Knicks fire Brown, Idiot Thomas new coach

SouthernJet

Great. Just F'n great.

The Knicks have just become a complete and utter abortion of a team.

Does the hiring of Thomas, give me the right now to become a Bobcats fan ?

Just when you think the Knicks can't sink any lower they do. What's next a contract extension for Usuckbury ?

F Dolan

F Thomas

2 words:

We're ****ed.

Isiah and Marbury have man love for each other. Get ready for a lot of 15 point losses with Marbury putting up 40 pts.

I didn't think the Knicks could get any worse, but this move proves they can!

Isiah Thomas is a buffoon. At least you Knick fans can look forward to having the most ping-pong balls in next years draft lottery.

Great. Just F'n great.

The Knicks have just become a complete and utter abortion of a team.

Does the hiring of Thomas, give me the right now to become a Bobcats fan ?

Just when you think the Knicks can't sink any lower they do. What's next a contract extension for Usuckbury ?

F Dolan

F Thomas

u in NC?

Dolan is like "Tommy Boy", but without the happy ending. Better than that, he thinks after the Knicks screwed the Pistons in getting Brown, the NBA will suddenly allow them, sex harrasser GM/coach and all, to just wipe $40 million due Brown off the books. First, they won't win with Stern making the call. Second,even if they do, Brown is going to sue the living sheet out of them, win, and own MSG.

I hope Brown signs on as coach of the Bobcats for $1 and has the Knicks pay the other $39,999,999.00.

Dolan is like "Tommy Boy", but without the happy ending. Better than that, he thinks after the Knicks screwed the Pistons in getting Brown, the NBA will suddenly allow them, sex harrasser GM/coach and all, to just wipe $40 million due Brown off the books. First, they won't win with Stern making the call. Second,even if they do, Brown is going to sue the living sheet out of them, win, and own MSG.

I hope Brown signs on as coach of the Bobcats for $1 and has the Knicks pay the other $39,999,999.00.

he would love to come home to Tobacco Road,,

plus two of his beloved Heels are on Bobcats

I didn't think the Knicks could get any worse, but this move proves they can!

Isiah Thomas is a buffoon. At least you Knick fans can look forward to having the most ping-pong balls in next years draft lottery.

I believe we don't have next years first round pick either.

I believe we don't have next years first round pick either.

If we do we won't have it for long.

It will probably get sent to someone like the Lakers for Lamar Odom.

Brown was able to get maybe the NBA's biggest douche next to Artest, Rasheed Wallace to play within his system and look what happened.

The problem wasn't Brown. It starts with Usuckbury, ends with Usuckbury and has Fat Eddy Curry in the middle.

Biggest group of wasted talent and turds I have ever seen.

Stop riding Browns jock. Yeah, Isiah being the coach is not a good thing at all. But without that loaded Pistons team a couple years ago who caught Kobe and Shaq in the middle of their boyfriend girlfriend fight, Browns another journeymen coach without a ring. Brown was not fixing this team.

He's a whining rich Lond Island moron too.

Stop riding Browns jock. Yeah, Isiah being the coach is not a good thing at all. But without that loaded Pistons team a couple years ago who caught Kobe and Shaq in the middle of their boyfriend girlfriend fight, Browns another journeymen coach without a ring. Brown was not fixing this team.

He's a whining rich Lond Island moron too.

To a large degree that's very true. Brown will always be looking for the next job and big paycheck. Still I'm at a loss how anyone knowing the way Brown works on defense and relies on his PG thought that he could work with an arrogant POS like Marbury for more than about 10 minutes of the 1st practice. You just don't hire Brown and expect him to smack a phony smile on his face and be quiet when he has to deal with this jerk. It was destined to fail.

But by demanding to not pay Brown, the Knicks and Dolan are setting themselves up for talented people not wanting to work for them the day they fire Thomas. And that day is coming, probably about 11 months from now.

To a large degree that's very true. Brown will always be looking for the next job and big paycheck. Still I'm at a loss how anyone knowing the way Brown works on defense and relies on his PG thought that he could work with an arrogant POS like Marbury for more than about 10 minutes of the 1st practice. You just don't hire Brown and expect him to smack a phony smile on his face and be quiet when he has to deal with this jerk. It was destined to fail.

But by demanding to not pay Brown, the Knicks and Dolan are setting themselves up for talented people not wanting to work for them the day they fire Thomas. And that day is coming, probably about 11 months from now.

