Scott Kazmir

Maxman

I hate it when the very smilies that I uploaded are used against me. For evil purposes.

LOL...I'm all for ripping the mets for trading kazmir, because Al Leiter & Rick Peterson said so:rolleyes: ...but this thread :bs_lame:

LOL...I'm all for ripping the mets for trading kazmir, because Al Leiter & Rick Peterson said so:rolleyes: ...but this thread :bs_lame:

I think you will be proven wrong. MBN or someone else will step up with a good Kazmir story. We will learn from it. As a result we will become better humans.

I heard Jim Duquette once traded him to the Devil Rays, THINKING he was getting CARLOS Zambrano!!!

us met fans can only hope he turns out like Rick Ankiel & John Rocker...stud lefty very young, only to fall off the face of the earth! :rolleyes:

I heard Jim Duquette once traded him to the Devil Rays, THINKING he was getting CARLOS Zambrano!!!

us met fans can only hope he turns out like Rick Ankiel & John Rocker...stud lefty very young, only to fall off the face of the earth! :rolleyes:

who cares,, it got us Omar as GM,, the future is brighter than it has been in 20 years,,

lets just hope that San Juan doesnt get a team, we will lose Omar if that happens

who cares,, it got us Omar as GM,, the future is brighter than it has been in 20 years,,

lets just hope that San Juan doesnt get a team, we will lose Omar if that happens

yeah, the future looks very bright with Pedro and Glavine both gone by 2009 and the Mets having no more ace because they traded away Kazmir, who is only 22 by the way ;)

yeah, the future looks very bright with Pedro and Glavine both gone by 2009 and the Mets having no more ace because they traded away Kazmir, who is only 22 by the way ;)

Actually we have Pelfrey and Humber as young guys that can be the future aces- you do not know what is in the Mets farm system

Actually we have Pelfrey and Humber as young guys that can be the future aces- you do not know what is in the Mets farm system

But how do you know the Mess won't trade them away for Barry Zito, or (in typical Mess fashion) Carlos Silva?

thats ignorant and silly,,

we have very good youngsters and its the Mets, they will buy some free agent arms,,just like Yanks,, but now we have a smart GM like the Yanks do and mistakes will be minimal,,

thats ignorant and silly,,

we have very good youngsters and its the Mets, they will buy some free agent arms,,just like Yanks,, but now we have a smart GM like the Yanks do and mistakes will be minimal,,

we'll give you Randy Johnson for free if you donate a box of donuts to the NYPD

Kazmir strikes out 11, wins 7th as Rays sweep Marlins

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) -- Scott Kazmir kept the Florida Marlins guessing all day long.

"He had it all going on," Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon said Sunday. "Fastball, slider, changeup. Both sides of the plate, up and down."

Kazmir allowed four hits and matched a career-high with 11 strikeouts in eight innings, helping the Devil Rays beat Dontrelle Willis and the punchless Marlins 3-0 for the young left-hander's fifth straight win.

At 22, Kazmir is the youngest major league pitcher to win seven games this early in a season since Fernando Valenzuela in 1981.

"He's got great stuff, and he knows how to pitch. He's proved that," Marlins manager Joe Girardi said. "He's been on a roll. I think he took a few lumps the first half of the season last year. Since then, he's been as good as anyone in baseball."

Kazmir (7-2) shares the major league lead in wins. He held the Marlins to three singles and Miguel Cabrera's fourth-inning double while limiting an opponent to one or fewer earned runs for the fifth consecutive start.

The lefty walked one and hit a batter before departing after 119 pitches. Tyler Walker worked the ninth for his eighth save in nine opportunities.

"I felt in a groove the whole game," said Kazmir, who didn't get his first win last season until May 19.

"This is the best I've felt, by far, definitely. I'm a whole new pitcher. I'm more comfortable with all of my pitches."

Jonny Gomes keyed a three-run fifth inning with a RBI triple off Willis (1-5), who allowed eight hits in his first complete game of the season.

Ty Wigginton and Greg Norton also drove runs in the fifth for the Devil Rays, who swept the weekend series and have won a season-high four straight games.

The Marlins have lost seven in a row, their longest skid since losing eight in a row from July 7-18, 2002.

Willis worked out of jams with runners in scoring position in the first, second and third innings, but couldn't wiggle off the hook after giving up a one-out single to Julio Lugo in the fifth.

Gomes broke the scoreless tie with his triple to right-center, then trotted home on Wigginton's RBI single for a 2-0 lead. Norton finished the inning with a run-scoring single that gave Kazmir added insurance.

