The 1st Annual JetsNation.com Official Draft Day Thread.....

JonEJet

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

where is castillo gonna play in a 3-4? defensive end?

Marlin Jackson might have run only a few ticks slower than Miller, but thats in a 40 yard dash. His BURST is simply not up to par with Millers, thats why I question him

And I saw plenty of WRs beat him on fade routes last year. go watch the 1st ohio state/michigan game from last season. holmes from ohio state owned jackson

And Pitt picks quickly.....as expected Heath Miller, TE. Interesting to see how Heath does vs. Jolly on a winning team like Pitt.

That will be one judge of this trade.

How is it fair to compare Jolley to someone that plays on a winning team?

How is it fair to compare Jolley to someone that plays on a winning team?

Hey Troll, isn't there a Cubs message board you could be whining on right now? Lord knows, after the loss of Garciapaaaaaara, you guys must be crying into your beers like crazy. :lol::lol:

Judging the trade WILL be partially a Jolly vs. Miller production debate.

Hey Troll, isn't there a Cubs message board you could be whining on right now? Lord knows, after the loss of Garciapaaaaaara, you guys must be crying into your beers like crazy. :lol::lol:

Judging the trade WILL be partially a Jolly vs. Miller production debate.

Sorry if I can't share in your optimism.

Liking both the Cubs and Jets makes way more bitter than my age would have you to believe.

My glass is half empty, while the bowl on your pipe is half-full. :lol:

I half suspect J Miller is off the Pats boards, with the report that he offended some teams in interviews....

but if he's there at 32 and the Pats take him, I trust their character judgment, and he sure as heck has the talent....

Way to make a bold statement :roll:

eLOT

Sorry if I can't share in your optimism.

Liking both the Cubs and Jets makes way more bitter than my age would have you to believe.

My glass is half empty, while the bowl on your pipe is half-full. :lol:

Well, you DO have a pretty good excuse for Pessimism, all considered. Hey man, at least you HAD basbeall, even if your team lost. I finally got it this year with the Nats.

For me it isn't neccessarily optimism, as I have SEVERE issues with Turnstile Jones starting anywhere other than the ball-boy spot. And I have worries at DT with Who Me LeGree too. But I guess I just feel better becuase I don't worry as much about CB because I like Strait as the #2 this year.

I guess we'll have to see where the rest of the offseason goes, or at least the rest of this draft, before I loose too much hope.

While opposing coaches call Mankins the smartest blocker in the Western Athletic Conference, opposing players regard him as one of the most competitive and aggressive blockers in the nation. Hailing from a small lumberjack town, Mankins rivals only Paul Bunyan when it comes to others telling stories of their encounters with this technically sound blocker.

Called the "most technically sound lineman" in the collegiate ranks by The NFL Draft Report, that service compares him favorably with former Green Bay Packers great, Jerry Kramer. Mankins shows good form and technique setting his base. He has enough quickness and kick slide to mirror and is especially effective at sealing the corner since moving to the left side.

Mankins was an all-area and team MVP at Mariposa (Calif.) High School. He joined the Fresno State program 2000 and was granted a redshirt. He moved into the starting lineup at right tackle in 2001, earning All-Mountain West Conference honors as he only allowed two sacks while protecting QB David Carr, who broke several FSU passing records that year.

He again started every game in 2002, despite playing in his final three contests with an ankle sprain. A torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during 2003 fall drills would sideline him for the season. He returned to action in 2004 and emerged as one of the best left tackles in college football. Mankins did not allow a sack, tackle or pressure in three games, graded over 90 percent for blocking consistency, set a school single-season record with 82 knockdown blocks and did not allow any opponent to get to the quarterback.

ANALYSIS

Positives: Has a wide frame with a barrel chest, good bubble, wide hips, thick thighs and calves

Archived