Ferguson is indeed wearing #60

Jets | Ferguson will wear No. 60

Tue, 2 May 2006 22:24:01 -0700

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports New York Jets rookie OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson will wear No. 60 with the Jets. Ferguson wore No. 66 at Virginia, but Jets OG Pete Kendall has worn No. 66 his entire NFL career.

Even though it doesn't necessarily mean anything, I'm relieved that Ferguson isn't one of those immature losers who HAVE to have a certain jersey # and pay out $$$ to the person who currently has it. Kendall has been here (and in the league) longer & presumably Ferguson was either respectful of that, could care less what # he has, or both.

Even though it doesn't necessarily mean anything, I'm relieved that Ferguson isn't one of those immature losers who HAVE to have a certain jersey # and pay out $$$ to the person who currently has it. Kendall has been here (and in the league) longer & presumably Ferguson was either respectful of that, could care less what # he has, or both.

I do agree somewhat but not all players have selfish reasons for wanting a jersey #. On the falcons, rod coleman had to have 75 because it was the age of his grandfather. And i quote:

"I've been playing football for him," Coleman said. "Every time I'd leave home he'd say, 'Give 'em hell.' So I play with the passion of going out and giving 'em hell. Every play I play for him. I've been doing that for years. I'm going to continue giving 'em hell. That's my motto that I'm going to keep carrying on.

he passed during last years pro-bowl.

u better hope kendall doesnt get cut in june 1st salarycut day,,

60 will be right back at brick..

Here's some other Jets that have worn 60...

60 Grantham, Larry LB 1960-72

60 Alexander, Dan G 1977-89

60 O'Sullivan, Dennis C 2002

Probably the latter. This decision was made just days after the draft. Seems like he unselfishly didn't give it a second thought.

Anyone know what jersey's the other Jet rookies will where?

no others have been assigned numbers yet-not even Mangold-I'm waiting for Clemens so I can get a jersey of a guy that I figure will be around for a while

Ferguson already said in an interview that he could care less what number he got. He also said that 66 was his number at Virginia and maybe it's time to switch numbers because he feels he's starting all over again. Gotta love it.

I pre-ordered mine at Eastbay since whoever we took at 4 I'd be getting that jersey 1-2 weeks after the number is confirmed. Can't wait for mine to get here asap.

Have you ever heard this guy talk? I doubt he would have selfish reasons for anything. The guy is extremely mature and team oriented. We have a really good character guy on our hands here. I love this regime's attitude. The only way character is a problem is if you don't look for talent as well, but you can't say that about D'Brick or our other picks. Tangini are shooting for both.

Here's some other Jets that have worn 60...

60 Grantham, Larry LB 1960-72

60 Alexander, Dan G 1977-89

60 O'Sullivan, Dennis C 2002

Larry Grantham - special player on some special Jets teams. We'll be able to say the same about D'Brick.

One Christmas, a few years ago, the I got an authentic #55, but with my name on the back! 55 was the year I was born, and they didn't want to blow that much cash on something that could be obsolete in a year! :bag:

So, I'm hoping that Schlegel wears his OU number.... 55. I feel pretty wierd wearing that jersey....

Archived