No question Larry Brown looks out entirely for himself- he is no loyal hero

Still does not change the fact that he has proven to be able to win in the NBA with multiple teams

Thomas just filled a roster with a bunch of overpaid players except for Frye and Lee

No question Larry Brown looks out entirely for himself- he is no loyal hero

Still does not change the fact that he has proven to be able to win in the NBA with multiple teams

Thomas just filled a roster with a bunch of overpaid players except for Frye and Lee

and a NCAA championship as well at Kansas

Lets not shed too many tears for poor Larry. The guy is a backstabbing phony. Same guy who was interviewing for the Kansas job the day the Nets had a playoff game and had his eye on the Cavs job while his team was competing for an NBA title. You know something is wrong when you get fired after taking your team within one game of back to back championships. Not that I feel bad for Isiah, but Brown was also supposedly backdooring him and negotiating trades with GMs around the league. What a selfish prick, but the man could coach. The knicks were never going to win under him so it really doesnt matter.

Dolan, Thomas, and Brown are all jerks. One is gone, the other is next, but we just wont be able to get rid of the most important one; Dolan.

So now Isiah finally gets to play his run n gun system with this group. So instead of losing 100-80 we'll lose 130-110. Im so excited.

I'm with Bugg here. I think Thomas now has to prove he can win where Brown could not, with this Motley Crew called the Knicks. If Thomas fails, as I think he will, I believe Dolan will fire him after next season, and get another guy in here.

The problem is, ISaiah will get 8-10 more wins and call it "tremendous progress', and Dolan will fall for it, hook, line and Stinker...............I mean sinker.:Cuss:

Marbury got rid of a HoF coach with his antics. And his contract goes longer than Thomas', practically if not on paper. He's going to come back and try to run the team his way-which means looking for his shot first and getting his 20 PPG every night. It's not gonna work any better. Once you let the inmates run the asylum, they aren't ceding control back. There may be smart guys (think Magic Johnson getting Paul Westhead fired, or Kidd and Byron or Jordan sending Collins packing) who have an idea what's wrong with the coach, stick a shiv in his back and then know how things could be better. Marbury isn't close to that cerebral. All he cares about is his shot. And how could Thomas even take control back since he was backing Marbury through all this?

Above all, this team is doomed until Dolan is somehow removed. The only reason the Rangers turned around was because the new cap rules forced them to wake up.The Knicks are totally screwed.

Hey, but they got Eddie Curry over Tyrus Thomas or the Italian guy. Yippee!

Really, Marbury is the lowest of the low. What a low class deceiftul SOB. Doesnt get any worst than "praising' Larry Brown for making him a "man" when he knew he was getting fired in a couple days. If you're going to be a jerk fine, but at least be up front about it. The kid is no good.

Really, Marbury is the lowest of the low. What a low class deceiftul SOB. Doesnt get any worst than "praising' Larry Brown for making him a "man" when he knew he was getting fired in a couple days. If you're going to be a jerk fine, but at least be up front about it. The kid is no good.

he is a thug , bottom line

I think that BOTH Brown and Isiah should have been fired. Larry Brown is an overrated coach. Great coaches like Pat Riley and Phil Jackson can adjust and change their styles.

Brown is an excellent coach but he can only succeed with a certain kind of team. Indiana, Philly Detroit, he always had veteran teams. The Knicks are the youngest team in the league and Brown just doesn't have the right personality to work with younger players like Frye, Lee and Robinson.

I think if the Knicks got the right coach to work with those three players they could all become stars. Unfortunately, that guy isn't Isiah Thomas. Yeah Jermaine O'Neal loved him but Isiah didn't do a great job in Indiana and so far he's done terrible here.

58493483v4_240x240_F.jpg

Only thing is, they knew that from Day 1 of signing off on $50 million/5 years for Brown that they had to get rid of Marbury-period. That they would hate each other and that it would never work was known by anyone, juust as they did in Athens. You know Brown's whole plan is have a smart PG to run the show, distribute the ball to the open man and play tight defense, or at least a guy he can mold to do those things. And Marbury isn't that smart. Billups or AI might have some of the same tendencies but they're sharp enough to understand that as a former point guard and a guy who's had success as a coach, they should listen to Brown. Marbury is DUMB. He refers to himself in the 3rd person as "Starbury". And there's nothing Thomas or anyone else can do to change this. The Knicks are doomed. And that they don't have their pick this year and likely not next year is beyond embarrassing. This is Arizona Cardinals/Tampa Bay Devil Rays-type mismanagement.

Archived