The Tigers: talk about them here.

Thor99

So... this is the bash on the Tigers thread? How are those Mets doing? How bout those Yankees? Oh snap! the Mets are 1-5 and the Yankees are 3-3! The Tigers are 3-3 too! Damn, was I put in my place. For a second there, I thought the Yankees were something, other than a 200 million dollar team. And, as I saw, they were losing 7-1 today. Damn, they're good.

Fine you guys, be that way. I'll say something nice about Detroit:

I, for one, do not think they will lose 120 games this year either.

Uh... they only lost 90 games last year. And, add to that, they've got a better offense than the Yankees and Red Sox (numbers don't lie) and better pitching (check the numbers).

And, how are those Red Sox doing so far?

So... this is the bash on the Tigers thread? How are those Mets doing? How bout those Yankees? Oh snap! the Mets are 1-5 and the Yankees are 3-3! The Tigers are 3-3 too! Damn, was I put in my place. For a second there, I thought the Yankees were something, other than a 200 million dollar team. And, as I saw, they were losing 7-1 today. Damn, they're good.

Please do not lump the Met fans here like myself with Yankee and Bosox fans putting down the Tigers- I am rooting for you guys to turn it around just like my Mets- always rooting for the underdogs.

Uh... they only lost 90 games last year. And, add to that, they've got a better offense than the Yankees and Red Sox (numbers don't lie) and better pitching (check the numbers).

And, how are those Red Sox doing so far?

Dickw@d...it was a joke, and you totally stepped on the punchline. Next time leave my sh*t alone. I need room to work here!

Now, I sense a growing disdain for the Mighty Red Sox Nation on this board from the casual baseball fans of lower-class, third rate teams (read: not the Sox or Yanks.) You guys profess to be fans of the Mets, Cubs, and Tigers. I apologize if I forgot anyone affiliated with another team of B level walk-on scrubs as I am racking my brain to even remember that baseball is played in cities other than Beantown and Noo Yo-awk.

You people tend to lump the beloved Olde Towne Team, a group of passionate, affable free spirits assembled by men of genius to overtake the hearts of every red-blooded American with an appreciation for all things right with the world...to the Evil Empire! A collection of dispicable, drug-pushing, malcontent thugs laden with greed and blood money assembled by a ravenous old man who is attempting to sabotage a once respectable national passtime no less. Any comparison is blasphemous to the great name of baseball!

Dickw@d...it was a joke, and you totally stepped on the punchline. Next time leave my sh*t alone. I need room to work here!

Now, I sense a growing disdain for the Mighty Red Sox Nation on this board from the casual baseball fans of lower-class, third rate teams (read: not the Sox or Yanks.) You guys profess to be fans of the Mets, Cubs, and Tigers. I apologize if I forgot anyone affiliated with another team of B level walk-on scrubs as I am racking my brain to even remember that baseball is played in cities other than Beantown and Noo Yo-awk.

You people tend to lump the beloved Olde Towne Team, a group of passionate, affable free spirits assembled by men of genius to overtake the hearts of every red-blooded American with an appreciation for all things right with the world...to the Evil Empire! A collection of dispicable, drug-pushing, malcontent thugs laden with greed and blood money assembled by a ravenous old man who is attempting to sabotage a once respectable national passtime no less. Any comparison is blasphemous to the great name of baseball!

Normally I don't knock on the Sox but I hope you enjoy the next 86 years of misfortunes, because its going to be that long before you win another title.

Go ahead and knock the Tigers as a B-level team, but they have just as storied a history as the Sox do, if not more. last time I checked, the tigers have had 4 championships under their belt since 35'. You've won one?

Your going to knock the Tigers because their a small-to-mid market team? Sox fans complain and complain about having to compete with the Yankee payroll and how unfair it is, yet your payroll still exceeds 120 million.

Tigers have sucked for the past 10 years. Thats true. But just as you hate when yankee fans say "1 championship doesn't wash away 86 years of failure" 10 years of mediocrity shouldn't hide 90 years of tradition. When people think of Tigers as a whole they think of Cobb, Greenberg, Kaline and Lolich. Bring up the sox and its Ted Williams proceeded by Bill Buckner, Bucky Dent, and the Curse of Bambino.

I only wanted the Sox to win last year to a)shut the yankee fans up. and B) so Sox fans would stop blaming their misfortunes on a damn curse instead of the guys that actually play the game. I don't have to worry about either of them anymore so I say F them and F the yanks.

Ah yes... now I remember why you were banned at JI. Mostly for being an idiotic front running dumbass. Like Mavrik said, the Tigers have a BETTER history than the Red Sox. So, you guys have finally won a world title. It took you what? Your whole life? Guess what? I've already got a title in my lifetime from the Tigers, and I got that when I was 3. So, besides buying this world title, what else have you done lately? Feel free to go back fifty years, if need be.

One title does not a champion make there, Sparky. Just remember that when you're dealing with real big dogs.

Good point, the Detroit Tigers are God's Gift to this universe. By all means, let's continue with the Tiger ball-washing thread. And, I take back the facetious remark about them losing 120 games this season.

So, how 'bout them Tigers? How many times do you think the Tigers will be no-hit this season?

Good point, the Detroit Tigers are God's Gift to this universe. By all means, let's continue with the Tiger ball-washing thread. And, I take back the facetious remark about them losing 120 games this season.

So, how 'bout them Tigers? How many times do you think the Tigers will be no-hit this season?

LMAO!

Probably less than the Red Sox... cause, just to let you in on a secret, the Tigers have the best offense in baseball, champ.

As opposed to the a$$-kissing you give the sox on just about every thread? 95% of the threads on this board either relate to the Yanks or the Sox. Yet one Tiger thread starts up and its a big deal?

Archived