Same Old Chad

The Gun Of Bavaria

TX...I've played at the college level and let me tell you do you think for one moment that the players don't know that chad is sticking up the place?? You've got to give them alittle more credit than that. When your QB throws intercepts and fumbles away 14 points and can't LEAD, then he has lost the team. You can't give 100% when the other guy is sputtering around at 50% for whatever the reason. let's see "his" team rally around him when he shows up next week against Minny and stinks up the place. Lets see how many in the locker room will be behind him then????

Me too. When I was in college I was king of Tecmo Bowl.

Oh, and Pennington sucks ass. The rest of the team must know it. Price you pay for drafting & trading for "smart" players I guess.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I DONT CARE what the situation was on other teams. This is the NEW YORK JETS 2006. Every situation is different.

This is not video games, folks.

Scott, my kid plays video games...as for me then the jets could learn something from some real good head coaches in the league who in the past benched a QB 10x's that of Chad. The New York jets? Are you F***ing kidding me, we haven't won crap staying with that type of mind set dude...We need some balls, like PennyBoy sticking his head in there on 4th and 1...that's what this orgainzation needs. A QB with some balls. Not nice press conferences saying how much he sucked.

Scott, my kid plays video games...as for me then the jets could learn something from some real good head coaches in the league who in the past benched a QB 10x's that of Chad. The New York jets? Are you F***ing kidding me, we haven't won crap staying with that type of mind set dude...We need some balls, like PennyBoy sticking his head in there on 4th and 1...that's what this orgainzation needs. A QB with some balls. Not nice press conferences saying how much he sucked.

Wow, a qb with "BALLS".

You just changed my mind. Put Clemens in. That was one of the most persuasive suggestions for change I have ever heard-

-other teams have done it

-We need a qb with balls.

Tell my secretary to get Mangini on the phone.

What college?

Dude what does it matter (by the way I was a linebacker up here in the east coast but so what)...and why would you ask that anyway? What you're the only one that knows what goes on behind closed doors...you kidding me or what? Anyway this isn't about my college days this is about a QB who can't throw the darn ball.

Dude what does it matter (by the way I was a linebacker up here in the east coast but so what)...and why would you ask that anyway? What you're the only one that knows what goes on behind closed doors...you kidding me or what? Anyway this isn't about my college days this is about a QB who can't throw the darn ball.

I asked wht college you went to, not your Social Security Number.

Personally Ive seen enough of the 3rd and 15 dump offs by Chad.

Its Neil Odonnell all over.

Good analogy except O'Donnell at least didn't turn the ball over. I mean it's one thing if you're throwing a ton of interceptions b/c you're winging the ball all over the field like Kitna is this year, or if you're balancing that out with 20-30 TD's like Favre or Bledsoe used to. But if you're throwing almost all dumpoffs & still have only 14 TD's to go with your 15 int's and 5 fumbles through 13 games, while playing mostly bad NFL teams, then you officially now suck worse than Neil O'Donnell did for us.

Wow, a qb with "BALLS".

You just changed my mind. Put Clemens in. That was one of the most persuasive suggestions for change I have ever heard-

-other teams have done it

-We need a qb with balls.

Tell my secretary to get Mangini on the phone.

Scott D, I've got nothing against you dude but your not making any sense. Come on now we all know what the NFL stands for right... Not For Long?? Or did you forget that. And where did I say put Clemens in??????

Good analogy except O'Donnell at least didn't turn the ball over. I mean it's one thing if you're throwing a ton of interceptions b/c you're winging the ball all over the field like Kitna is this year, or if you're balancing that out with 20-30 TD's like Favre or Bledsoe used to. But if you're throwing almost all dumpoffs & still have only 14 TD's to go with your 15 int's and 5 fumbles through 13 games, while playing mostly bad NFL teams, then you officially now suck worse than Neil O'Donnell did for us.

Thanks SP!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott D, I've got nothing against you dude but your not making any sense. Come on now we all know what the NFL stands for right... Not For Long?? Or did you forget that. And where did I say put Clemens in??????

Oh I am sorry, substitute Ramsey, and add Not For Long, on my list.

Now, it makes sense.

Really, let's get serious. This is not fun and games here. A franchise is at stake. Please tell me you are not hinging the success of your coaching career on Balls, and other teams have done it. Please tell me we are not doing that.

Thrust me, if your my age and you played when I did, you would have known who hit you. hey but like I said....it's not about me.

Then don't chime in with "I played in college" and have the locker room temperature spiel.

You played LB. Most of them that I knew in college couldn't tell you what the QB's name was. Less so could they tell who was performing their drills in practice.

Now, it makes sense.

Really, let's get serious. This is not fun and games here. A franchise is at stake. Please tell me you are not hinging the success of your coaching career on Balls, and other teams have done it. Please tell me we are not doing that.

Personally, I prefer balls and other teams have done it to Patrick Ramsey.

Now, it makes sense.

Scott D...Did you see the game yesterday? More successful teams than the Jets have done that very thing.....it's called, change. Like I said I will give Chad 2 maybe 3 quarters against Minny (in perfect in door conditions). Let's see what he has. Let's see him come back and lead the Jets to victory on Sunday. Enough with I should have done this or that. Just play like a winner at the position (maybe I'll keep my expensive season tickets too).

Scott D...Did you see the game yesterday? More successful teams than the Jets have done that very thing.....it's called, change. Like I said I will give Chad 2 maybe 3 quarters against Minny (in perfect in door conditions). Let's see what he has. Let's see him come back and lead the Jets to victory on Sunday. Enough with I should have done this or that. Just play like a winner at the position (maybe I'll keep my expensive season tickets too).

