Around The Horn crew (including Tx's boy Mariotti) predict Jets in playoffs

I know what I want for Christmas! I want a Pats/Jets playoff game at Gillette. Oh please, Santa! Please!!!!

Garb,

Oh Garb. The playoffs don't start until January. No way Santa can bring that for you on the 25th. Even if you weren't on the naughty list.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Garb,

Oh Garb. The playoffs don't start until January. No way Santa can bring that for you on the 25th. Even if you weren't on the naughty list.

oh crap. garb is in for another barrage of posts from otherjoe now that it's been tabled she's on the naughty list ;)

Hell, with the Jets schedule this year, any Pop Warner team could have made the playoffs.

2001 New England Patriots SOS = .492

Similar situation in which the Pats came off a terrible 5-11 record to secure an easy schedule and progress through the playoffs. So Pats fans, don't tell me that your team hasn't been helped by easy strength of schedule.

2001 New England Patriots SOS = .492

Similar situation in which the Pats came off a terrible 5-11 record to secure an easy schedule and progress through the playoffs. So Pats fans, don't tell me that your team hasn't been helped by easy strength of schedule.

That number is kind of skewed by Carolina going 1-15.

It was a good year for the AFCE in 2001. The Pats, Jets & Dolphins all made the playoffs.

Believe it or not its alot of hard work.

Its for the kids man, you should be happy there are coaches who put in the time to do what we do for the kids and keep them out of trouble.

I coached a few years pop warber myself. In fact we won the championship. It was a blast. I really didn't consider it hard work because I was having fun. But I know what you mean. Having said that, coaching pop warner in no way gave me an edge on what an NFL team must do to prepare for an upcoming opponent. Nothing even close.

Believe it or not its alot of hard work.

Its for the kids man, you should be happy there are coaches who put in the time to do what we do for the kids and keep them out of trouble.

A-f@cking-men!

Btw, let me know if you need any volunteers. I've been looking to get involved again. My bro and I have been trying to restart my old pop warner team in Brooklyn but haven't come close to getting the necessary funding and making it happen.

$400 for a nose-bleed is ridiculous and that is a very conservative estimate. I suspect the 100 sections will go for $1,200+, the 200's- $800 or so. Add the forty dollar playoff game parking charge, the $8.00+ per beer, and quite frankly, sitting in front of a plasma sounds like a pretty good alternative. Plus, we don't want no stinkin' Jets fans at Gillette! :P

Still, how cool would it be? Pats/Jets for all the marbles. Snow coming down all game long. That's my Christmas wish.

They won't cost that much (then again, Ihaven't been to a playoff game in a while, ouch).

If face value averages about $150 then playoff tickets will be available online for about $300-$1000 depending on how good you want your seat to be. Heinz field 2 years ago wanted $260 for endzone seats, now I realize gillete is a little more expensive than heinz but come on. Endzone seats are probably the least expensive first level seats and I would try and score those.

They won't cost that much (then again, Ihaven't been to a playoff game in a while, ouch).

If face value averages about $150 then playoff tickets will be available online for about $300-$1000 depending on how good you want your seat to be. Heinz field 2 years ago wanted $260 for endzone seats, now I realize gillete is a little more expensive than heinz but come on. Endzone seats are probably the least expensive first level seats and I would try and score those.

Keep in mind that at Gillette there are only lower level endzone seats and the diehard season ticket holders sit there as they did back in the day at the old stadium.

Now that I think about it, that is a weird quirk. Are the Pats the only team that have a stadium without at least one endzone having multiple levels of seating?

Keep in mind that at Gillette there are only lower level endzone seats and the diehard season ticket holders sit there as they did back in the day at the old stadium.

Now that I think about it, that is a weird quirk. Are the Pats the only team that have a stadium without at least one endzone having multiple levels of seating?

hmmmm, you're saying both endzones have seating that is only one level. I'm thinking the bucs but I'm not sure because one endzone has that damn boat. Cleveland had multiple levels on one side and one level on the other endzone.

ok, someone needs to investigate this!

Good to know about the endzone, just in case.;)

hmmmm, you're saying both endzones have seating that is only one level. I'm thinking the bucs but I'm not sure because one endzone has that damn boat. Cleveland had multiple levels on one side and one level on the other endzone.

ok, someone needs to investigate this!

Good to know about the endzone, just in case.;)

I think you may be onto to something with Tampa.

I just looked at a seating chart of Raymond James Stadium and you are correct!

I think you may be onto to something with Tampa.

I just looked at a seating chart of Raymond James Stadium and you are correct!

total f'ing guess, but an educated one because how could they have a second level w/ that friggin' boat!

Btw, if (BIG IF) this should actually happen then (assuming an 8pm start) I'll see you and your crew at 9 am in the gillette parking lot. I'll bring the ribs and the wood chips, you guys bring the beer.

You are so wrong it's quite comical. This is the Boston Market - not East Bum Rush, Alabama.

BTW - End Zone seats at Gillette are far better than the 300 section nose bleeds. Trust me. You better be in decent shape for those 300's too - when I say it's a "hike" I'm not lying. The chance of your scoring an End Zone seat are close to ziltch. You will have more luck trying to get an SRO (face value $49.00) - and even those will go for silly amounts of money.

Archived