Doug Flutie retires

Blackout

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heard some of his press conference......made me so sick I had to turn it off. Let me give you a taste:

"I made the pro-bowl in Buffalo...I'm the greatest." "I made a historic drop kick as my last professional feat, I'm the greatest." "I was the greatest QB in the history of the CFL" "I am one of the greatest athletes to come out of Boston"

Gag, gag, gag....

Buh-bye. Hope ESPN cans your azz mid season.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heard some of his press conference......made me so sick I had to turn it off. Let me give you a taste:

"I made the pro-bowl in Buffalo...I'm the greatest." "I made a historic drop kick as my last professional feat, I'm the greatest." "I was the greatest QB in the history of the CFL" "I am one of the greatest athletes to come out of Boston"

Gag, gag, gag....

So . . . um, you don't like him right?;)

Your whipping boy gone- who will Garb take up to mock now?

The possibilities are plentiful, Fab. Why, there are candidates here at good 'ole JetNation, past and present, that would be kind of fun. But, I suspect that you, Max and Smizz would see it otherwise. So, I'll just find some other BC player to mock. Or, I can continue to mock Flutie Flake as he flubs his way through College Game Day telecasts..... ;)

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gag, gag, gag....

Lets not let ourself get "Flaked" over Flutie...

250px-FlutieFlakes1.jpg

:cheers:

I loved Flutie as a player. Not sure why you hate him Garb and you prolly have a good reason. But I really liked him as a player. I still remember sitting on my couch and seeing that throw against Miami. I was being called to the dinner table by my mom. Idk why but I just had to see the last play because it was such a good game. Unbelievable play that was.

So, I go to the doctors this afternoon to have some stitches removed (don't ask - domestic mishap) - so, who is there but Fred Smerlas and his wife. I've seen Fred there before. Nice enough guy in that doofus kind of way - well, a doofus in good shape. Anyway, they were both wearing Flutie game jerseys. Pulleeze! :rolleyes: So, they sit next to me. Biting my tongue. Couldn't do it. I say, "Boy, you BC boys stick together, eh?" He looks perplexed, his wife looks pissed, he says, "hahahaha....yah, we do. Brothers forevah." I say, "he was wee bit over-rated, don't you think?" I smile. He says, "He's Bawston Icon. Put BC on the map. Dougie had a phenomenal careeah" Then the nurse called my name....I say one last thing, "Personally, I think Flutie was a figment of the media's imagination. Anyway, good luck and Go Pats."

LOL!

So, I go to the doctors this afternoon to have some stitches removed (don't ask - domestic mishap) - so, who is there but Fred Smerlas and his wife. I've seen Fred there before. Nice enough guy in that doofus kind of way - well, a doofus in good shape. Anyway, they were both wearing Flutie game jerseys. Pulleeze! :rolleyes: So, they sit next to me. Biting my tongue. Couldn't do it. I say, "Boy, you BC boys stick together, eh?" He looks perplexed, his wife looks pissed, he says, "hahahaha....yah, we do. Brothers forevah." I say, "he was wee bit over-rated, don't you think?" I smile. He says, "He's Bawston Icon. Put BC on the map. Dougie had a phenomenal careeah" Then the nurse called my name....I say one last thing, "Personally, I think Flutie was a figment of the media's imagination. Anyway, good luck and Go Pats."

LOL!

That was hilarious!

BTW, did anyone know Floutie is Lebanese-American? Never would have guessed that, thanks Wilkopedia.

If Flutie gets in then Testaverde should be a lock.

I kept reading that Pats board (man are they delusional and talk about a circle jerk) but one poster actually said essentially what I just said (this guy must be a genius or something;) ):

image.php?u=1977&dateline=1133547203Murphys95 user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_102483", true);

reputation_balance.gif

icon1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pats726

My respect for your opinions is at an all time low....VERY low.....

Well you had better start making a list, because Vinnie Testeverde has a better shot at the Hall than Flutie does.

alltimelogo_smalld.jpg

Murphy's Patriots (Washington, DC)

Tune in to the best darn Patriots show out of the nation's capital - unlike other team sponsored internet shows, we actually talk Patriots.

Audio Blog #44: Patriots All-Time Draft (29:53)

Last edited by lobster : 08-25-2005 at 01:32 PM.

Archived