Around The Horn crew (including Tx's boy Mariotti) predict Jets in playoffs

4-4 on the Jets

Coach of the Year votes by Mariotti & Bob Ryan (Ryan said we will go 11-5)

Jets & Broncos - Woody Paige

Jets & Bengals - J.A. Adande

Jets & Broncos - Jay Mariotti

Jets & Bengals - Bob Ryan

Those are the playoff predictions

Read it Tx'y!\:D/

OH and Michael Smith (from Boston) whose also on the show / writes for ESPN.com has already predicted the Jets & Bengals as well!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4-4 on the Jets

Coach of the Year votes by Mariotti & Bob Ryan (Ryan said we will go 11-5)

Jets & Broncos - Woody Paige

Jets & Bengals - J.A. Adande

Jets & Broncos - Jay Mariotti

Jets & Bengals - Bob Ryan

Those are the playoff predictions

Read it Tx'y!\:D/

OH and Michael Smith (from Boston) whose also on the show / writes for ESPN.com has already predicted the Jets & Bengals as well!

Hell, with the Jets schedule this year, any Pop Warner team could have made the playoffs.

Hell, with the Jets schedule this year, any Pop Warner team could have made the playoffs.

Yes because the Pats' schedule was SOOOOO different.

Not.

Newsflash Tx: We played the same exact teams except for 2.

Your 2:

Cincinnati

Denver

Our 2:

Oakland

Cleveland

Aside from those 2 games, same exact schedule. Okay, yeah, you played 2 better teams, so really if the Jets finish 2 games worse than the Pats, kudos to you guys for playing 2 harder teams.

And if your argument is for our final 6 games well I'm sorry that we got our hardest games off our belts between September-November, the schedule just worked out that way, not our fault, if teams are complaining they should've won their games against Houston (Jags lost both) or their easy games from Sept-Oct.

Now that the ****ing johnny come lately media decides to jump on the wagon, I hope the players tune it out and just stay focused. The Gnats were reading their clippings a few weeks ago, too.

Very good point, its in the Jets best interest to tune all these media scrubs out. These are probably all the same guys that said Carolina was the superbowl favorite from the NFC

I think Mangini will make sure the heads don't blow up in the Jets locker room, another sign of good coaching, these guys will be ready to play each and every week from here on out.

none of it matters if the jets dont beat the bills. win this game and the jets are in a great position. the key is to get hot at the right time of the year, get a couple of good breaks and anything is possible.

fwiw, the jets have the same record as the steelers last year through 12 games.

Yes because the Pats' schedule was SOOOOO different.

Not.

Newsflash Tx: We played the same exact teams except for 2.

Your 2:

Cincinnati

Denver

Our 2:

Oakland

Cleveland

Aside from those 2 games, same exact schedule. Okay, yeah, you played 2 better teams, so really if the Jets finish 2 games worse than the Pats, kudos to you guys for playing 2 harder teams.

And if your argument is for our final 6 games well I'm sorry that we got our hardest games off our belts between September-November, the schedule just worked out that way, not our fault, if teams are complaining they should've won their games against Houston (Jags lost both) or their easy games from Sept-Oct.

Cleveland and Denver are similar. Dever sucks, and so does Cleveland. so even mentioning denver as "good" or "quality" team is a joke. No offense to your post, i'm more or less agreeing with you.

by the way i have read a lot of Tx's quotes. conclusion: he's reaching.

Now that the ****ing johnny come lately media decides to jump on the wagon, I hope the players tune it out and just stay focused. The Gnats were reading their clippings a few weeks ago, too.

Excellent point JC< I liked things better when people said we sucked or just completely left us off the highlight reels every week.

Cleveland and Denver are similar. Dever sucks, and so does Cleveland. so even mentioning denver as "good" or "quality" team is a joke. No offense to your post, i'm more or less agreeing with you.

by the way i have read a lot of Tx's quotes. conclusion: he's reaching.

