OT: Forum Hostility

Dirtywater

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Partiots Fans post here? Why? Don't they have anything better to do somehwere else? What kind of person spends all their free time in another mans backyard?

Why do I have the feeling you were looking at your window at me when you typed that?

All you had to do is say, "she's not home". I would have left. No need to make this whole thing public.

It's 3:30pm....I sent your wife home hrs ago...She didn't have her legs under her so it might have taken her a while to get home but she should be home by now.

DirtyWater : Yeah, it's a funny pic.

Classic actually.

Too bad none of the untalented, unoriginal bastards over at JN made it. They are a bunch of frauds over there.

For real Jet football talk go to theganggreen.com or jetsinsider.

JetNation is about 12 or so 15 year olds, constantly talking smack. think Finheaven's "Depths of the Sea" thread, except that is their only forum.

Sounds like a really swell fella.

Honestly gang, you lost a keeper in DW. He is a good guy. He is not a Tx type poster. But, i think alot assume a non-Jets fan is a troll. I see it everyday. A reported post because a fan of another team is posting anti-Jets. Get over it. Accept those who are of different views. Debate and discuss....

Sounds like a really swell fella.

What did you expect?

By letting some Pats' fans run around here thinking they're "unbannable" and letting them do whatever they want, with absolutely no consequences, he got lumped in with them and chased off by the attacks against him just for being a Pats' fan.

I don't blame him one bit for harboring any resentment over this site. I enjoy his posts on TGG a lot more than the posts of the Pats fans here.

Honestly gang, you lost a keeper in DW. He is a good guy. He is not a Tx type poster. But, i think alot assume a non-Jets fan is a troll. I see it everyday. A reported post because a fan of another team is posting anti-Jets. Get over it. Accept those who are of different views. Debate and discuss....

Heh..Great guy;)

Originally posted by Dirtywater on 11-07-2006 at 05:47 PM

BZ,

You are a classy guy, you know football, and you have wit.

Go, right now, onto JetNation. It is even below Finheaven's "Depths of the Sea" area, and yet it is not even a smack talk section!!!

The place is a joke. Constant threads designed to cause turmoil and petty arguments. Then, they take $hit to heart and start real attacks. It is the stuff of 3rd graders. When I took a step out of that pit, all the posters just turned to jackals and reveled in their ability to run a poster out of town.

Sure it is not all the posters, but the JN henchmen are encouraged by the admins. It is a pathetic forum. Even JI polices itself. TGG runs the best Jets forum in town.

Anyway, nothing against you, but to encourage people to go to a forum where they will be run out of town is a joke.

Heh..Great guy;)

Unfortunately, everything he said in there is the truth. That's the sad part.

I love this site, and I love Sperm's daily news threads, but quite honestly, the inmates are running the asylum here. It shouldn't be that way, but unfortunately, it is.

Once that changes, if that changes, this site can take itself to the next level.

How wrong is he?

BZ

I don't think it's a question of being wrong

I do think if you do not like a place,you should just leave(savage69 for example)..dont start a drama thread where you know what the reaction will be..and continue with the neverending whining..thats the part that I have a problem with

I don't think it's a question of being wrong

I do think if you do not like a place,you should just leave(savage69)..dont start a drama thread where you know what the reaction will be..and continue with the neverending whining..thats the part that I have a problem with

I would have to agree with this Bill- if you want to leave just leave-by the way I am not encouraging anyone to leave jetnation!

How wrong is he?

BZ

The only people encouraged to post here are the Pats trolls, the rest of us didn't get invites here. We came here and then stayed because we liked it.

The guy started the smack talk himself, and when someone responded he threw a hissy fit and ran away. If JN admins were to actually police the site, then people like HIM would be the first to be banned! Since when are trolls allowed on a fan specific message board that actually had admins ban for that type of behavior? What this guy wants isn't a free exchange of ideas, he wants to degrade our team while being completely free of any retaliation.

Look, Gainzo is not a Jets fan, he's a Pats fan. Why do none of us flame him? Because he doesn't do anything that would merit it! If we were really intolerant of other teams, we would try to run the guy out of the mb for the team he roots for. Instead, Gainzo gets less heat than most Jets fans (and deservedly so) because he posts a style that doesn't antagonize others, and therefore, others do not antagonize him. If anything, the real victims are all the Jets fans that tx has run out over the years. They didn't have drama queen exits, so I guess we can't cry over them.

This goes back to the point about TO I've mentioned before. People love defending a guy that's in the wrong but whines and complains about it. People like attacking those that don't do anything wrong and don't get involved in the drama, like McNabb. In this world, it is better to be a whiny douche than to actually be a stand up guy.

Look, Gainzo is not a Jets fan, he's a Pats fan. Why do none of us flame him? Because he doesn't do anything that would merit it!.

please....we treat Gainzo like a red headed step child...but we love him like family...;)

Who have I run off "over the years"?

Off the top of my head? I definitely remember you running off TBJ, but I know there have been quite a few others. You've deprived us of quite a few excellent Jets fans. I haven't gotten you on that since I figure they were too thin skinned, so you really shouldn't get on us for driving away some patsie.

The only people encouraged to post here are the Pats trolls, the rest of us didn't get invites here. We came here and then stayed because we liked it.

The guy started the smack talk himself, and when someone responded he threw a hissy fit and ran away. If JN admins were to actually police the site, then people like HIM would be the first to be banned! Since when are trolls allowed on a fan specific message board that actually had admins ban for that type of behavior? What this guy wants isn't a free exchange of ideas, he wants to degrade our team while being completely free of any retaliation.

Look, Gainzo is not a Jets fan, he's a Pats fan. Why do none of us flame him? Because he doesn't do anything that would merit it! If we were really intolerant of other teams, we would try to run the guy out of the mb for the team he roots for. Instead, Gainzo gets less heat than most Jets fans (and deservedly so) because he posts a style that doesn't antagonize others, and therefore, others do not antagonize him. If anything, the real victims are all the Jets fans that tx has run out over the years. They didn't have drama queen exits, so I guess we can't cry over them.

This goes back to the point about TO I've mentioned before. People love defending a guy that's in the wrong but whines and complains about it. People like attacking those that don't do anything wrong and don't get involved in the drama, like McNabb. In this world, it is better to be a whiny douche than to actually be a stand up guy.

Serph -- I have read your post 10 times. I think I agree with what you are saying. But I am not sure. You should be in Sales. Because although I am not sure I agree I feel like buying something off of you.

Really though -- we don't censor much. We get blasted for it but so be it. Everyone is welcome to post here, we give out a ton of cards at each home game.

A guy like DW blasting us like that is funny though especially since we have Jets fans complaining for the exact opposite reason.

Geez...You make me sound like a wuss!

Archived