The 1st Annual JetsNation.com Official Draft Day Thread.....

JonEJet

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I respect your opinion and understand why you don't want him

but at 5'10 1/2 and 200lbs he is certainly NOT undersized.

He is 5-10 standing on a phone book.

He does not fit Bradways prototype CB-He likes them tall and physical. Note that Aaron Glenn was ridden out (partly due to salary).

The Jets, typically, have been very careful NOT to select players with scrapes with the law.

That would have been my pick if we were still at 26.

If he is sitting around 35, I say we should make a move for him.

Give a 4 next year

Can't aruge with that... I've liked Marlin, since I've seen him play since he was a freshman here at Michigan. Also wouldn't mind tabbing Shazor on the second day, should he fall to the Jets in the 4th.

marlin jackson should be a safety, he doesn't have the catchup speed to play corner in this league. I watched plenty of michigan games last year. He won't be anything more than a solid #2 corner at best.

tx

I hear the pats like brodney pool ALOT. also, odell thurman and barett ruud would be intersting picks..

Barton is right. People get too hung up on size. Miller is perfectly well sized for a corner--- it's not a big plus for him, but whatever--- he's taller than Pac Man IIRC....

Also Barton must be getting ready to perform Seppuku right now....

So Miller, Miller, Barnes, Jackson, and Pool are all there at 26.

Good thing you guys traded down.

=D>

marlin jackson should be a safety, he doesn't have the catchup speed to play corner in this league. I watched plenty of michigan games last year. He won't be anything more than a solid #2 corner at best.

tx

I hear the pats like brodney pool ALOT. also, odell thurman and barett ruud would be intersting picks..

Uh... Marlin Jackson ran a 4.45 40. Your boy ran an unofficial (from what I could find) 4.41. Oh yeah, he's real slow, and lacks that catch up speed. What you seem to be forgetting is that Marlin is a football player. Yeah, the type that has instincts and doesn't get beat easily. While he may or may not be a stud "shutdown" corner, he'll be a damn good CB. And, he's going to make one team real happy.

The Seahawks just picked a Center. A center none of us picked in the first four rounds of our draft. Leave it to the 'Hawks to screw up the draft and let another damn good player fall. He could have been had with their second pick.

Barton is right. People get too hung up on size. Miller is perfectly well sized for a corner--- it's not a big plus for him, but whatever--- he's taller than Pac Man IIRC....

Also Barton must be getting ready to perform Seppuku right now....

=D>

In TODAY"S NFL size means a lot at the corner position.

tx

Marlin Jackson is a ball Hawk and positions his body very well. I know one thing, I did not see any WR's running by him, so his speed can't be that poor.

He is a FOOTBALL player

Uh... Marlin Jackson ran a 4.45 40. Your boy ran an unofficial (from what I could find) 4.41. Oh yeah, he's real slow, and lacks that catch up speed. What you seem to be forgetting is that Marlin is a football player. Yeah, the type that has instincts and doesn't get beat easily. While he may or may not be a stud "shutdown" corner, he'll be a damn good CB. And, he's going to make one team real happy.

The Seahawks just picked a Center. A center none of us picked in the first four rounds of our draft. Leave it to the 'Hawks to screw up the draft and let another damn good player fall. He could have been had with their second pick.

good, better player may fall to us then!!!

tx

I'd have no problem with Pool or Thurman.

Not to keen on Ruud however (visions of Andy Katzenmoyer :shock: )

I still hope either Justin Miller or Marlin Jackson are sitting there. [-o<

In TODAY"S NFL size means a lot at the corner position.

Golly, someone had better let Bill Belichick know that...

Size helps, but it is significantly overrated, particularly since shorter guys tend to be quicker in their cuts since they aren't long legged.

All the more so with the tightening of the PI rules, you're better off with a short guy who can stick with his man than with a tall guy who can't.

Golly, someone had better let Bill Belichick know that...

Size helps, but it is significantly overrated, particularly since shorter guys tend to be quicker in their cuts since they aren't long legged.

All the more so with the tightening of the PI rules, you're better off with a short guy who can stick with his man than with a tall guy who can't.

I totally disagree- You have to be able to chuck at the line with leverage and control your body.

Tall CB's that are athletic are much preferable over shorter ones.

JMO

Wow, Bradway was right, he made the trade because no player worth it would be there at #26.

So the Jets got a 3rd string TE and two 6th round picks instead of any of those studs. :lol::lol::lol:

Way to go Terry. =D>=D>=D>

I totally disagree- You have to be able to chuck at the line with leverage and control your body.

Tall CB's that are athletic are much preferable over shorter ones.

JMO

Tall athletic CBs with the lateral agility to stick with their man and real ball skills are like 290 lb DEs with 4.5 speed.... everyone is looking for one but they are largely a mythical beast.

I think there's a VERY reasonable argument that Jackson>Miller.... but I wouldn't write Miller off because he's 1.5 inches short of 6 feet.

Tall athletic CBs with the lateral agility to stick with their man and real ball skills are like 290 lb DEs with 4.5 speed.... everyone is looking for one but they are largely a mythical beast.

I think there's a VERY reasonable argument that Jackson>Miller.... but I wouldn't write Miller off because he's 1.5 inches short of 6 feet.

Just my feel in watching both players. I saw Jackson probably 5 or 6 times, while I saw Smith maybe only twice.

I tend to think that SEC Corners coming out tend to fare better overall, on average than Big 10 CB's. But that is a generalization, and one that OI don't think fits in this case.

Again, JMO

Just my feel in watching both players. I saw Jackson probably 5 or 6 times, while I saw Smith maybe only twice.

I tend to think that SEC Corners coming out tend to fare better overall, on average than Big 10 CB's. But that is a generalization, and one that OI don't think fits in this case.

Again, JMO

Cept Michigan has a reputation of putting out good NFL corners, such as Ty Law and Charles Woodson.

Archived