Varitek possibly headed to the DL

Matt39

Sorry, I guess I am wrong for not giving the guy a benefit of the doubt when he goes from a crappy hitter who was cut, and then at 29 goes on a tear and starts owning the league in the steroid era. Silly me.

Dont be so naive.

Changing parks doesnt make that big of a difference? Why don't you ask Mike Lowell? And I'm sure that if you hit the weight room, of course you wouldn't know this, you can pack on plenty of muscle with the right training and eating habits. There has not been one ounce of evidence except for a couple pictures when guys were younger. Give it up.

Yea I'm sure Ortiz is taking all the right eating habits, the fat a##.

I honestly dont really care anymore, but a sudden spike from a cut player to league MVP candidate during the steroid era? Yea its alittle fishy.

I honestly dont really care anymore, but a sudden spike from a cut player to league MVP candidate during the steroid era? Yea its alittle fishy.

So the two years previous before joining the Sox, when he 18 HRs in 303 ABs and 20 the next year in 412 ABs means absolutely nothing? Come on now, it's a tired and pointless argument. Until the day he tests positive or anything like that he is innocent. Unlike players like Giambi, Sheffield, Bonds, etc Papi has NO link to any sorts of steroids. Period. Discussion over.

Then again, A-Rod on hit 5 Homeruns in his first two seasons (65 games, 198 ABs). So he must be on the juice as well.

Aren't the majority on the sauce? I mean we're football fans, aren't about 97% juiced up? At least HGH. Who cares? I'm a Yankee fan-I'm sure Giambi and his special trainer and Sheffield and his "balm" are juicing. Pretty sure that Big Papi is too. Just because Cancesco never played with him long enough to write a chapter about shooting him in the ass doesn't mean he's clean. Don't get caught and it's good enough for me. Steroids saved the game remember?

For some reason I suspect A-Rod is clean. Could be wrong though.

Yeah, its impossible for players to find their power without steroids like Ortiz did. Its impossible to naturally go from from 10 HR a year, to about 20 HR a year, then to 31, and then to 41, and then all of a sudden completely out of nowhere get 47 and into the MVP race. Its impossible to just become a better hitter like that, especially between age 25-31 during the first half of most hitters primes. He must be on roids.

Yeah, its impossible for players to find their power without steroids like Ortiz did. Its impossible to naturally go from from 10 HR a year, to about 20 HR a year, then to 31, and then to 41, and then all of a sudden completely out of nowhere get 47 and into the MVP race. Its impossible to just become a better hitter like that, especially between age 25-31 during the first half of most hitters primes. He must be on roids.

Dude, the whole league is on 'roids, or do you think it's the more tightly wound ball?

Does anybody find it kind of odd that not one player on a major league roster has tested postive for steroids this year ?

MLB, Selig and the owners are the biggest rats in professional sports. I would not be suprised in the least if they are surpressing positve tests so they can keep their cash cow going.

They nabbed some small players early last year and then the bomb hit with Palmiero. MLB saw all the negative backlash the Palmiero incident brought and probably decided it is not worth taking another black eye for.

All you are seeing are minor leaguers getting busted which tells me two things.

1) Minor leaguers don't have the cash to get the undetectable steriods.

2) Positive tests are being supressed.

This whole investigation that is going on is really much ado about nothing, just something to appease us.

Nothing bad that happens in baseball suprises me anymore. There is so much money out there and everyone wants their no matter what the cost.

Maybe its a sad commentary on the game but like it would not suprise me in the least if Ortiz, Giambi, Beltran, Pudge or even Jeter tested postive.

Dude, the whole league is on 'roids, or do you think it's the more tightly wound ball?

I think its a combination of things. People in general being stronger due to taking better care of their bodies and the fact that building muscle and hitting have become a science among other things, sure a small part has been steroids. I doubt "the whole league" is on roids. I'd say less than 25%, if that. At one time a very large part of the league was probably using some kind of performance enhancers, but I think that part has probably been lessened in the past few years. There's a good chance some are being swept under the rug, but maybe people aren't testing positive because a lot of them gave it up. If I was a ballplayer juicing, and then all of a sudden, the **** hits the fan like it has, I certainly wouldn't be dumb enough to keep doing it. I especially doubt the likes of Bonds and Giambi, and the others who have been caught or accused are still using it.

I doubt "the whole league" is on roids. I'd say less than 25%, if that.

You're right, they use HGH. Nobody tests for that. Do you work out in a gym? I do and believe me the use of "performance enhancers" is pretty much rampant. I'm talking high school and low college level athletes. Don't think only guys in the majors can afford it. The UPS man is probably doing it. Nutrition and exercise only take you so far.

Did you look at the picture you posted? Cut? PPPPuuuhhhlllleeeeeeaaassseee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has the same thick neck, big head and arms and I could be wrong, but me thinks that uniform is hiding his Big Papi gut.

I will guess he is easily pushing 210-220 in that picture. Again, where is the pic that shows the clear differences between a young player (i.e. Bonds, Shef and Gimabi) and a plyer that has gained good 60-80 lbs?

Sharrow

Retracted due to my own stupidity. Thanks #27. The English thing is new.

Did you look at the picture you posted? Cut? PPPPuuuhhhlllleeeeeeaaassseee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharrow

So a player cannot get better the more he plays? Interesting. Retarded, but interesting concept.

Dude you're busting the wrong guy. Sharrow is a Pirate fan (I think) who thinks they are all natural (at least 75%).

It's the Yankee fans you are fighting with. Personally, I don't doubt Papi is doing HGH. Just looking at his face it seems that way. I don't have a problem with it because I believe the majority of people in professional sports are "using the chemical advantage."

He has the same thick neck, big head and arms and I could be wrong, but me thinks that uniform is hiding his Big Papi gut.

I will guess he is easily pushing 210-220 in that picture. Again, where is the pic that shows the clear differences between a young player (i.e. Bonds, Shef and Gimabi) and a plyer that has gained good 60-80 lbs?

Sharrow

Retracted due to my own stupidity. Thanks #27. The English thing is new.

no no. "Cut" as in released.

I wish I could blow up that pic of him in the twins uni, he is very small there compared to now. Very big difference.

Archived