The "Nugent kicked a what?!?!?!" Edition of Post of the Week - November 29th, 2006

GreenBeans

Welcome to the "Nugent kicked a what?!?!?!" Edition of Post of the Week for November 29th, 2006. Great game this past weekend, huh folks? Nice to see the team play well in all three phases of the game. Shoot, even McCareins played well on Special Teams.

I think this Mangini fellow is on to something good - and I'm never a very positive, optimistic soul. It's refreshing to enjoy watching the Jets play ball again. Oh, and nice kick, Mikey!

This week's gems (and there were a few) were:

-----

Originally Posted by onemanswarm

4. New England Patriots (8-3): A satisfying win over Chicago, but what

no disrespect to LJ or any other nominees, but I'm baffled as to how this wasn't Post Of The Year

Originally Posted by Max

Tx,

Maybe it is just me. But I don't think it is. Your act is getting old and stale. We would all be better served if you just acted like a man and admitted the Jets are doing well. Think about it. This thread is about Mangini and how well he has done. You know he has done a great job. Either post about that or walk away from the thread.

What is your purpose? You always said that Jets fans think too highly of their team. And I always had the impression that you feel it is your job to beat reality into them.

BUT -- that is not happening here. The Jets are 6 and 5 and nobody is posting that the Jets are going to the Super Bowl. People are posting that if things break right, the Jets might have a chance at the playoffs. People are debating whether Chad should be benched or not so that this team has a better shot at taking it to the next level.

Seems like a pretty reasonable group of Jets fans to me. In fact the Jets just beat the Pats so your little insults really seem juvenille if anything else. BZ started a thread about it a few weeks ago. Many posters have left over this very topic.

Just post football. I think you will be surprised with the results.

WTF?

Not only do I get completely bashed in all of the above, I also assisted on the POTW winner???????

Hell Beans, my favorite new read is the Shower Rankings, not this redundant garbage.

At least the Shower Rankings are objective, funny and non-discriminatory.;)

I agree completely - the Shower Rankings kick POTW's a$$, but no one wins the Shower Rankings. ;)

which means that YOU couldnt have possibly written them.

This should get good. :)

Congrats, LJ. You da girl, but you already knew that.

Happy Anniversary, Beans!

She is indeed. Thanks for the good wishes!

no disrespect to LJ or any other nominees, but I'm baffled as to how this wasn't Post Of The Year

Originally Posted by Max

Tx,

Maybe it is just me. But I don't think it is. Your act is getting old and stale. We would all be better served if you just acted like a man and admitted the Jets are doing well. Think about it. This thread is about Mangini and how well he has done. You know he has done a great job. Either post about that or walk away from the thread.

What is your purpose? You always said that Jets fans think too highly of their team. And I always had the impression that you feel it is your job to beat reality into them.

BUT -- that is not happening here. The Jets are 6 and 5 and nobody is posting that the Jets are going to the Super Bowl. People are posting that if things break right, the Jets might have a chance at the playoffs. People are debating whether Chad should be benched or not so that this team has a better shot at taking it to the next level.

Seems like a pretty reasonable group of Jets fans to me. In fact the Jets just beat the Pats so your little insults really seem juvenille if anything else. BZ started a thread about it a few weeks ago. Many posters have left over this very topic.

I think it was because GB established a rule where posters will not be considered for POTY if they are posting under the influence of a foreign substance. That substance being estrogen.

Originally Posted by Max

Tx,

It was the post of the year, but it wont help.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/misc.php?do=topposters

:yahoo:

Wow! There was some really funny stuff this week. I'm honored, but I just don't feel worthy.

But thank you, and thanks for the nom SJ. ;) Oh, and I guess you too, TX. (ha)

BTW, can Beans notes be nominated? Loved the Sister Mary Max lines. :)

LJ - you are certainly worthy - congrats on your win!

As far as nominations for me - sure, I'll post'em but I'm not funny enough to ever win. Just ask TX, Alk, and PFSIKH. ;)

Originally Posted by Max

Tx,

I agree. This was a classic.

Archived