What's your dream with day one?

Sperm Edwards

Who would you want to take at #4? Or if your "dream" is to trade down, propose a realistic trade-down & who would you take with them?

I still want the Minnesota rumor from last month (#17 + #48 + #51 + a 5th rounder):

#17 OT Eric Winston

#29 NT Gabe Watson

#35 OG Jean-Gilles or Davin Joseph

#48 TE Fasano

#51 QB Croyle

#71 HB Calhoun or Drew

#97 OLB Gocong or McClover

Still leaves two 4th, two 5th, & two 7th for WR, RT depth, maybe Chris Chester drops, Hatcher or other DE/DT ‘tweener, S depth, huge blocking FB (Bernstein/Willis) or any surprising 1st-day talent who drops unexpectedly.

Also, if we could get a 2nd-rounder for DRob & his nutty contract I’d take it as well. He’s a penetrating 4-3 DT who needs a 2-gapper next to him; he's not a space-eating/run-blocking NT and we didn’t get Kimo at $2.5M-3M/yr to sit on the bench behind DRob at DE. If we could flip DRob for an elite RT prospect like Andrew Whitworth to anchor the right side for a decade I’d do it in a heartbeat. Winston/Whitworth would make a sick pair of bookends for many years.

Who would you want to take at #4? Or if your "dream" is to trade down, propose a realistic trade-down & who would you take with them?

I still want the Minnesota rumor from last month (#17 + #48 + #51 + a 5th rounder):

#17 OT Eric Winston

#29 NT Gabe Watson

#35 OG Jean-Gilles or Davin Joseph

#48 TE Fasano

#51 QB Croyle

#71 HB Calhoun or Drew

#97 OLB Gocong or McClover

Still leaves two 4th, two 5th, & two 7th for WR, RT depth, maybe Chris Chester drops, Hatcher or other DE/DT ‘tweener, S depth, huge blocking FB (Bernstein/Willis) or any surprising 1st-day talent who drops unexpectedly.

Also, if we could get a 2nd-rounder for DRob & his nutty contract I’d take it as well. He’s a penetrating 4-3 DT who needs a 2-gapper next to him; he's not a space-eating/run-blocking NT and we didn’t get Kimo at $2.5M-3M/yr to sit on the bench behind DRob at DE. If we could flip DRob for an elite RT prospect like Andrew Whitworth to anchor the right side for a decade I’d do it in a heartbeat. Winston/Whitworth would make a sick pair of bookends for many years.

Let me think about this one ...

I would be quite happy with your scenario, although I would like to see them get an OLB like Carpenter at 29 or 35 and I'm not quite sold on Croyle.

But let me think about it and get back to 'ya.

I'd like to see us make the move with the Raiders,picking up either a 2nd rounder or a 1st next year,we'd have to give back some picks to even it out,so lets say the trade is

Oakland gets:#4,#71

Jets get: #7,#38,day 2 pick to even out the value

1a Hatoli Ngata

1b Bobby Carpenter/Nick Mangold

2a Eric Winston/Marcus Mcneill/Max Jean-Gilles

2b Lendale White/Joseph Addai/Anthony Fasano

3 Ryan O'Callaghan/Brian Calhoun

I'd like to see us make the move with the Raiders,picking up either a 2nd rounder or a 1st next year,we'd have to give back some picks to even it out,so lets say the trade is

Oakland gets:#4,#71

Jets get: #7,#38,day 2 pick to even out the value

1a Hatoli Ngata

1b Bobby Carpenter/Nick Mangold

2a Eric Winston/Marcus Mcneill/Max Jean-Gilles

2b Lendale White/Joseph Addai/Anthony Fasano

3 Ryan O'Callaghan/Brian Calhoun

Love this, though I doubt Carpenter or Winston will be there at those spots. With Kendall/Teague/Katnik, at #29 I still like getting the true road-grader OG that we so sorely lack.

Love this, though I doubt Carpenter or Winston will be there at those spots. With Kendall/Teague/Katnik, at #29 I still like getting the true road-grader OG that we so sorely lack.

I'd have no problem with us taking Jean-Gilles at 29 or 35. I too doubt that Carpenter and Winston would be there where I had them,but apparantly my dream day 1 includes a few good prospects inexplicably sliding down a few slots.

We sure picked the right draft to rebuild the franchise though. As several others have been saying the past 2 days or so, I'd be pretty much happy with day 1 as long as we don't trade up and don't take Vince Young.

Archived