T-r-u-s-t

jales22

Great players make other players on their teams great.

Reggie Bush will do this.

We draft Bush, we will be able to control games....

My vote--trade up to draft Bush.

That being said...I trust the management to do what THEY feel is best for this team.

You are either "all in" or "all out"...there is no gray area when supporting the J-E-T-S.

PeaceOut.

Great players make other players on their teams great.

Reggie Bush will do this.

We draft Bush, we will be able to control games....

My vote--trade up to draft Bush.

That being said...I trust the management to do what THEY feel is best for this team.

You are either "all in" or "all out"...there is no gray area when supporting the J-E-T-S.

PeaceOut.

Really?

Randy Moss is the best WR in the league. What has any team he has played for done?

L Tomlinson is the best RB in the league. What did that team do before Gates came along, Brees finally started playing well, and most importantly they fielded a good D?

Peyton Manning is the best QB in the league statistically speaking. When has that team actually reached their expectations?

Barry Sanders was the greatest RB of all time, yhow'd his teams do?

You don't win with 1 or 2 superstars, you win with great depth and solid play from your starters. Bush (and his subsequent contract) would never allow us to do that.

Really?

Randy Moss is the best WR in the league. What has any team he has played for done?

L Tomlinson is the best RB in the league. What did that team do before Gates came along, Brees finally started playing well, and most importantly they fielded a good D?

Peyton Manning is the best QB in the league statistically speaking. When has that team actually reached their expectations?

You don't win with 1 or 2 superstars, you win with great depth and solid play from your starters. Bush (and his subsequent contract) would never allow us to do that.

i agree with the pollock.

this "Great players make other players on their teams great" stuff is a little far fetched

Really?

Excellent points.

But.....BUT.....all these guys suffered from massive ego's and/or coaches that couldn't coach and/or contain those massive ego's.

Yes..i agree..not just 1 great player makes a team...

But..Bush as a threat makes our passing game better...we can also control the clock..which will make our D better....

Their is a reason he is #1 on everyones (aside of the Texans now) draft board....

Who cares if we have more picks....doesn't mean we'll draft all good players..1/2 of the players we draft won't be in the league in 3-4 years..

Really?

Wow, what a categorical argument!!! Plenty of teams with a few superstars have succeeded.

Excellent points.

But.....BUT.....all these guys suffered from massive ego's and/or coaches that couldn't coach and/or contain those massive ego's.

Dude, everyone who makes it to the NFL has an ego. Some just express it differently. That's not a friggin excuse. Why has Jetnation gone Bush-crazy? We won't ever win a championship by trading up everytime we see 1 player we like.

Really?

Your right, but what about all those Barry Sanders memories....I agree a superbowl is better, but I would love to watch a back for years to come that brings that type of excitment.

Dude, everyone who makes it to the NFL has an ego. Some just express it differently. That's not a friggin excuse. Why has Jetnation gone Bush-crazy? We won't ever win a championship by trading up everytime we see 1 player we like.

I agree with you...but I think you missed my point.

Randy Moss, P.Manning, L.Tomlinson, and B.Sanders don't have any rings, but that doesn't mean they wouldnt be worth the 4th, 29th and 71st picks.

Moss - Great player. I don't think you'll get much of an argument if someone said his ego has hurt his teams chances at success. He plays hard when he wants to.

Manning- Great QB whose team got outcoached bt the PATS 2 or 3 times(not exactly an insult to get outcoache by the PATS), then choked away a golden opportunity against the Steelers. He has many years left, and a ring or two isn't a reach.

Tomlinson - Two words....SHOT....ENHEIMER.

Sanders- One word.......FONTES

O.K....to the point...as good as these players are(3 out of 4 players..Moss is debatable..are HOF good, in this case)...the main reason they aren't wearing rings is because of the team/coaching scenarios their careers have taken, not their ability.

Their ability, like Reggie Bushs', cant be denied.

Your right, but what about all those Barry Sanders memories....I agree a superbowl is better, but I would love to watch a back for years to come that brings that type of excitment.

And who's to say LenDale White can't bring excitement to the RB position for the Jets? The kid was a beast last season, and it's likely he falls to us at 29.

Archived