How about them KC Chiefs?

BwanaZulia

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/11/05/mmqb/3.html

3. I think Herman Edwards has done a terrific job with the Chiefs. Just terrific. He hasn't always been the best game manager or had the most consistent philosophy. But in coming back from the 45-7 loss at Pittsburgh three weeks ago, Edwards read his team the riot act and changed the way his team approached football. "I was not the Good Humor fairy that week. We were going to be a physical team after Pittsburgh. We were going to have a different philosophy,'' he said over the phone from St. Louis after the Chiefs' third straight victory over a winning team. Watching the Chiefs now, they're the team they were a year ago: the mashers who unleash Larry Johnson ever week, with a quarterback playing a complementary role.

4. I think Herm's got a heck of a tough decision to make at quarterback. Trent Green will be ready to play in two weeks, from the sound of it, against Oakland at home Nov. 19. Damon Huard is 5-2 as Green's replacement. He's completed 65 percent of his passes, with 11 touchdowns and just one interception. Regardless of Herm not wanting Green to lose his job because of injury, I could understand the Chiefs not wanting to change the current chemistry, which is so good right now. As I said on NBC Sunday night, Edwards said Green will be his starter when he comes back, but he also left the door open a little bit and told me: "It'll be my decision, and it'll be a tough decision to make.''

:)

BZ

They're beating bad teams they should beat. But you shouldn't get too excited. Phvck that lying sack o'sheet Herman Edwards. Larry Johnson is averaging 31+ carries the last 3 games.He will be on crutches before too long. And degenerate gambler heaven would give you Coach Jerk Chicken and KC vs. the Pats in Foxboro in the playoffs. In a twisted way, I'd be rooting for the Pats with all my heart and soul to beat the crap out of this fake phony fraud.

This must be BZ's turn to say "I told you so".

:rolleyes:

We all know the drill-

The embarrassing home loss, a win, an embarrassing drubbing on the road, and then 3 wins in a row. We all know the script, BZ. This was a ten win team last year, and I don't think anybody predicted them to do much worse than 8 wins this season. I know that after the drubbing in Pittsburgh people were saying the Chiefs wouldn't win 4 or 5 games, but I know I went on record saying that the Chiefs would rebound.

When the schedule winds down, Herm will need a win, or somebody else in his division to lose, to backdoor into the playoffs. He lucked out three times with this recipe, as the HC of the Jets. Maybe he'll luck out again, but if he doesn't, then he'll finally pay for his signature slow start.

Give Herm credit for what???

He has been more hands off than hands on..he has not reeled Huard in like he did with Bollinger..

I think you want everybody to give Herm kudos for doing nothing..right??

Hermpes has a knack for stepping in sht.

Huard '06 = Pennington '02

We know it won't last. There is only so much one player can do to make a moron like Herm look like he knows what he's doing.

this is hilarious,, they are saying that he took a good team, made it his own, they sucked, he changed it back to the way they were under vermeil,,

jet fans saw this every year,, oooops, we better change cause it aint workin,, he will miss playoffs by a game or eek in with a road wildcard game,, same ole herm

Give the ball to Larry Johnson, it aint that hard.

Unfortunately for us, Herm thought Curtis Martin was as good as Larry Johnson.

Curtis Martin is a first ballot HOFer

Larry Johnson is a guy who's had half of a great season in 2005 and half of a great season in 2006

Archived