Denver has a monster D. I would not like the chances of our O against them. Sure Cutler is flying blind, but that team can be a monster when he gets it going ('07 or '08?) Cleaveland is in the same boat as us and the Bills though they both have lost more tough games along the lines of the game we lost to the Browns. Showing signs of life, but probably not quite there yet. The Browns at 4-8 shouldn't be considered the same as the 7-5 teams. Cleaveland s in the same boat as the Bills though they have lost more tough games along the lines of the game we lost to them. Showing signs of life, but probably not quite there yet.

The Gnats can read? You wouldn't think so from their intelligent play the last few weeks. Maybe they just looked at the pictures.

So I guess a Pop Warner team would go 1-1 vs. your Patsies?

Thats what he said, only a moron would bash his own team while trying to make fun of ours... really sad the Pats only won 1 out of 2 against a pop warner team... hell if we dont make it in that means we are worse than a pop warner team and we still beat them!!

THIS IS BREAKTHROUGH

According to TX's very own logic... the Patriots SUCK

HOLY CRAP!! On HBO's Inside The NFL Marino said the Jets=playoffs Collingsworth=The Jets and gave kudos the the defense A-hole Carter=Jets with their QB with a water pistol arms=Jets ..Marino said take that back he's playing great

Collinsworth and Marino are two good football guys.

Its sad that they have to sit around with a clown like Carter (although he was a hell of a receiver)

Collinsworth and Marino are two good football guys.

Its sad that they have to sit around with a clown like Carter (although he was a hell of a receiver)

what it always comes down to for me is this;I hate when guys-fans or writers or announcers have an agenda.They go into an argument with their mind already made up....the Paul MacGuires, Peter Kings, and Chris Carters of the world.

I am really becoming more and more impressed,with Dan Marino.It seems like the further he gets away from the game,the less he is one of those guys.Two years ago you couldn't get him to even say anything bad about Miami.He's now starting to call 'em as he sees 'em...

The bottom line is that it really doesn't matter who predicts what, you have to win the games. The Jets could stumble in any one of the remaining games and all this playoff talk goes down the crapper. I have confidence however, that Mangini has this team focused on Sunday's game and nothing else. What a difference a year makes.

The bottom line is that it really doesn't matter who predicts what, you have to win the games. The Jets could stumble in any one of the remaining games and all this playoff talk goes down the crapper. I have confidence however, that Mangini has this team focused on Sunday's game and nothing else. What a difference a year makes.

DAMN CRAIG, whats with all this logic? Stop bringing the IQ of the board up with your thought out responses, its to hard to follow through all of Tx's 2nd grade crap

I coach Pop Warner football TX and trust me it would be alot harder preparing for the Jets than it would be the Pats . The Jets have much more weapons and various formations to prepare against.

I coach Pop Warner football TX and trust me it would be alot harder preparing for the Jets than it would be the Pats . The Jets have much more weapons and various formations to prepare against.

Thank God you only coach Pop Warner football.

Yea, that potent Jets offense is really tough to prepare against. :eek:

Just ask the Jags and Bears.

WHOA!!!! You COACH POP WARNER FOOTBALL???!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!! That's up there with Al Bundy's 4 TD's he scored in high School!!!

I think you're all set for the NFL now, pal.

Thank God you only coach Pop Warner football.

Yea, that potent Jets offense is really tough to prepare against. :eek:

Just ask the Jags and Bears.

Jags and Bears so what 2 games out of the entire season.Not bad for a first time coaching staff afte so many weeks .

Hey looked like the Pats had some trouble stopping our offense.

Pats fans should be embarressed after losing to the lowly potent offense of the Jets. How do you deal with that loss????

WHOA!!!! You COACH POP WARNER FOOTBALL???!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!! That's up there with Al Bundy's 4 TD's he scored in high School!!!

I think you're all set for the NFL now, pal.

Believe it or not its alot of hard work.

Its for the kids man, you should be happy there are coaches who put in the time to do what we do for the kids and keep them out of trouble.

Archived