D1 College Football

Gainzo

I agree, the top eight teams should have a playoff. I think that's the best way to solve who's best. The best team will be able to win all the extra games.

I know that we aren't the only ones who want this to happen. The problem is the Bowl games and the money that goes to the schools.

Don't even get me going on Notre Dame who has a TV deal with a Network.

That is wrong on so many levels, yet the NCAA says it's OK.

One thing they can do is not release any polls untill 5 games into the season. That would make sure that the starting polls (which play a big role in who gets a big bump in the BCS standing) are based on somthing and are not just projections.

Great point. I never thought about that.

I know that we aren't the only ones who want this to happen. The problem is the Bowl games and the money that goes to the schools.

Don't even get me going on Notre Dame who has a TV deal with a Network.

That is wrong on so many levels, yet the NCAA says it's OK.

How is it wrong? Don't conferences get TV deals like the SEC on CBS and ACC on ABC/ESPN. I don't see why it's a big deal that an Independent school like the Irish can't have a tv deal.

How is it wrong? Don't conferences get TV deals like the SEC on CBS and ACC on ABC/ESPN. I don't see why it's a big deal that an Independent school like the Irish can't have a tv deal.

I'm going to guess you are an ND fan.

I don't even want to support the conferences, but........they split the money between all of the teams not just one.

The worst thing about the NBC/Notre Dame contract is most of the ND home games suck arse.

ND has joined the Big East in every sport but football. I wonder why?

ND has joined the Big East in every sport but football. I wonder why?

Because they want a chance at the national championship game! The way it is now, a team in the Big East doesn't have a chance of making the National Championship because there's only three good teams. That's why I'm in favor of playoffs.

PS: I'm a Notre Dame fan.

Because they want a chance at the national championship game! The way it is now, a team in the Big East doesn't have a chance of making the National Championship because there's only three good teams. That's why I'm in favor of playoffs.

PS: I'm a Notre Dame fan.

ND is ND man if they were in the big east and they are good enough to play in the national championship game they would be in the game. The reason they arn't in the big east is because they won't want to share their TV money.

ND is ND man if they were in the big east and they are good enough to play in the national championship game they would be in the game. The reason they arn't in the big east is because they won't want to share their TV money.

You summed everything that is wrong in College Football with that post. There are the haves and the have nots. Simple as that.

Gainzo,

That was totally uncalled for.

First of all, many JN posters are Rutgers fans/students/alumni and you have to respect their passion around their team.

So what if Rutgers had a very difficult past when it came to the football program.

Look what they have done this year!

Your hypocrasy is pretty bad as well. How have the Patriots performed prior to 2001?

My suggestion to you would be to go take a good, long look in the mirror.

Please be a little more sensitive when you post in the future.

You just owned me.

I will now walk away and sulk about the beating I just received.

Were the Patriots in the NFL before 2001? I jumped on the bandwagon when the refs and NFL wanted the Pats to win the Super Bowl that year.

The answer is very simple.

Money, Money, Money

There is too much money involved with the Bowls to ever have them change to a playoff system.

That is just the way it is.

Would say a 4 or 8 team playoff be better ?

Probably

It won't though rake in the cash that the Bowl games would.

Rutgers could go unbeaten and not go to the BCS title game. Well next time they won't be scheduling teams like Howard or Buffalo.

Strength of schedule HAS to mean something.

The win was great. It has set Rutgers up for a very bright future. Hey if they get to play in a Major BCS Bowl game that would be such an amazing accomplishment for them it is almost unfathomable.

If a Florida goes through the SEC and wins the SEC and wins the SEC title game or USC goes through Oregon, Notre Dame or if Texas or Arkansas wins out they would deserve to be there even though they did lose a game based on their schedule.

The one thing I do not want to see is an Ohio State-Michigan rematch. Losing this late in the season should knock you out.

Money, Money, Money

There is too much money involved with the Bowls to ever have them change to a playoff system.

Probably

Rutgers could go unbeaten and not go to the BCS title game. Well next time they won't be scheduling teams like Howard or Buffalo.

The win was great. It has set Rutgers up for a very bright future. Hey if they get to play in a Major BCS Bowl game that would be such an amazing accomplishment for them it is almost unfathomable.

If a Florida goes through the SEC and wins the SEC and wins the SEC title game or USC goes through Oregon, Notre Dame or if Texas or Arkansas wins out they would deserve to be there even though they did lose a game based on their schedule.

The one thing I do not want to see is an Ohio State-Michigan rematch. Losing this late in the season should knock you out.

Outstanding post.

You really nailed it.

Money, Money, Money

Probably

The scheduling is bull**** too, though. Lousiville asked every single team in the SEC for a home and home and every one of them declined.

Every school has cupcakes on their schedule. Michigan was freakin playing Ball St in November.

Money, Money, Money

Probably

Very good points. But..............Is Florida or ND or Arkansas or Auburn or USC that good?

I must admit that I am an SEC hater. The football played by those teams puts me to sleep.

Very good points. But..............Is Florida or ND or Arkansas or Auburn or USC that good?

I must admit that I am an SEC hater. The football played by those teams puts me to sleep.

USC's last 4 games are against the following

Oregon

Cal

Notre Dame

UCLA

If SC gets through those four games they will have wins against Arkansas, Notre Dame, Cal, Nebraska. All big wins.

Now you may not like the SEC but the conference is loaded.

LSU

Alabama

Arkansas

Florida

Georgia

Tennessee

Auburn

Florida should they win out would have wins over the following

Tennessee

Alabama

LSU

Georgia

Florida St.

whoevery they face in the SEC title game (Arkansas)

Those are hard to overlook.

Florida lost by 10 to Auburn and USC lost by 3 to Oregon St.

Archived