Flexible schedule- opinions on it?

faba

The NFL has to give at least 12 days notice if planning to change a game- still stinks for season ticket holder that is effected by changing to a night game from a day game- especially to get up for work on Monday!

the whole thing stinks imo. nfl cowering to the almighty dollar at the expensive of fans already bankrupt from enjoying season tickets.

its doubtful the jets will be affected by any of this though

I agree it sucks, but I'm biased because I love the 1:00 games. I'm at home with my truck unloaded by 6:30. The only game that I see as being a candidate is the Bears game if both teams continue winning...

See for the fact that I am not an old man who needs his warm glass of milk to go to sleep I don't mind tailgating at the end of the night games. Oh well, you just feel a bit ****ty the next day, deal with it. There are only 8 home games in a year. If I can sit at home and watch a game between two teams that are surprises...lets say St. Louis vs. Minnesota week 17...where it is likely that they would be fighting for a wild card spot, I would want to see that rather than some other game that would have been in that spot, probably Seattle at Tampa thinking that before the season that this year was Tampa's year and all.

Sleep in the offseason...watch football when its on

i honestly think the whole thing sucks. im not a season ticket holder but i do like to go to a game or so a year and i would be pissed if the game got changed to a night game. i hate night games on tv as it is, i definitely don't want to go to one.

I agree it sucks, but I'm biased because I love the 1:00 games. I'm at home with my truck unloaded by 6:30. The only game that I see as being a candidate is the Bears game if both teams continue winning...

I think if you're going to the Bears game, be prepared to get home around 2AM. That game is low-hanging fruit in this scheme. By a quirk in the schedule, Bears may play 2 8PM games in the Meadwolands in back-to-back weeks.

From PFT-

November 12: Bears at Giants (FOX); Saints at Steelers (FOX); Chargers at Bengals (CBS); Redskins at Eagles (FOX); Rams at Seahawks (FOX).

November 19: Bears at Jets (FOX); Bengals at Saints (CBS); Colts at Cowboys (CBS).

If I'm going to the game, I like 4Pm. if I'm watching at home, I like 1PM.

See, no matter if the Jets are home at 4 or on the road at 4 I prefer the 4pm game.

There it's more tailgating and at home you can relax for the first game of the day and check out things around the league.

I thought there was a provision whereby CBS and FOX can protect there number 1 games for a specific week and NBC cant move them to SNF

They get to choose either 5 or 6 I believe games in Weeks 10-15, 17 to protect. That doesn't mean 5 or 6 a week. They can basically choose 1 game they want each week BUT they had to make their choices last week whereas NBC has 12 days before the game. It's not fair for CBS or FOX in the least.

They get to choose either 5 or 6 I believe games in Weeks 10-15, 17 to protect. That doesn't mean 5 or 6 a week. They can basically choose 1 game they want each week BUT they had to make their choices last week whereas NBC has 12 days before the game. It's not fair for CBS or FOX in the least.

In New York, im all in favor of it since it gives most of us an opportunity to watch good games on TV (no direct tv)

Since it actaully hasn't happened yet, I will wait to see how it is for this season.

As a season ticket holder, going from 1 to 8pm with 12 days notice is not that big of a deal and the chances of that happening are pretty small on any given year.

As someone who likes to watch good football (although I have Sunday Ticket) it is good for the NFL. Take the best games and bring them forward.

BZ

Archived