'12 drafts basically set the franchise off on the path that it's on now and some of those years were Idzik levels of bad.

Then hire him back as a mascot only. Put him in a big silly airplane costume and let him wander the halls..  let the players rub his balding head as the run onto the field. 😆 

I have no further realistic or plausible ideas for fixing this debauched organization 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Then hire him back as a mascot only. Put him in a big silly airplane costume and let him wander the halls..  let the players rub his balding head as the run onto the field. 😆 

I have no further realistic or plausible ideas for fixing this debauched organization 

I find the pining over old, failed regimes unbecoming.  We need fresh ideas, not going around dusting off old ones!

….….…….

————-

……………

So what’s Parcells up to these days?

• En Fuego 1
  • Haha 1

Well since he speaks bad about us every chance he gets. No real fan should appreciate him. I don't care what he did.

Especially when you see the former guys who were with us who in general only talk good about us, especially in those years.

Making his side of disliking us seem very one sided.

He only gets what he deserves.   The team couldn't have taken any more 3-4 player drafts.  He was a bean counter and attorney, knew nothing about judging talent and player ability.  He took whom the CS wanted or those who were the consensus top picks at position of need.  He left the team totally devoid of depth.  He deserves every bit of crap he gets and so do you.