Ray Lewis: Innocent Bystander or Killer thug?

SouthernJet

So its been a few years and this is off the front pages.

But wha tdoes theaverage Joe and Jill in the street think?

Was Lewis a innocent bystander when a few of his posse stabbed a man to death, OR, was he knowingly involved in a bar fight and contributed to a mans death?

What say you ?

where there's smoke, there's fire. he had more involvment than mere bystander. that's why he plead out and ratted on the other dudes, there was enough there for him to get convicted of at least some minor charges (i believe obstruction of justice was the most likely). you don't obstruct what you're not afraid of. he cut a deal so prosecutors could get his cooperation to go after the guy who actually wielded the knife. my guess is he pointed the victim out to the stabber or blocked his escape, or something more than just being a witness.

where there's smoke, there's fire. he had more involvment than mere bystander. that's why he plead out and ratted on the other dudes, there was enough there for him to get convicted of at least some minor charges (i believe obstruction of justice was the most likely). you don't obstruct what you're not afraid of. he cut a deal so prosecutors could get his cooperation to go after the guy who actually wielded the knife. my guess is he pointed the victim out to the stabber or blocked his escape, or something more than just being a witness.

Yup, Mr. Madden cover. Killer for sure...buy hey, thats our justice system.

Somewhere in between.

Who knows what the hell happens in a loud nightclub when everyone is drunk or high after a full day of partying. He didn't do the stabbing, but he was there, he brought these guys to Atlanta for the Super Bowl, and he disposed of the knives and told his pals "not to say sh!t." And then he proceeded to turn state's evidence (I.E., rat on his friends) in the middle of the trial. I don't know how he squares that with his all-important street cred. Above all, his pals were acquitted because the jury found Lewis's deal with the DA so distasteful.

Put it this way-Ray Lewis may have been a great linebacker. But no matter how you look at it, he's a despicable person. And while you cannot deny him the right to make a living, I'll never understand why EA or ESPN use this guy in ads.

Somewhere in between.

Who knows what the hell happens in a loud nightclub when everyone is drunk or high after a full day of partying. He didn't do the stabbing, but he was there, he brought these guys to Atlanta for the Super Bowl, and he disposed of the knives and told his pals "not to say sh!t." And then he proceeded to turn state's evidence (I.E., rat on his friends) in the middle of the trial. I don't know how he squares that with his all-important street cred. Above all, his pals were acquitted because the jury found Lewis's deal with the DA so distasteful.

Put it this way-Ray Lewis may have been a great linebacker. But no matter how you look at it, he's a despicable person. And while you cannot deny him the right to make a living, I'll never understand why EA or ESPN use this guy in ads.

when u r facing Jail time, its amazing what u will do,,,

just ask Grimsley

Somewhere in between.

Well, I mean... how retarded do you have to be? The knives used to kill the victim were purchased earlier that evening (or the prior afternoon, one of the two).

Think about that. You're Ray Lewis, you have unlimited cash flow; you have a limo, an ounce of blow, and you're "guests" for the evening are two hard core street brothers who are predisposed to violence. So what's the first stop on your itinerary? The gun and ammo store to buy a couple of swords. Then THEN go barhopping for ten hours, get good and liquored up, close a shady bar in Atlanta, where you know the odds of running into somebody looking for a fight (there's ALWAYS somebody looking for a fight after a bar closes at 3 in morning) are pretty good, and instead of taking the high road, and laughing the fool off, stab him to death.

No, don't get in the limo and drive away. Instead, stab the guy to death.

Ray Lewis is a POS, but when all is said in done, Linda Kasabian also drove the get away car for Tex Watson and the Manson girls and she didn't do day one in prison, either.

Archived