Junior Seau is out for the season

L.I.MikeBleedsGreen

he has major damage to his right hand. With this injury to a pastie LB does this help the jets or hurt us ?

there's a part of my reptilian brain that says good-but I'm trying to suppress it--it don't always work.I just saw Seau as a front-runner trying to glom onto a SB ring possibility-2 days after he was all over TV and radio with this elaborate retirement speech

there's a part of my reptilian brain that says good-but I'm trying to suppress it--it don't always work.I just saw Seau as a front-runner trying to glom onto a SB ring possibility-2 days after he was all over TV and radio with this elaborate retirement speech

Seau has been a very pleasant surprise this year. His play had been very consistent and he has done much better than I would have thought given his age.

His loss will definitely weaken the Pats LB corps.

Seau has been a very pleasant surprise this year. His play had been very consistent and he has done much better than I would have thought given his age.

hey tx, who replaces seau ? the reason for my question is I was wondering if they are going to put in a younger stud to replace him, If so I think a younger guy hurts us but for the pats it doesn't b/c of experience

hey tx, who replaces seau ? the reason for my question is I was wondering if they are going to put in a younger stud to replace him, If so I think a younger guy hurts us but for the pats it doesn't b/c of experience

Garb told us yesterday Banta-Cain

I suspect they will move Vrable inside, Put Banta-Cain outside and spell him with Don Davis. Unless the powers that be decide to do more 4-3, which I think would be a great idea until Rodney Harrison comes back (should be another 2-3 weeks). Yes, Rodney the strong saftey, is quite good at run d support and the "middle" of the defense should feed off his leadership and intensity.

I suspect they will move Vrable inside, Put Banta-Cain outside and spell him with Don Davis. Unless the powers that be decide to do more 4-3, which I think would be a great idea until Rodney Harrison comes back (should be another 2-3 weeks). Yes, Rodney the strong saftey, is quite good at run d support and the "middle" of the defense should feed off his leadership and intensity.

at least during rodneys injury time he can watch kerry rhodes each week so he can see how its s'posed to be done :)

Karma is a bitch. Should have stayed retired.

I don't know if karma had anything to do with it as much as old (football) age. This makes it the third consecutive year his season ended with an injury. It's gonna make it real hard for anybody to want him back for another go round. Which means we're gonna have to endure another acceptance speech in the not-too-distant future

**** Junior Seau.

People talk about Brett Favre holding on too long. Junior Seau should be the current poster child for that. Jerry Rice, of course, is known as the God of Holding On Too Long in Greek mythology.

I think there's going to be a lot of Jets fans HAPPY that Farve DIDN'T retire-again after this Sunday's game

**** Junior Seau.

People talk about Brett Favre holding on too long. Junior Seau should be the current poster child for that. Jerry Rice, of course, is known as the God of Holding On Too Long in Greek mythology.

Dude, have you even watched Seau play this year?

Of course he hasn't played at his previous All Pro level, but the guy has been very consistent and has made great contributions to the Pats defense.

Of course he hasn't played at his previous All Pro level, but the guy has been very consistent and has made great contributions to the Pats defense.

yea he was doing a good job-but was helped greatly by who was playing around him more so with the Pats than anyone he's played with before

Yes, I've watched him play several times this year.

I also watched Randall Gay in 2004. And I watched an over-the-hill Roman Phifer and O-T-I-S Smith win championships with the Pats. Hell, I've been watching Tom Brady for the past 6 years.

Bottom line is that Beli's system can make below-average players look like stars.

Yes, I've watched him play several times this year.

I also watched Randall Gay in 2004. And I watched an over-the-hill Roman Phifer and O-T-I-S Smith win championships with the Pats. Hell, I've been watching Tom Brady for the past 6 years.

Bottom line is that Beli's system can make below-average players look like stars.

Then why did you say that Seau should have retired?

Then why did you say that Seau should have retired?

Because he had a huge ceremony announcing his retirement and then was back in the league 2 days later. He basically pissed all over the Chargers organization after being the face of the franchise for over a decade.

He was having his best season in years because of the system he was playing in. I'm sure Chargers fans will agree with my assessment that he more or less "got what he deserved". And so will Willie McGinnest.

Because he had a huge ceremony announcing his retirement and then was back in the league 2 days later. He basically pissed all over the Chargers organization after being the face of the franchise for over a decade.

He was having his best season in years because of the system he was playing in. I'm sure Chargers fans will agree with my assessment that he more or less "got what he deserved". And so will Willie McGinnest.

So you don't think that Seau wanting an opportunity to get a ring is worth his "loyalty" to the Chargers organization?

Come on, there is no such thing as loyalty in the NFL.

The one thing that shouldnt be a suprise is that he's ending the year on the bench. Belicheck should have know better than to sign him.

BB knows alot of things, however, I don't believe he knew Seau would break his arm when he signed him.

Bicep, pectorial, knee, whatever. Seau is too old to stay healthy for an entire season. He never finished 16 games with the Dolphins, why would that change now. The last time he played 16 games in a year was 2001. Belichick should have known better.

Bicep, pectorial, knee, whatever. Seau is too old to stay healthy for an entire season. He never finished 16 games with the Dolphins, why would that change now. The last time he played 16 games in a year was 2001. Belichick should have known better.

The way I look at it is BB got 11 good games out of him this year.

He came at a very small price.

If you told me at the beginning of the season that the Pats would get 11 good games out of Seau, I would have said you were nuts.

The way I look at it is BB got 11 good games out of him this year.

He came at a very small price.

If you told me at the beginning of the season that the Pats would get 11 good games out of Seau, I would have said you were nuts.

gee tx, switch pats with jets & seau with chad & it quickly becomes another typical response.

so thats how you work the post counts...keep a list of responses & just change a couple names...thats pretty cool & you don't run the risk of karpotunnell :)

gee tx, switch pats with jets & seau with chad & it quickly becomes another typical response.

so thats how you work the post counts...keep a list of responses & just change a couple names...thats pretty cool & you don't run the risk of karpotunnell :)

Ouch. Your gonna want some calamine lotion for that burn.

Are you kidding me joewilly?

How the hell can you even begin to compare the two situations?

The Pats took a flyer on a 37-year old player who was in retirement and paid him the vet minimum.

PennyBoy was given a $64 mil contract and was suppose to be the Jets franchise QB.

How the hell can you compare the two situations?:eek:

You are comparing what was supposed to be a "serviceable" aging vet to someone who is supposed to be a "franchise" QB?

Jets fans.....:rolleyes:

Are you kidding me joewilly?

How the hell can you even begin to compare the two situations?

The Pats took a flyer on a 37-year old player who was in retirement and paid him the vet minimum.

PennyBoy was given a $64 mil contract and was suppose to be the Jets franchise QB.

How the hell can you compare the two situations?:eek:

Yeah tx ,but the pats keep doing it!!! They have Vinny now don't they:eek: belli should have known better right?

I laughed when they signed him. I thought he was done. He has played much better than I thought he would. It definitely hurts them. But Troy Brown will be up to speed in 2 or 3 weeks so for the long term they are fine.

Archived