Talentless ?

nj meadowlands

I've been thinking about this for a few days

That clown TX had some Marriotti quote in his sig about the jets being a "talentless team playing way over their heads"

But pardon me if I'm wrong

Laveranues Coles

Jonathan Vilma

Shaun Ellis

Kerry Rhodes

Pete Kendall

Chad Pennington

Jerricho Cotchery

Eric Barton

Nick Mangold

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Andre Dyson

Victor Hobson

Dewayne Robertson

None of these guys have talent? Where's this Patriot plethora of talent I've been hearing so much about? Outside of Brady, Maroney, Seymour, Samuel, and injured Harrison, I'm having trouble seeing it.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That clown TX had some Marriotti quote in his sig about the jets being a "talentless team playing way over their heads"

Laveranues Coles

Jonathan Vilma

Shaun Ellis

Kerry Rhodes

Pete Kendall

Chad Pennington

Jerricho Cotchery

Eric Barton

Nick Mangold

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Andre Dyson

Victor Hobson

Dewayne Robertson

None of these guys have talent? Where's this Patriot plethora of talent I've been hearing so much about? Outside of Brady, Maroney, Seymour, Samuel, and injured Harrison, I'm having trouble seeing it.

Are you for real with that list? Wow.

Laveranues Coles

Jonathan Vilma

Shaun Ellis

Kerry Rhodes

Jerricho Cotchery

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Leon Washington

Erik "The Great" Coleman

thats a better list

Are you going to engage in meaningful football discussion or are you going to rip a page from TX's book and post childish Patriot slanted crap? :box:

What is your definition of talent? Obviously, your expectations aren't too hard to meet. You would make any of the guys here a great girlfriend.

I've tweaked your list a bit:

Laveranues Coles (tough one - compared to other WR's - he's kind of a JAG. But for the Jets, he's the man.)

Jonathan Vilma

Kerry Rhodes

Nick Mangold

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Bold indicates: show good potential/tbd

What is your definition of talent? Obviously, your expectations aren't too hard to meet. You would make any of the guys here a great girlfriend.

Laveranues Coles (tough one - compared to other WR's - he's kind of a JAG. But for the Jets, he's the man.)

Jonathan Vilma

Kerry Rhodes

Nick Mangold

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

If that's your standard, YOUR football team's "talent" extends no farther than the names I just listed. I guess the Garb philosophy is that less than 1/10th of an active roster at any given time is talented. ;-)

You left Jerricho Cotchery and Eric Barton out of the discussion, who are probably better at their respective positions than anyone on the Patriots' active roster. That's all I'm sayin.

Jonathan Vilma

Kerry Rhodes

Nick Mangold

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Do you watch Jet games?

Do you watch Cotchery?

Jonathan Vilma

Kerry Rhodes

Nick Mangold

D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Cotch and Thomas both belong on that list.

...and you all call Pats fans homers.:rolleyes:

To me, (and it's subjective), "talent" means that players would still be key, or impact, players for OTHER teams. That the "talent" transcends "scheme."

Example: David Givens was a key, and impact, player for the Pats. Following a homer Jets fans line or reasoning, if this were a list drawn up for the Pats last year, David Givens would be on that list. However, how has Givens fared in Houston (BEFORE being placed on IR?) Yup - zero impact; certainly not a key player.

A JAG?

WOW, I guess that means the Pats are loaded with JAGS...

Anyone who listens to Jay Homer Mariotti is a fool. I've watched Around The Horn almost like it's a religion since the day it started when the 4 panalists didn't freakin' change every damn day and since Day 1 Homer Mariotti has been a fool. He has no idea of what he's talking about unless it has to do with the Bears, Cubs, White Sox or Bulls and it shows each and every week.

There is loads of talent on this team. Laveranues Coles, Jerricho Cotchery, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold, Shaun Ellis, Jonathan Vilma, Kerry Rhodes, etc.

