Chiefs deserve a lot of credit

NIGHT STALKER

Drafting a player like Larry Johnson even before Holmes became a MASH unit. They also deserve credit for taking the BBQ man off of our hands as well.:cheers:

The Johnson thing is a good point. Where was he selected? Somewhere around 10 or 11 if memory serves me correctly.

I am sure they could have went defense at that time. But kudos for taking the weapon they call LJ and letting Herm ruin him.

:rolleyes:

some of these great guys like Priest Holmes and what's that guy's name from Jax are very effective when they're healthy-unfortunately they never seem to be able to last a whole year.Ya gotta admit JFF-like him or not Curtis has been a very durable back.As for Herman Edwards-he'll have wrecked that team too before he gets the inevitable axe-with his propensity for neglecting the offensive line and drafting CBs and safties one third of the time..

some of these great guys like Priest Holmes and what's that guy's name from Jax are very effective when they're healthy-unfortunately they never seem to be able to last a whole year.Ya gotta admit JFF-like him or not Curtis has been a very durable back.As for Herman Edwards-he'll have wrecked that team too before he gets the inevitable axe-with his propensity for neglecting the offensive line and drafting CBs and safties one third of the time..

Terry Bradway was the GM, not Herman Edwards. Bradway is still with the Jets, a 'super' scout. Bradway neglected the offensive line, letting Kareem McKenzie go, failing to draft a first day lineman other than McKenzie, drafting what seems to be dozens of safeties after his blowing the Ed Reed pick for workout warrior Bryan Thomas when Reed was on the board.

Blaming Herman Edwards for five years of poor drafts is like blaming Hillary Clinton for the mess in Iraq because she voted for authorization.

You have to get over Herman Edwards, just like Jennifer Anniston has to get over Angela Jolie.

Terry Bradway was the GM, not Herman Edwards. Bradway is still with the Jets, a 'super' scout. Bradway neglected the offensive line, letting Kareem McKenzie go, failing to draft a first day lineman other than McKenzie, drafting what seems to be dozens of safeties after his blowing the Ed Reed pick for workout warrior Bryan Thomas when Reed was on the board.

Blaming Herman Edwards for five years of poor drafts is like blaming Hillary Clinton for the mess in Iraq because she voted for authorization.

You have to get over Herman Edwards, just like Jennifer Anniston has to get over Angela Jolie.

they were partners along with the scouts but if you think that Edwards had no say in who or what position they were gonna draft then you know a lot less than I thought you did rajensen-I HAVE no anti-Herm agenda and never did until I saw what he did (eventually) to this team-err THAT team

The Johnson thing is a good point. Where was he selected? Somewhere around 10 or 11 if memory serves me correctly.

I am sure they could have went defense at that time. But kudos for taking the weapon they call LJ and letting Herm ruin him.

:rolleyes:

they took him much later,like at 26 or 27 because the steelers traded up to 16 to take polamalu. And to be fair,Priest Holmes had missed the last few games of the season with what was said to be a career threatening hip injury.

What exactly did he do to the Jets.Injuries are apart of football unless the team is coached by Herman Edwards.Over the last 3 yrs,no team has had more injuries than the Patriots.Is Belichek running a soft camp that leads to all those injuries .

the combination of Bradway and Herm are the reason this team drafted so poorly. A head coach has alot of say in the drafting of players. Maybe not the final say but he has his share of the blame. However, you can't blame Herm for everything. The Jets did have quite a few injuries the past few years.

What exactly did he do to the Jets.Injuries are apart of football unless the team is coached by Herman Edwards.Over the last 3 yrs,no team has had more injuries than the Patriots.Is Belichek running a soft camp that leads to all those injuries .

he clearly didn't have his team ready to play football-I'll go back to what I have been saying for a year now-I don't care WHAT any doctors have to say HE WAS THERE EVERY DAY man-He should have known that our QB wasn't ready to play-that our center couldn't shotgun a snap.We fans assumed we had a guy that could assess how the most important cog in the wheel was holding up.He failed us and worst of all he failed Chad Pennington quite possibly for good and he failed Brooks Bollinger with the vote of no confidence.Chad tears up his cuff again and we need a TD to possibly salvage the season.What does Edwards do?With a healthy QB ready to go he puts the hurt one back in and his pass to the back of the EZ is a half second weak to Chrebet and gets batted out of his hands.Then we all watched as Bollinger's father was in the stands against Baltimore wanting to cry seeing how little faith they showed in him-these are just 3 or 4 examples of a guy who had an eye on HIS prize-the KC job all along

Lia wrote-

"You have to get over Herman Edwards, just like Jennifer Anniston has to get over Angela Jolie."

You know where you are with Coach Jerk Chicken, Lia. Nonetheless, we need pictures of Jennifer Anniston and Angelina Jolie going at it;so provide them and all is forgiven.

When the Chiefs OL starts falling aprt due to age, Johnson is going to become very pedestrian in terms of RB's.

Was just about to say the same thing. We'll see what he can do behind an Edwards line.

Sincerely,

Chad's hand and shoulder.

Archived