Jets claim Texans DB

SoFlaJets

By Dan Leberfeld

Posted Nov 23, 2006

The Jets claimed Houston Texans safety Guss Scott on waivers.

The timing of this decision is intriguing.

Not only do the Jets get a defensive back that Eric Mangini liked from his time in New England (Scott was a Patriots draft pick), but they can pick his brain about the Texans, who the Jets play on Sunday.

Scott obviously knows a great deal about the Texans defensive playbook, especially their secondary. He can help the Jets exploit weaknesses.

Also, he faced the Texans offensive every day in practice, so he knows a great deal about that playbook as well.

This could turn into a real smart decision by Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum.

That lost roster spot has become a revolving door. But it is smart. If McClover is being honest about the onside kick last week (he said he knew it was coming because Rhodes lined up on a different side) then there is a lot of merit to having someone with so much knowledge of the other team.

THEY FINNALY SIGNED 53

BACK TO 8 INACTIVES

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

WELCOME TO THE JETS GUSS SCOTT

in news here are his stats from this season

He appeared in five games and had 12 tackles this season.

man about time they got 61 people back on the team

lol i was excited when i heard eric announce it today

i don't know why i am so happy lmao

hopefully this guy is good that is why we waited so long to sign 53

Sweet. Good deal. Not only can he help out this week but if he's a Mangini favorite he may be sticking around for a while... don't know if I'm too thrilled about yet another safety though.

Kerry Rhodes

Erik Coleman

Rashad Washington

Eric Smith

Gus Scott

Eh... well I guess 5 is good.

just to add to my post

weird that he was on the texans BUT he will probaly be inactive this week because if they only signed him today he will only have 3 days to learn the system.probaly not enough time

aNYone know what round of the draft he was taken in?

just found it 2004 3rd round (95th overall

just to add to my post

weird that he was on the texans BUT he will probaly be inactive this week because if they only signed him today he will only have 3 days to learn the system.probaly not enough time

hmmm 95th overall pick? I wonder who were the DBs picked before him in that draft-there couldn't have been too many

Pro Career

2005: Placed on Injured Reserve on Oct. 19, 2005 ... Saw action in his first career NFL contest against the Raiders (9/8/05) ... Made his first career NFL start at safety against San Diego (10/02/05).

Selected by the New England Patriots in the third round (95th overall) of the 2004 NFL draft.

College Career

The most experienced player on the team with 3,427 plays to his credit

hmmm 95th overall pick? I wonder who were the DBs picked before him in that draft-there couldn't have been too many

Sean Taylor

Bob Sanders

Michael Boulware

Madieu Williams

Sean Jones

Will Allen went after Scott....

just to add to my post

Might see him on ST's

Archived