So you are telling me you kept your expensive season tickets last year, but you are going to get rid of them now if they don't bench Penny? I call bull**** on that.

Then don't chime in with "I played in college" and have the locker room temperature spiel.

You played LB. Most of them that I knew in college couldn't tell you what the QB's name was. Less so could they tell who was performing their drills in practice.

I was just trying to respond to your comment. The players know what the deal is...so your saying LB's are stupid now?

So you are telling me you kept your expensive season tickets last year, but you are going to get rid of them now if they don't bench Penny? I call bull**** on that.

Call me a die-hard Jets fan....further more I would not get rid of the tickets...just ranting!!!!

I was just trying to respond to your comment. The players know what the deal is...so your saying LB's are stupid now?

I am just telling you the LB's that I knew on my "college" team, really did not have much to comment on teh offense, because they would tell me "That is a whole 'nother side of the ball, man. I don't even pay attention to that"

Maybe they were snowing me, but that is what I got from several LB's at my college. There was a refusal to talk about the other side.

If you admit the players know what the deal is and none of them are calling for a change, why do you think "change is good?" On any team with a qb as bad as you all say Penny is and in the playoff hunt there'd be calls for his head or at least leaks to the media. Seen any? I didn't think so. If you believe a rookie coach has done what Parcells and Belly couldn't do and shut up the players in NY, then Mangini is God and you should bow to his wisdom in starting whoever. I'm sure it's more due to lack of viable options than a belief in Pennington, but it is what it is.

Call me a die-hard Jets fan....further more I would not get rid of the tickets...just ranting!!!!

That I understand. I got all my ranting out of the way before 4 minutes to go yesterday.

If you admit the players know what the deal is and none of them are calling for a change, why do you think "change is good?" On any team with a qb as bad as you all say Penny is and in the playoff hunt there'd be calls for his head or at least leaks to the media. Seen any? I didn't think so.

Our players don't rant to the media about their teammates anymore. I cannot believe that all the players think Chad is the answer simply b/c they didn't tell that preggers hippo at the Post.

Our players don't rant to the media about their teammates anymore. I cannot believe that all the players think Chad is the answer simply b/c they didn't tell that preggers hippo at the Post.

SE-Mangini is good, but he can't stop personal comments slipping from a player to the press. Where do you think all these "unnnamed sources" come from. The players and teh media have a dance, and if there is a prevailing thought in the lockerroom, it would be splahed on the papers.

maybe Mangini is that good, but I doubt it.

remember the Todd and Robinson debates? Players were actively supporting different qbs in the press. Old Walt was a fun guy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't hear players on the Broncos ranting about wanting to replace Plummer. After the change was made you heard stories that the players asked the coach, but not before. Aside from TO, in this league, you generally don't do that to your QB, especially if you have any respect for him or the coach. I'm sure these guys have respect for both. Plummer probably had the respect too, but ultimately they knew they needed a better QB to get anywhere. You won't see that decision in the press until after a change, or when players need to be re-signed, at that point if players leave, you know they don't approve. Even after they leave most players don't care enough to look at the past. I know we traded Moss, but he did hint about it while he was here, and he had an opportunity afterwards, but the man just moved on. Maybe that's the reason we have had trouble keeping players and attracting FAs, nobody wants to play on a team without a serious chance of being a contender if they don't get huge amounts of money.

Bill Bellichick openly discussed that Brady was outperforming Bledsoe in practice and they saw something in him.

Still........... It took an injury for Bledsoe to be supplanted.

Sometimes, it is not as easy as flicking a switch.

Every situation is unique to its own. This is about Chad Pennington , Eric Mangini, Schottenheimer and the NY jets.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't hear players on the Broncos ranting about wanting to replace Plummer. After the change was made you heard stories that the players asked the coach, but not before. Aside from TO, in this league, you generally don't do that to your QB, especially if you have any respect for him or the coach. I'm sure these guys have respect for both. Plummer probably had the respect too, but ultimately they knew they needed a better QB to get anywhere. You won't see that decision in the press until after a change, or when players need to be re-signed, at that point if players leave, you know they don't approve. Even after they leave most players don't care enough to look at the past. I know we traded Moss, but he did hint about it while he was here, and he had an opportunity afterwards, but the man just moved on. Maybe that's the reason we have had trouble keeping players and attracting FAs, nobody wants to play on a team without a serious chance of being a contender if they don't get huge amounts of money.

Nicely put......

here's a news flash the locker room won't accept that as a reason. Clemens hasn't been amazing in practice. The vets will see this as waving the white flag and the end result is uglier than a full season with Chad. Football is a team game you can't declare the season over during week 14 and expect it's gonna work out for the best. if you are all such Clemens fans you should root for him to take control in a better situation. If the Jets hand him the keys at this point it's possible he could fail so badly his career is over before it starts. We all saw him out there yesterday he looked like he was in too deep.

I'm not doubting it, but where did you read or hear that Clemens "hasn't been amazing" (read: sucks) in practice recently?

bump.

I'm not ready to crown Clemens as the next anything other than the Jets' next #2 QB, which he was promoted to yesterday. But Mangini's said "I thought Kellen had really strung together some good weeks," (which is about as high praise he gives to his younger players based on practice-only).

So again, where did you hear anything negative at all about Clemens in practice, since you clearly put a negative spin on it (I don't think you at all meant "he's been good or even ok, but not amazing").

Bit, you wouldn't just make something up out of thin air to make a point, would you?

Archived