The Prophet

Sperm Edwards

Chiefs Notebook: Talking about Law

The Kansas City Star

Fathers planned quiet time with their kids, bachelors planned trips, and coach Herm Edwards said he’s off to California now that the Chiefs have wrapped up offseason practices. One question will undoubtedly dog him all the way to his home state.

When are the Chiefs signing cornerback Ty Law?

Edwards cracked a smile when the Law question popped up again Thursday. “I’m a prophet,” Edwards said. “I told you guys when the story started that he won’t sign, you won’t see Ty Law until training camp somewhere. We’ll see him at somebody’s training camp. And we’ll leave it at that.”

Will power

One man who wasn’t smiling Thursday was lineman Will Svitek, who got into a fight and was kicked out of a drill.

Veteran guard Brian Waters tried to plead Svitek’s case. He wanted the young tackle, who just came back from NFL Europe, to be able to finish his final workout.

But Edwards, who said he’s been encouraged by Svitek’s progress, wanted to send a message.

“You fight in the game, you get kicked out and you get a big fine,” he said. “It’s a bunch of money. More money than he can afford. He’s a rookie guy, so he should watch it.”

See you in July

The Chiefs will break for a month and start training camp July 28 in River Falls, Wis.

Edwards is a big believer in giving his players rest, but he also knows that’s a lot of time to pick up some bad habits.

“I told them it would be a shame that after all the work they put in if we have to come to training camp and emphasize conditioning,” Edwards said.

Here's another good one.

“We’ll play young guys. You’ve got to be patient with them because they’re going to make mistakes. You’ve got to live with that. I will, because after week eight, they’re going to be better players for it. They won’t get better if you don’t play them.”

- Herm Edwards

The best part? Chiefs fans are believing every word. Just like we used to.

Lia-

Again-we need updates on your shopping situation,as well as photos of Jennifer Anniston and Angeline Jolie canoodling.

Offseason, 2004-Conditioning Coach John Lott quits in disgust when the HC fails to back him up. Opening Day, 2005-Jets show up in KC, sucking wind all day, looking like they met in the parking lot. It only got worse from there.December, 2005-25 Jets overweight. Gee, who was that "disciplinarian"? Each season spare 1, whent the jets got a good schedule(2004), the Jets under Edwards haibitually start out 2-5 or worse.

Each season spare 1, whent the jets got a good schedule(2004), the Jets under Edwards haibitually start out 2-5 or worse.

They made up for the freak good start with a 2-4 finish. Then the Bills lost a gimme to a Steelers 3rd string that had NOTHING TO PLAY FOR and Herm acts like a big arrogant prick, telling everybody to "enjoy your Kool-Aid" 'cos he once again lucked his way into the playoffs at 10-6. I am so looking forward to watching this POS crash and burn.

Lia-

Again-we need updates on your shopping situation,as well as photos of Jennifer Anniston and Angeline Jolie canoodling.

Offseason, 2004-Conditioning Coach John Lott quits in disgust when the HC fails to back him up. Opening Day, 2005-Jets show up in KC, sucking wind all day, looking like they met in the parking lot. It only got worse from there.December, 2005-25 Jets overweight. Gee, who was that "disciplinarian"? Each season spare 1, whent the jets got a good schedule(2004), the Jets under Edwards haibitually start out 2-5 or worse.

KC opening day was bad, but I never saw a more out of shape, unprepared team than the Jets in the 2001 season opener against the Colts. Our defense was sucking wind like dogs, hands on the hips and all. I understand it was hot out but gee wiz it was THE FIRST QUARTER OF THE SEASON and these are supposed to be professionaly athletes for crying out loud.. I thought Marvin Jones and Mo Lewis were going to faint on the sidelines. Whadda joke.

Herm stressing conditioning is like BIn Laden stressing peace on earth.

KC opening day was bad, but I never saw a more out of shape, unprepared team than the Jets in the 2001 season opener against the Colts. Our defense was sucking wind like dogs, hands on the hips and all. I understand it was hot out but gee wiz it was THE FIRST QUARTER OF THE SEASON and these are supposed to be professionaly athletes for crying out loud.. I thought Marvin Jones and Mo Lewis were going to faint on the sidelines. Whadda joke.

Herm stressing conditioning is like BIn Laden stressing peace on earth.

That game was about as bad as it gets. They were out of shape. They never really did learn from that mistake.

Archived