The "Look here, Alk!" Edition of POTW - May 17, 2006

GreenBeans

Hey Alk, look here - it the POTW! Welcome to this weeks edition, folks. Work requires I keep this short and sweet (more bad Java to combat this fine day :eek:). This week's POTW winner is a fine human being and a great member of the JN community (no savage, not TX). He's also one funny son of a gun. Congrats to Bugg for his award winning POTW!

(Topic: Note to all Mets & Yankees fans)

Originally Posted by Bugg

What was wrong with the Smurf gene pool that they produced all these little male smurfs and only 1 Smurfette? Nature dictates in most species that a reasonably equal number of males and females are produced.Or the Smurfs were a dry run and propganda for the Communist Chinese government. Obviously Papa Smurf was the alpha male of the tribe and was tapping Smurfette the whole time and allowing the rest of the Smurfs to do his labor and bidding.

The other posts considered this week included:

Originally Posted by Bob

Maybe I'll pick up a #10 because I still believe in the guy.

Reply Posted by PatsFanTX:

Does that jersey come with the right sleeve missing?

-----

(Topic: Softly, deftly...)

Originally Posted by Bob

gay_thread.jpg

-----

Originally Posted by Maxman

I will take it one step further. Sheff and Matsui getting hurt will be EXACTLY why the Yankees win the World Series this year.

I nominate this for POTW. POTW NOM dammit. I nailed it. I am calling how I nailed it.

This helps them because this team is going to run more and learn how to manufacture runs. Bubba Crosby will actually bunt. Do not replace them with superstars. Give Melky right and Bubba left.

Then you will win it all. You heard it here first.

-----

(Topic: Jetman67 divorced?)

Originally Posted by Alk

faba, if JN were The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, you would be Splinter.

-----

(Topic: I thought Herm was a "tough" coach???)

Originally Posted by Bugg

Sorry-I'm not ever gonna let this go.

Edwards was an awful game day coach-period. Bellichick stole his lunch money damn near every time. We had to retool the defense every year because he had no clue what he was doing. The Jets fired more assistants every year than every other team in the NFL during his tenure. Soemhow, Paul Hackett got a pass no matter what, while his minder/quality guys-Todd Haley. Jimmy Raye-walked the plank. He had never been a DC. And had Bradway hired either Marv Lewis or John Fox, he'd still have a job as Jets GM. Simply Edwards' hiring wasted 5 years of this franchise. Down the toilet, gone, cannot get'em back.

The team was never fully prepared at the start of the season. The team was never in shape. The team was outworked often. And it often appeared that game plans must've been drafted in the parking lot before the game. What little gameplanning there was was never adjusted from week-to-week. Halftime and in game adjustments were nonexistent.

The man would talk until the cows came home. His ego was unchecked, unbounded and running amok form day 1. And more scary, he came to believe he knew what he was doing.

And having sadi all that, he was, we found last fall, a worse person than he was a coach. He engineered his way out of here and campaigned for the Chiefs' job from opening day until the day his pal Peterson saved his sorry a$$. When he realized Woody had tired of his nonsense and no extension

was coming, he wasted a whole season. He should've quit if it was so bad.

EFF HIM. I'm overjoyed he's gone. And if you want keep defending him, go elsewhere. Unless from here on out you 1. want be ridiculed or 2. want to let us all know you don't know jack about winning football.

So Tinhatwearer and RJensenwhatever aand other Hermie apologists, ENOUGH!You must be one of those guys who really believed she wanted to be friends after she dumped you butt. If you wish to collude in a circle jerk over the wonders and talents of Coach Jerk Chicken, look here and be gone-

index.php

-----

Originally Posted by jetheelz

I traded a 50 dollar biology book for a wwf wrestling shirt.

Originally Posted by Maxman

I think I would read about biology before wearing a wwf shirt. No offense.

-----

Originally Posted by PatsFanTX (The Runner-up of the Week sponsored by PatsFanTX)

Nah, I've just come to realize that Beans is a complete A-Hole who has a vendetta against me.

-----

(Topic: POTW? WTF? Remix)

Originally Posted by Alk

I thought these things were supposed to come out on wednesday. TomShane had better get his act together or I have a feeling he will be relieved of his duties.

-----

(Topic: Wanna get shot in the gut?)

Originally Posted by CrazyCarl40

Sheesh for that much money I know a girl who will let you shoot it anywhere. And give you a happy ending.

Originally Posted by raffyD

pm me.

-----

(Topic: Does anyone expect this headline before the season starts...)

Originally Posted by Savage69

If Martin lost both legs he's still want stats as a "Short yardage" back! But If Chad feels like he can't be at his best he'd retire and look to Coach!! :cheers:

-----

(Topic: How Jersey Sales Work...)

Originally Posted by bitonti

this thread is exactly why im never gonna win post of the week. How jersey sales work is interesting? Bitonti go hell nerd!

-----

Originally Posted by Brenjetsfan

KellenClemensandAerosmith.jpg

my new man likes STEVEN TYLER!!!! I LOVE our QB.....

------

There they are, folks. The POTW and the losers. Time to go be a disgruntled state employee again. :Cuss:

GB

I was just happy to be nominated and in the company of all these fine posters, a true honor.

(I should have f ucking won this week, this is bullsh!t! I'm becoming the jets version of Patsfantx with these POTW nominations and then coming up short every week! Maybe I'll change my screen name to JetsFanTX just to make it official although JetsfanBrooklyn probably makes more sense.)

the fact that I wasn't even nominated despite reaming members new *******s almost daily shows how ill-legit this award really is ;)

Dude, I just compile and post. If no one nominates you there isn't much I can do for you. And by the way POTW NOM. ;)

Archived