One thing's for sure ...

JoeWillie

There are endless possibilities thats what makes it so interesting. I don't really know what direction we are leaning in. Today I read from one site that the Jets were gonna take Leinart if he is there at 4, the same website said that there has been talk of the Jets trading the 29th and 35th to move up to 13 if Cutler is still there... I mean regardless of what happens I am going to look forward to a fresh start with an optomistic outlook on the future.

Everything seems to be in place for this franchise to turn things around.

This is the most anticipated draft for Jet fans since the 4 picks in 2000. You can sense it from the boards.

I'll be glued to the tube on Saturday. Looking forward to it.

Just hope we don't screw it up.

Cheers.

:cheers:

There's a draft this weekend? What kind?

this draft could make or break our franchise for the next 10 years.

Isn't that what we said about the 2000 draft? I think I may have said it myself, unbelievable that we had 4 first round picks that year and only two are still on the team with one of them having a busted shoulder. God I hope Saturday works out for us, we need it!

Isn't that what we said about the 2000 draft? I think I may have said it myself, unbelievable that we had 4 first round picks that year and only two are still on the team with one of them having a busted shoulder. God I hope Saturday works out for us, we need it!

Exactly why you can't really grade a draft until several years down the road...it may look great on paper Saturday night, but who really knows?

this draft could make or break our franchise for the next 10 years.

That's a ridiculous over exaggeration if I've ever seen one. The only time a draft really puts the fr4anchise in a bad way for more than a year or 2 is if they draft a QB within the top 3 and he busts. Even then the repercussions hardly last 10 years. Ryan Leaf was drafted in 1998. SD purged themselves of him by 2001. They were competitive for the last 2 years. CIN drafted A Smith in 1999. He was off the team in 3 years, and had it not been for horrendous coaching they'd probably have been more competitive much sooner than when Marvin Lewis turned them around.

I'm just as excited as the next guy for this draft. But don't be fooled into thinking this one year is going to either make us great or put us in the dumps for years to come. Very few drafts ever do.

Exactly why you can't really grade a draft until several years down the road...it may look great on paper Saturday night, but who really knows?

I love how draft experts try to grade the draft for Sunday's paper. The teams that do the best are the teams that have the most high picks. In 2000, we had the greatest draft of all time, but how many 1st rounders did we have? Of course we had a strong draft...but they gotta sell their papers.

This is the most anticipated draft for Jet fans since the 4 picks in 2000. You can sense it from the boards.

I'll be glued to the tube on Saturday. Looking forward to it.

Just hope we don't screw it up.

Cheers.

:cheers:

Agreed. Lotsa picks, a good number of day 1 picks, lots of possible needs, lots of questions and potential controversy, lots of differences of opinion amongst fans and media.....

No question, Saturday will be one hell of an interesting day. I will be coach bound all day long, without a doubt.

Archived