New Logo for JetNation.com

PhinHater

Nobody is saying graphics don't matter. But the biggest point is that the # 1 factor in this site is the POSTERS. People come here for football talk. Agreed we need a nicer design. But to say that people will blindly stay here because of a new look and no substance is not accurate.

Max, that is cool - but you just answered a lot of questions. You want the site to BE the POSTERS. That is fine. If that was what you wanted all along, then your site is fine - your site does have more to offer though.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Max, can I help redesign your bedroom? All those pics of Tom Shane creeped me out.

GreenMachine, that is funny. I am not ready to redo the bedroom yet. I still miss him. Those pictures in my bedroom get me up in the morning.

No go,,,,,,

The team PLAYS in Jersey, will soon have TRAINING FACILITIES and be TRAINING in Jersey and will have HEADQUARTERS in Jersey also,,

cant single thread NYC so much in logo.....

many teams dont actually play in the city they are named after...you are more or less named after your "metropolitan area" than the city itself. and the jets are still in the new york city metropolitan area.

HI Everyone,

I am not trying to pick an argument with anyone. I am posting because I have been talking with Max about a redesign for this site.

This is a new logo I came up with. Max strongly feels that he cannot change his old logo.

I am just curious that if everyone could give their input.

If everyone hates it and loves the old one, then I will keep my mouth shut.

If everyone loves it, Max, please listen to them.

http://www.respectableresumes.com/JetNation_Logo.gif

Your is much better, but a few suggestions:

- Make sure it looks good at 200px (height)

- Include the actual url

- Maybe some sort of football reference in there, could be for anything (a football flying over the city)

BZ

many teams dont actually play in the city they are named after...you are more or less named after your "metropolitan area" than the city itself. and the jets are still in the new york city metropolitan area.

again who cares,, YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE..

if they have all games in NJ , and live there, and work there and train there,, great,, call yourself NY Jets,, but why splash a logo of a city the TEAM IS NEVER IN,,why make it worse, ,

be non city generic or put some Jersey in logo,,sorry New Yorkers, ,you lost

again who cares,, YOU ARE WHAT YOU ARE..

if they have all games in NJ , and live there, and work there and train there,, great,, call yourself NY Jets,, but why splash a logo of a city the TEAM IS NEVER IN,,why make it worse, ,

be non city generic or put some Jersey in logo,,sorry New Yorkers, ,you lost

why do the buffalo bills have a buffalo on their helmet? is it because they play in buffalo? because they don't! like i said, it has nothing to do with the city and everything to do with the metropolitan area...

why do the buffalo bills have a buffalo on their helmet? is it because they play in buffalo? because they don't! like i said, it has nothing to do with the city and everything to do with the metropolitan area...

come to think of it i've never seen any lions in detroit.

sj's point is a good one-- people already snidely call us "the NJ Jets" why give them ammo? makes it look like we have an inferiority complex.

Admit it - having an orchard on their helmets would be really silly.

come to think of it i've never seen any lions in detroit.

sj's point is a good one-- people already snidely call us "the NJ Jets" why give them ammo? makes it look like we have an inferiority complex.

no...but you do see detroit when you are there. buffalo is the name of the city, not the name of the team.

it would be stupid...as it would be to put nj on the jets stuff...its the metropolitan area, not the city that matters. many teams don't play in the city they are named after...

Its not gonna happen,, sorry,,

we will still be the NY Jets but wont have any NYC images on any merchandise /logos,, a decision by the team now that its Jerseyfyed..

u wont see the gas drums from Secaucus either, but it will be generic Jets and footballs etc..

sorry...

nowmaybe the gun from the Sopranos opening sequesnce might pass Woodys muster

Its not gonna happen,, sorry,,

we will still be the NY Jets but wont have any NYC images on any merchandise /logos,, a decision by the team now that its Jerseyfyed..

u wont see the gas drums from Secaucus either, but it will be generic Jets and footballs etc..

sorry...

nowmaybe the gun from the Sopranos opening sequesnce might pass Woodys muster

i really don't care if there are nyc images on merchandise or logos, im just talking about the actual team name and concept behind the fact that the team is the new york jets...

i really don't care if there are nyc images on merchandise or logos, im just talking about the actual team name and concept behind the fact that the team is the new york jets...

team name will remain the same ,, UNTIL,, Woody sells someday and the buyer is a Jerseyite

team name will remain the same ,, UNTIL,, Woody sells someday and the buyer is a Jerseyite

which is fine with me. i wouldn't like the team any less if it was called the new jersey jets. i just think its ridiculous that people bring up the fact that the jets are called new york and don't play in buffalo. i even had to email wgr550 and let them know as they kept talking about why why why are the jets called new york. after they received the email stating that their team doesn't play in buffalo either, well they didn't bring it up again.

Archived