"You could see when he got the lead that he turned it up. To me, that's the mark of an ace and a winner," Girardi said.

"He's got three out pitches. Whenever you have a starting pitcher with three out pitches, they're dangerous. They're going to rack up strikeouts and they're going to go deep into games. You don't get the same look at them."

Willis, who led the majors last season with 22 victories, has gone seven consecutive starts without a win. It's the longest such stretch of his career, and the Marlins are 0-6 in games he's started on the road.

The Florida left-hander walked three and struck out three in his second straight solid performance. He allowed a pair of solo homers in nine innings of a game the Marlins lost in extra innings at Atlanta last week.

"Unfortunately we weren't able to get him a win," Girardi said. "But Dontrelle is on the right track."

Game notes

The complete game was the 12th of Willis' career. ... Maddon returned to the bench after missing the first two games of the series to fly to California for his girlfriend's graduation from law school. ... Only one Marlin had faced Kazmir before Sunday. C Miguel Olivo, who was not in the lineup, was 0-for-1 lifetime against the Devil Rays lefty. ... Tampa Bay won the first two games of the series on walk-off homers. Florida has the longest current streak in the majors without a walk-off home run -- 317 games. The Marlins haven't hit one since May 29, 2004 against the New York Mets.

The only player in the Yankees minor league system I would not give up for Kazmir is Phillip Hughes, otherwise I'd be all for any deal to get him in NY. If the D Rays would part with him for Wang (less service, Kaz is closer to his big contract) and first round pick Eric Duncan the Yanks shold look at it.

In addition or in place of that...if/when Toronto falls out of the race, the Yankees need to make a push to re-acquire Ted Lilly. Both of these guys are good lefties in Yankee Stadium who KILL the Red Sox.

The only player in the Yankees minor league system I would not give up for Kazmir is Phillip Hughes, otherwise I'd be all for any deal to get him in NY. If the D Rays would part with him for Wang (less service, Kaz is closer to his big contract) and first round pick Eric Duncan the Yanks shold look at it.

In addition or in place of that...if/when Toronto falls out of the race, the Yankees need to make a push to re-acquire Ted Lilly. Both of these guys are good lefties in Yankee Stadium who KILL the Red Sox.

AirForce you really think Toronto would trade Lilly to the Yankees if that occurred- salary dumping time is until at least July with the wild card it keeps team in the races besides Royals and Marlins

Kazmir, Gomes, Cantu, Crawford and Baldelli are the cornerstones the D-Rays will build around. I doubt any of these are traded, unless they gets real cheap again.

Kazmir strikes out 11, wins 7th as Rays sweep Marlins

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) -- Scott Kazmir kept the Florida Marlins guessing all day long.

"He had it all going on," Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon said Sunday. "Fastball, slider, changeup. Both sides of the plate, up and down."

Kazmir allowed four hits and matched a career-high with 11 strikeouts in eight innings, helping the Devil Rays beat Dontrelle Willis and the punchless Marlins 3-0 for the young left-hander's fifth straight win.

At 22, Kazmir is the youngest major league pitcher to win seven games this early in a season since Fernando Valenzuela in 1981.

I am a bit surprised with thjis statement. Gooden had an excellent season at a very young age. I wonder where he stood when he won his 7th that season.

And there has been no one else since 1981? WOW. WIth all the yonug pitchers who keep on coming into Baseball all the time, I am surprised with this statement.

Kazmir, Gomes, Cantu, Crawford and Baldelli are the cornerstones the D-Rays will build around. I doubt any of these are traded, unless they gets real cheap again.

I realize what you're saying about those guys being cornerstones for the D-Rays. I've been saying for years that if they draw some decent crowds and retain some of their young talent, the D-Rays have the potential to be a hell of a team. Not many teams have the number of good young players to build around that the D-Rays have.

The only way I'd see them dealing Kazmir would be for a guy who has a little less MLB service but has shown the ability to be a very good starter (Wang) and another blue chip prospect (Duncan). I realize that the chances of the Yankees (or anyone) getting Kaz are slim to none but if I could pick one guy for the Yankees to target and part with top prospects then he's the player I'd like to see them get.

I realize what you're saying about those guys being cornerstones for the D-Rays. I've been saying for years that if they draw some decent crowds and retain some of their young talent, the D-Rays have the potential to be a hell of a team. Not many teams have the number of good young players to build around that the D-Rays have.

