Talentless ?

nj meadowlands

Who are you to judge how good a team is. We're on a roll, 4 game win streak. What kind of streak are the Jets on, a 1 game streak.

Buffalo is gonna play tough, they'll most likely beat you.

Christmas is a loss for the Jets, write that down.

And the week 17 upset, Oakland over N.Y. 33-13

Did you just judge how good the Jets are?

stop contradicting yourself..

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tx, if you're going to be talking about the history of teams, you really have to start including the entire history of the franchises. You only seem to want to count the SB wins of the Pats and discount all of their miserable seasons. They've been around a lot longer than the last 5 or 6 years.

True.

Up until the 2001 season, the Patriots were a bad team, but they were not utterly pathetic like the Jets. The Jets had one shining momenet and have been non-existent the other 46 years.

While up until 2001, they had similar records, the Patriots had shown the ability to get to the Superbowl/AFL Championship game. Granted, it was to be another teams pawn in route to their championship, but the organization as a whole showed they can get to the championship game. It was only a matter of when, not if.

The Jets are different. You would want to think they are a "when" team but reality is 'if' they can even reach the championship. Short of one season breaking exactly right, they would be an oh-fer their entire history.

You are delusional. How is this not pathetic?

• 1975 3 11 0 5th
  • 1974 7 7 0 3rd
  • 1973 5 9 0 3rd
  • 1972 3 11 0 5th
  • 1971 6 8 0 3rd
  • 1970 2 12 0 5th
  • 1969 4 10 0 3rd
  • 1968 4 10 0 4th
  • 1967 3 10 1 5th
  • 1966 8 4 2 2nd
  • 1965 4 8 2 5th

• 1982 5 4 0 7th
  • 1981 2 14 0 5th
  • 1993 5 11 0 4th
  • 1992 2 14 0 5th
  • 1991 6 10 0 4th
  • 1990 1 15 0 5th
  • 1989 5 11 0 4th

338 wins 345 loses

Don't act like people expectrd the Pats to be in the mix of things all the time before 2001..More than half of New England could give 2 sh!ts about the Pats before than.

You are delusional. How is this not pathetic?

• 1975 3 11 0 5th
  • 1974 7 7 0 3rd
  • 1973 5 9 0 3rd
  • 1972 3 11 0 5th
  • 1971 6 8 0 3rd
  • 1970 2 12 0 5th
  • 1969 4 10 0 3rd
  • 1968 4 10 0 4th
  • 1967 3 10 1 5th
  • 1966 8 4 2 2nd
  • 1965 4 8 2 5th

• 1982 5 4 0 7th
  • 1981 2 14 0 5th
  • 1993 5 11 0 4th
  • 1992 2 14 0 5th
  • 1991 6 10 0 4th
  • 1990 1 15 0 5th
  • 1989 5 11 0 4th

338 wins 345 loses

Don't act like people expectrd the Pats to be in the mix of things all the time before 2001..More than half of New England could give 2 sh!ts about the Pats before than.

GreenMachine,

Nice cherry-picking the season's you want to use to try and make your point.;)

BTW Greenie, did you know the Pats have won more playoff games in the last 4 years than the Jets have won in their entire 47-year existance?;)

So we should only judge the Pats over the last 4 years, but the Jets for 46 years?

Thanks for prooving all Pats fans are bandwagon fans.

So we should only judge the Pats over the last 4 years, but the Jets for 46 years?

How good were the Steelers before winning a Superbowl? They were perrennial doormats. They had never won a playoff game. The Jets' pathetic history would have been a step-up for them. Even to this day, after all that great history they are around 20 games over .500.

I ask the same question of the Niners? Until Walsh and Montana arrived, they had only two playoff wins in 30+ years.

The Patriots are not the Cowboys or Niners by any stretch. However, they have not been as bad as the Jets either. They cracked .500 this year for the first time in 40 years.

The bottonline is this: Patriots > Jets

How good were the Steelers before winning a Superbowl? They were perrennial doormats. They had never won a playoff game. The Jets' pathetic history would have been a step-up for them. Even to this day, after all that great history they are around 20 games over .500.

I ask the same question of the Niners? Until Walsh and Montana arrived, they had only two playoff wins in 30+ years.

The Patriots are not the Cowboys or Niners by any stretch. However, they have not been as bad as the Jets either. They cracked .500 this year for the first time in 40 years.

The bottonline is this: Patriots > Jets

Whatever helps you sleep at night...

Hey Kansas, here's a stat for you....

48-45-1

Amazing ain't it?

That such a pathetic team can hold a winning record over a not as pathetic team? ;)

I like LJ. She stops by at night. Checks in. Slaps a few people around and then signs off.

I like LJ. She stops by at night. Checks in. Slaps a few people around and then signs off.

Thst was not a slap. It was an outright beatdown.

Biggs

What? Oh another Joe saved the AFL. :rolleyes: The TV contract the AFL signed that allowed the Jets to sign Joe to the richest contract is what saved the AFL.

Thst was not a slap. It was an outright beatdown.

Biggs

What? Oh another Joe saved the AFL. :rolleyes: The TV contract the AFL signed that allowed the Jets to sign Joe to the richest contract is what saved the AFL.

Joe was a big reason why that contract was signed in the first place. After drafting Snell and moving to Shea the season before, the Jets were outdrawing some NFL teams. With a guy with Namaths potential and persona, things were only going to get better for the AFL. The AFL couldn't be ignored anymore and it was Namath who showed the rest of the country that a team from the AFL could hang with a team from the NFL.

Joe was a big reason why that contract was signed in the first place. After drafting Snell and moving to Shea the season before, the Jets were outdrawing some NFL teams. With a guy with Namaths potential and persona, things were only going to get better for the AFL. The AFL couldn't be ignored anymore and it was Namath who showed the rest of the country that a team from the AFL could hang with a team from the NFL.

No, it was not.

The TV contract was signed January 29th, 1964.

Joe was signed January 2nd, 1965.

I agree with your last part, but Joe did not help them secure it. He was just an added benefit.

Still nothing from GARB after his idiotic comment on Coles?

Someone call me? :)

I stand by my statement. To me, Coles = Branch, almost. A good receiver who's fanbase makes him out to be Gawd. There are several receivers I'd rather have than those two - none of which are on the Pats (and by far). The state of the Pats Wide outs is so mediocre or less, I pine for Deion Branch. If I could click my witch shoes and make him magically appear on the field turf today, I would. I would. There's no place like Gillette. There's no place like Gillette. Ooops - that was Dorothy.....my bad.

Someone call me? :)

I stand by my statement. To me, Coles = Branch, almost. A good receiver who's fanbase makes him out to be Gawd. There are several receivers I'd rather have than those two - none of which are on the Pats (and by far). The state of the Pats Wide outs is so mediocre or less, I pine for Deion Branch. If I could click my witch shoes and make him magically appear on the field turf today, I would. I would. There's no place like Gillette. There's no place like Gillette. Ooops - that was Dorothy.....my bad.

Reche has not been bad lately. He actually might be a capable replacmeent for Branch.

I wonder if Gabriel is out of the doghouse?

Archived