JP Losman sucks

Smizzy

Chad does but that's not here nor there. Did you guys ever read the Losman comments on Bret Favre and his little green shorts?

Funny stuff.

"He invited me into the house for a little bit," Losman told the Buffalo News. "There he was with his tight little shorts, no shirt and his little red hat. He was doing some farming or something. He was covered in dirt. It was awesome."

:baby:

"He invited me into the house for a little bit," Losman told the Buffalo News. "There he was with his tight little shorts, no shirt and his little red hat. He was doing some farming or something. He was covered in dirt. It was awesome."

:baby:

Dude, the article is over 3 yrs old. Get some new material.

If you are a Qb in the NFL you are the main focus of the D and if you are standing on the 1yd line and playing the pats, come on bro,somebody should yell JP throw the dam ball away Moron!!!

I know you probably only saw the sportcenter version....but thats cool

On this particular play the defense was offsides (uncalled) just as it had been offsides on the previous play (uncalled) which allowed the defense to get a head start into the backfield....

JP Losman with basically no time on the play ducked one defender trying to cream him and got taken down from another defender he did not see....he could not step forward because it would have been right into a hit by a defender and he could not "throw the ball away" because he was still in the tackle box....

Had he attempted to throw the ball downfield without being able to see where the ball was going he might have thrown it right to a defender who would have had an easy TD rather then a safety.

MMKAY?

On this particular play the defense was offsides (uncalled) just as it had been offsides on the previous play (uncalled) which allowed the defense to get a head start into the backfield....

JP Losman with basically no time on the play ducked one defender trying to cream him and got taken down from another defender he did not see....he could not step forward because it would have been right into a hit by a defender and he could not "throw the ball away" because he was still in the tackle box....

Had he attempted to throw the ball downfield without being able to see where the ball was going he might have thrown it right to a defender who would have had an easy TD rather then a safety.

MMKAY?

PLUUUEASE (Uncalled) Man if you are considered a NFL QB (only by bill fans) you are suppose to know where you are on the field at all times..... Period.Sure you can blame other guys for the lose but the safety is on JP he has to play smarter than that,and you just might be 2-0 right now.

MMKAY?

Don't cry about it.

Losman's 1st year was ended before it began, because of a broken leg in training camp. So essentially, last year was his rookie year. He was thrust into the starting role before he was ready by an idiot GM and pulled out of the lineup because of a gutless Head Coach. This year he has looked like a different player on & off the field when you compare him to last year. Furthermore, he played well enough to win AT New England and managed the team to a win AT Miami. Now he comes home and will be playing in the confines of Ralph Wilson stadium. If he comes out and throws for 130 and 4 INTs then yeah he does suck, but it is premature to write him off this year.

Losman's injury came toward the end of training camp, which I'm sure stunted his development some. However, he still recieved the training camp reps early, then came back toward the end of the season and received more reps. I wouldn't say year one was a total wash. He (should have) learned something about the playbook in year one, at the very least.

Year two, excuses should have been minimal. He had a year to at least study the playbook, had two full training camps under his belt, and a few weeks of practice that came toward the end of 2005. Losman was also throwing to two very, very good receivers in Eric Moulds and Lee Evans. He also had Willis McGahee, whom is one of the better backs in the league. Granted, his offensive line was average at best, but there are plenty of quarterbacks playing behind questionable lines (READ: Chad Pennington) who go on to play well.

Let me ask you something: Who had a better situation in front of them last year, Brooks Bollinger or J.P. Losman? Hell, Bollinger had almost NO game experience, crappy receivers, no tight end, and the worst offensive line in football. And Bollinger still outperformed J.P.

Last year, Losman was simply terrible. There's a reason he lost his starting job to a journeymen backup quarterback. You can't complete 49% of your passes and expect to remain a starting quarterback, unless you show signs of progress. Losman never read the field last year and never checked down to his #2 or #3 receiver. When Eli Manning sucked his first year, you could at least see that he was learning his reads and checking receivers off. Granted, he still sucked, but learning is learning and it paid dividens in year two.

Losman's draft status is the worst thing to have happened to him. He should have been taken much later in the draft, but that isn't his fault.

Agreed.

I reference him because Losman went 11/18 for 83yds & 1 TD on Sunday. If Roethlisberger did the same thing and the Steelers won, everyone would say how well Ben managed the game - Losman never gets that kind of talk. Granted Big Ben makes big plays when needed, but Losman didn't need to make more than a couple plays, which he did on Sunday.

Perhaps you're right on this one, but only to a certain extent. Roethlisberger never had a game in year one where he threw for less than 130 yards, let alone 83 yards. And he always came up with one or two big plays when needed. Losman threw for less than 115 yards in three games (out of nine appearances) in 2005, all of which resulted in losses for his team.

Has Losman had the chance to start more than a couple games in a row?

He started the first four games of 2005 and stunk the joint up. After beating the worst defense in the NFL in week one, Losman went on to complete 42% of his passes with ZERO touchdowns, averaging 88 yards passing per game over the next three weeks. It's rare to see a quarterback play that poorly in the NFL.

Then, after Holcomb's injury, Losman got another chance to redeem himself in week ten. He started the next five games, completing 51% of his passes, and throwing for 7 TDs and 6 INTs, averaging 181 yards per game.

Very Brooks Bollinger-ish, if you ask me. Given the choice between Bollinger and J.P. Losman, I'd choose suicide. But if there was no noose hanging around, I'd choose Bollinger. Seriously.

Very Brooks Bollinger-ish, if you ask me. Given the choice between Bollinger and J.P. Losman, I'd choose suicide. But if there was no noose hanging around, I'd choose Bollinger. Seriously.

It's just going to make it that much sweeter when he beats your team this Sunday now isnt it? :D

It's just going to make it that much sweeter when he beats your team this Sunday now isnt it? :D

The Jets always play poorly in Buffalo, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do lose this one.

I'll be at the game this Sunday wearing my Chrebet jersey. Swing by for a beer if you'd like before the game. Just don't jump me:p

I don't think the Jets are a good team to use as a measuring stick for a QB as long as they play like they did against NE.

They had ZERO pressure on Brady in that game and personally, I can't believe NE didn't put up 41 points. You can't give an NFL QB that much time to find a receiver. No matter who you are. From Peyton Manning to JP Loshman, an NFL QB will shred a defense that allows him to sit back in the pocket and scan the field multiple times looking for somebody to throw the ball to.

No pressure this week will lead to another Jets loss IMO.

Co-sign, and in addition to no pass rush, there's the question of stopping the run vs Willis , and they could have problems. This game will be a good test for the Jets, and will be a window as to their real strengths or deficiencies.

Kelly Holcomb kicked our asses last year I can't believe he isn't the QB up there...now THAT guy scares me... JP? not so much

Look at the final game of last season and you'll see why Kelly Holcomb isn't the starting QB in Buffalo anymore.

The Jets always play poorly in Buffalo, so I wouldn't be surprised if they do lose this one.

I'll be at the game this Sunday wearing my Chrebet jersey. Swing by for a beer if you'd like before the game. Just don't jump me:p

Making excuses already? LOL/JK.

I might have to take you up on that beer though!

Ken O'Brien could complete a pass while being chopped in half with a chainsaw.

That's why I loved rooting for Kenny O so much, the guy just kept getting up! (Except when we started Ryan against the Browns in the playoffs).

Remember the old NFL films specials on Lawrence Taylor? I think half of those vicious QB sacks shown were with Kenny O as the QB.

Archived