The only way I'd see them dealing Kazmir would be for a guy who has a little less MLB service but has shown the ability to be a very good starter (Wang) and another blue chip prospect (Duncan). I realize that the chances of the Yankees (or anyone) getting Kaz are slim to none but if I could pick one guy for the Yankees to target and part with top prospects then he's the player I'd like to see them get.

the D-rays have more talent than half the teams in the NL

But how do you know the Mess won't trade them away for Barry Zito, or (in typical Mess fashion) Carlos Silva?

Because, as has already been said, Omar Minaya is handling the business, not Steve Phillips or Jim Duquette. You're using circular logic (again), blackout.

As SouthernJet said in another thread, the more you point out Scott Kazmir, the more it is just showing us Mets fans that you DO care about your NYC counterpart. Which is exactly the OPPOSITE of what you would have us believe.

If I were you, I'd be more concerned about a Yankee pitching staff that is quickly running out of arms, as well as two injured corner outfielders key to your success, an injured catcher, very little coming from the farm system, an overpaid third baseman who can't hit in the clutch, etc....

Because, as has already been said, Omar Minaya is handling the business, not Steve Phillips or Jim Duquette. You're using circular logic (again), blackout.

he eeeze worried that the Yanks day in dee sun is dweeendling :D

AirForce you really think Toronto would trade Lilly to the Yankees if that occurred- salary dumping time is until at least July with the wild card it keeps team in the races besides Royals and Marlins

No way they make the deal if they're anywhere near a WC which is why I said IF they fall out of it. Even then, Toronto would be wise to the Yankees trying to get Lilly to beat the Sox and would raise the price but the Yankees should at least make an inquiry.

If I were you, I'd be more concerned about a Yankee pitching staff that is quickly running out of arms, as well as two injured corner outfielders key to your success, an injured catcher, very little coming from the farm system, an overpaid third baseman who can't hit in the clutch, etc....

Other than Randy Johnson and one terrible start by Chacon, the Yankee rotation has been very good over the past several weeks. Mussina has been lights out, Wang has been fine (especially over his last two starts) and even Jaret Wright has put together a few consecutive quality starts. While RJ has been a huge disappointment I'm not sure where the "running out of arms" comment is justified.

The OF situation on the other hand is basically one that consists of Johnny Damon and any mix of AAA outfielders. Melky is an absolute disaster on defense and while hitting just over .300 he has yet to get an EBH. The thing that has impressed me most with Cabrera is how well he works the count for a young hitter. The guy has had several 10+ pitch ABs against some quality major league pitchers.

As SouthernJet said in another thread, the more you point out Scott Kazmir, the more it is just showing us Mets fans that you DO care about your NYC counterpart. Which is exactly the OPPOSITE of what you would have us believe.

Not sure that breaking balls is the same as caring. In all honesty I could give a damn about the Mets. I like the one or two met fans on this site who can have an objective conversation about baseball but to say Yankee fans "care" about the mets based on ribbing about Kaz isn't all that accurate IMO.

Not sure that breaking balls is the same as caring. In all honesty I could give a damn about the Mets. I like the one or two met fans on this site who can have an objective conversation about baseball but to say Yankee fans "care" about the mets based on ribbing about Kaz isn't all that accurate IMO.

Yep. The only time I'll really give a **** about Kazmir is when he's pitching against us.

If a few Mets fans on here mistake my good-natured ribbing for anything else, then in the words of Notorious BIG, they're dead wrong

Yep. The only time I'll really give a **** about Kazmir is when he's pitching against us.

If a few Mets fans on here mistake my good-natured ribbing for anything else, then in the words of Notorious BIG, they're dead wrong

what is a BIG?

AirForceJetFan, you may very well be the exception to the rule. But I have seen at least 3 threads devoted to Scott Kazmir BY YANKEE FANS. You would NOT see that if he were a former Royal.

We get it, Yankee fans. Jim Duquette made a horrible decision.

But that regime is gone. Omar Minaya is making the RIGHT DECISIONS for the New York Mets. It's time to find a new target.

As the person resonsible for most of the Scott Kazmir talk I would like to address these allegations.

My name is Max. And I am a hit count whore. That's right. I said it. I am only concerned with creating ongoing debates. That is it.

My therapist said I would feel better once I revelead this. Oddly I feel about the same as I did before.

As the person resonsible for most of the Scott Kazmir talk I would like to address these allegations.

My name is Max. And I am a hit count whore. That's right. I said it. I am only concerned with creating ongoing debates. That is it.

My therapist said I would feel better once I revelead this. Oddly I feel about the same as I did before.

Maxman, you have been starting many of these Kazmir threads. However, each of them has gone on several pages. What does that tell you?

Archived