...and you all call Pats fans homers.:rolleyes:

To me, (and it's subjective), "talent" means that players would still be key, or impact, players for OTHER teams. That the "talent" transcends "scheme."

Example: David Givens was a key, and impact, player for the Pats. Following a homer Jets fans line or reasoning, if this were a list drawn up for the Pats last year, David Givens would be on that list. However, how has Givens fared in Houston (BEFORE being placed on IR?) Yup - zero impact; certainly not a key player.

That arguement is completely skewed.

He might have been an impact player if he hadn't gotten hurt, and wasn't adjusting to the ever erratci Vince Young.

A JAG?

WOW, I guess that means the Pats are loaded with JAGS...

Take off the green glasses, dude.

Yes, the Pats (d-line excluded and a few other key, impact players) are full of JAGS. They fit the scheme, they fit the philosophy, they have football smarts and a decent level of "talent." JAGS.

If you think LC is a JAG then just wow Garb, wow.

He's done it here and he's done it in Washington, 2 completely different offensive styles. He is a Pro Bowl receiver and a very good TALENTED player. If we needed him too he could be the RB, PR, KR and hell, he could throw it too... I'm even positive he could pull a Troy Brown and play Nickel in a pinch.

Take off the green glasses, dude.

Yes, the Pats (d-line excluded and a few other key, impact players) are full of JAGS. They fit the scheme, they fit the philosophy, they have football smarts and a decent level of "talent." JAGS.

Just put up the white flag Garb, your talking to Jets fans.

They think they have 10 players worthy of a trip to Hawaii.

Pretty funny that they have a mediocre 6-5 record with all that "talent".

Yah, you're right. Why bother trying to make sense with monkeys than have none.

Yah, you're right. Why bother trying to make sense with monkeys than have none.

Nice going garb.. Insult every Jets fan that posts on a Jets board..;)

I guess old age does make a person real bitter.

And, TX, I am sure there is some real "intelligent" threads waiting for your in depth analysis at all those Pats Boards you have 13000 posts on.

And, if a team is 6-5 and you say that must mean they have no talent, I suggest you post that on any Bengals, Jaguars, Panthers, or Giants board.

Nice going garb.. Insult every Jets fan that posts on a Jets board..;)

I guess old age does make a person real bitter.

And, TX, I am sure there is some real "intelligent" threads waiting for your in depth analysis at all those Pats Boards you have 13000 posts on.

And, if a team is 6-5 and you say that must mean they have no talent, I suggest you post that on any Bengals, Jaguars, Panthers, or Giants board.

The Monkey reference is an on-going "joke" I have going on with Jetophile. Guess we ladies have a sense of humor. Find yours, would yah! :P

I stand by my opinion on the Jest talent. As stated, it's subjective.

'Want my Pats talent list?

No????;)

The Monkey reference is an on-going "joke" I have going on with Jetophile. Guess we ladies have a sense of humor. Find yours, would yah! :P

No????;)

You pretty much lost your credibility when you called LC a "JAG"

Pretty funny.

BTW TX, the Jets could feasibly send 3 to Honolulu. How many will the Past send?

No????;)

Nice spin...However the Sock Monkey is way different than your intended insult. Please direct me to where jeto posted in this thread...

Nice spin...However the Sock Monkey is way different than your intended insult. Please direct me to where jeto posted in this thread...

She hasn't - YET. My guess is that she actually has a life. Lucky girl. LOL!

Sock Monkey - monkey - whatever.

If you want to know the truth, I think most members here can't be objective. That would include Pats fans. Not me though ;)

Here are the Pro Bowl players from the Pats and Jets:

Tom Brady

Richard Seymour

Lav Coles

Justin Miller (KR)

Eric Rhodes (unless he really gets screwed by John Lynch or Ed Reed)

Ty Warren is having a pro-bowl caliber year. Too bad no one notices.

Rhodes SHOULD be a lock.....but the pro-bowl is more a popularity contest than anything else.

Archived