MATT JONES

Green Jets & Ham

Would you select Matt Jones at 26 overall?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you select Matt Jones at 26 overall?

• YES ... his upside is too enormous to pass on at 26
    • Gotta see who's on the board, but I like the idea of Jones at 26
    • Gotta see who's on the board, but I'm not crazy about the idea
    • NO ... never draft a project in RD 1

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:roll: we need to win now! CHAD is no kid and the team is getting a bit old at RB. The DL NEEDS a widebody to protect VILMA or our run game might suffer. Why take a project in rd 1? Take a sure or as close to sure type of player that can play immeiately and be productive. Besides I have faikt in HUMDINGER to develop BAKER to near-elite status IF HERM does not interfer. :mrgreen:

if you say so. i strongly disagree.

where i come from saying that to someone is an insult. believe me. but if you say did'nt mean anything by it, i'll take your word on it.maybe you should have looked up the stats. all he did was catch the most TD's at TE ever.lets agree to disagree. you think he'll suck. i think he's a star in waiting. i also think i'll be getting a free jetnation shirt.

No, you missed my point about Gates. I typoed. I meant, without looking up the stats, that wasn't Gates' first season. It was like his third or so.

And, I don't believe I ever said Jones would suck. He's very much something that we don't know alot about. He's an enigma. To say he'll suck is ignorant. To say he'll be great is also ignorant. The thing is, we don't know what he'll be. And, right now, the Jets really can't take that chance, cause with the Jets luck, he'll be nothing.

And the whole riding his jock thing, that's not an insult per se, I mean you can take it as such, but that's not what I meant. I meant that you don't really see anything negative about him, and while there are alot of positives, there are just as many, if not more, negatives. I conceeded that he has speed and he's big. Which are things you most surely look for, but you didn't admit that he's a huge gamble and that he lacks experience. and, who's to say, if the learning is tough, he just won't quit? I dont' know his heart. I don't know his desire. It's one thing for us to debate on a message board, we don't know these kids. So yeah, it scares me a bit to draft him. I don't know alot about him. I didn't hear about him til January. So yeah, that's scary. Hell, I even heard Mel Kiper weary of this kid. Then again, his kid isn't going to Arkansas.

Being fast and being huge doesn't automatically make someone a good football player. Jetgreen, you certainly HAVE THE TALENT to suck off Matt Jones non-stop, but that doesn't mean you're going to be suiting up for the Indiana Pacers tomorrow night, does it?

Jones is big, is a great athlete, and has blazing speed. Great, so do David Boston and Brock Lesnar. Ya know, the Rock played a bit of football at the U. He's big and fast. How about we sign him? He has the potential to be the next Kellen Winslow. Why? He's an actor that was a college defensive linemen 10 years ago. So what? Is he not both big and fast, jetgreen?

THE ROCK 4 TIGHT END!!!

Seriously though, Kentucky Jet made a great post here. Do you guys wanna win now while we have a window of opportunity with a 40-year old running back and two coordinators that can leave any year now to become head coaches? Or do you want to waste perhaps the most important draft pick in franchise history on a project? I'll take the former.

Being fast and being huge doesn't automatically make someone a good football player. Jetgreen, you certainly HAVE THE TALENT to suck off Matt Jones non-stop, but that doesn't mean you're going to be suiting up for the Indiana Pacers tomorrow night, does it?

Jones is big, is a great athlete, and has blazing speed. Great, so do David Boston and Brock Lesnar. Ya know, the Rock played a bit of football at the U. He's big and fast. How about we sign him? He has the potential to be the next Kellen Winslow. Why? He's an actor that was a college defensive linemen 10 years ago. So what? Is he not both big and fast, jetgreen?

THE ROCK 4 TIGHT END!!!

Seriously though, Kentucky Jet made a great post here. Do you guys wanna win now while we have a window of opportunity with a 40-year old running back and two coordinators that can leave any year now to become head coaches? Or do you want to waste perhaps the most important draft pick in franchise history on a project? I'll take the former.

eff off troll. trying to act hard over a computer. big effin deal. the funny sh*t is i'm sure you think you just clowned me!! guess what...you would never in your motherfather life have the b*lls to say that sh*t to me face to face. just keep hiding behind your computer. effin little joke.

eff off troll. trying to act hard over a computer. big effin deal. the funny sh*t is i'm sure you think you just clowned me!! guess what...you would never in your motherfather life have the b*lls to say that sh*t to me face to face. just keep hiding behind your computer. effin little joke.

Huh?

Jeez, who pissed in your Olde English?

Archived