Same Old Chad

The Gun Of Bavaria

I can start all the threads I want about how mangini sucked..if Chad is that important to this team and has all of this responsibility then fire the coaching staff. You have an agenda against Chad and are living it up now..enjoy your moment and then next week you will be bending over again

I agree with you.. Chad is a big part of this team. I dont understand why people seem to harp on him all the time. When he is good, everyone says he is the best and when he is bad, people say he is crap. PEOPLE MAKE UP YOUR FREAKEN MINDS ABOUT THIS GUY!!

I do not think we should change the quarterback just yet. :Nuts:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with you.. Chad is a big part of this team. I dont understand why people seem to harp on him all the time. When he is good, everyone says he is the best and when he is bad, people say he is crap. PEOPLE MAKE UP YOUR FREAKEN MINDS ABOUT THIS GUY!!

LadyJet, with all due respect you've been on this forum for less than a week. rest assured, those of us who do not like Chad as a QB have echoed those sentiments for a long time, and for the most part none of us are week to week in that opinion.

ladyjet - the point is that the jets will never win a super bowl with chad at QB. it doesn't mean he isn't a nice guy, upstanding citizen, or avg nfl QB - the jets will just never win the big game with chad.

the jets have been so bad for so long that people see 7-5 and get all excited about a wild card game. no matter what herm conditioned us to believe 9-7 and backing into the playoffs is no the ultimate goal - the super bowl is. as long as winning the super bowl is the goal the jets need a new QB.

ladyjet - the point is that the jets will never win a super bowl with chad at QB. it doesn't mean he isn't a nice guy, upstanding citizen, or avg nfl QB - the jets will just never win the big game with chad.

the jets have been so bad for so long that people see 7-5 and get all excited about a wild card game. no matter what herm conditioned us to believe 9-7 and backing into the playoffs is no the ultimate goal - the super bowl is. as long as winning the super bowl is the goal the jets need a new QB.

but they are a lock to win a SB with kellen clemens at QB?

Here we go with the "Herm Edwards defense". We don't know that we can definately do better with anyone but Chad so we stick with mediocrity. Fear of the unknown, a terribly afflicting disease.
I said in the other thread that i have no problem with Clemens playing the next few games actuality.

the jets haven't won since '69, 7 years before i was born. i would like to see the jets win a super bowl in my lifetime, that is the goal right a super bowl? i don't care who the QB is to take the team there but i know it will not be chadwick. it may be clemens, it may not but it will 100% not be chad pennington. he is 30 and topped out potential wise. great-guy, tough breaks, its time to give someone else a try.

I've finally had it with Mr. Pennington. In fact I'm going to sue him for pain/suffering and demand that he reimburse me for the NFL Sunday Ticket package.

I've given this guy the benefit of the doubt his whole career, but enough with the "crawling into the fetal position" every time the Jets have a big game.

Excuse me, while I go take a sh!t and wipe my ass with his jersey.

I've finally had it with Mr. Pennington. In fact I'm going to sue him for pain/suffering and demand that he reimburse me for the NFL Sunday Ticket package.

I've given this guy the benefit of the doubt his whole career, but enough with the "crawling into the fetal position" every time the Jets have a big game.

Excuse me, while I go take a sh!t and wipe my ass with his jersey.

I wont even waste my effing money on nfl sunday ticket next year if Chad is our starter. I wont. I'll still catch about 4 or 5 games between MNF/SNF, vs the dolphins and the occasional 4 pm game that they show in SWFL.

F it. I dont have alot of money to throw around for such crap. Chad sure does, but I dont.

PennyBoy's INT for a TD was just one example how bad he sucked yesterday.

He had Cotcherey wide open, threw the ball 8 miles high and it was picked.

But all the Penny-O-Philes will say it wasn't his fault because the ball was tipped for an INT. :eek:

No. It was a bad throw. It was Pennington's fault. It wasn't "8 miles high" or "4 yards over Cotchery's head" though. If it were Cotchery wouldn't have tipped it. The big problem wasn't so much the pick as the return. No reason a ball that is tipped twice-traveling away from the line of scrimmage further downfield should result in a TD. They should have tackled that SOB. Richard Todd would have gotten him.

Chad sucked and so did Shott & Mangini.

Let me get this straight:

You can kick onside kicks at STUPID times but when down 8 and you need points in the 3rd quarter you can't go for 4th and 1 inside the Buffalo 40? Are you kidding me? Ridiculous.

The play calling was so god damn conservative as well. Chad, throw the ball down the field to the GREEN jerseys and hold onto the ball please.

Someone should have told Chad that today's game wasn't that important, he may have thrown or 400 yards.

Come on Chad lovers, tell me how great Chad was today and how he had nothing to do with this loss. Face it another big game, another let down. The man has no consistency.

I'm not going to sit here after bashing Brady all morning long and pretend Chad had some great game.

The man played like absolute crap today. Deal with it

G.O.B.....you are absolutely right....I'm a die-hard Jet fan, always have been always will be, but it's tuff not to see what is the real problem here....I'll say it, there is no way we are going to win 'Big" in a 'Big" game with this guy...he is not a pressure QB, actually he crumbles under the pressure. This was a huge game for the Jets and he let his team down. That's the bottom line. Forget the defense, and Mangini...if Chad has a decent game we win. This guy blows and thats the bottom line.

The funniest was 4th and one on the Bills 40 something yard line and instead of calling his own number and sticking his head in there, he walks off the field after trying to get the Bills to go off sides...that in my opinion reaks of half hearted play. I'm done with Chad.

I hope the organization comes to that conclusion soon......get this guy out of here.

LadyJET...there hasn't been a Jets fan since Jan 2005 that has said Penny is the best 9since theat lose in Pitt in the playoffs..he sucked in that one too). We have made up our minds...but as Jet fans we are always holding out till the last moment. Chad blows and we all know it. The B.S. is we should have drafted a QB when we had a chance. But because the previous administration gave chad all that money we are hamstrung right now.

I can start all the threads I want about how mangini sucked..if Chad is that important to this team and has all of this responsibility then fire the coaching staff. You have an agenda against Chad and are living it up now..enjoy your moment and then next week you will be bending over again

4HCrew...we are all Jets fans Crew..you and I and all of us know that Chad is inconsistent. You can't argue that point...it's a fact. Do I wish he is more solid...of course but there is no way this guy is going to win the big game. The man crumbles under pressure. Chad a at best a below avergae to average QB in this league and can't throw the ball further than 20-25 yards down field. When the score was 10-7, what did he do?

He threw and interception that was returned 70 something yards dude for a TD. And that was after the Jet D clamped down on the Bills. Listen you are not going to win in this league throwing 2 interceptions and having two more fumbles which all in all turn into 14 points..come on. Lets be real.

I'll go out on a limb here.

Chad Pennington is playing hurt. he took ZERO shots down the field yesterday, and his accuracy was way off. It was very dink-and-dunk. Not because of the OC's play calling, either. Chad just dumped off a lot of passes and didn't take any chances.

I'll go out on a limb here.

Chad Pennington is playing hurt. he took ZERO shots down the field yesterday, and his accuracy was way off. It was very dink-and-dunk. Not because of the OC's play calling, either. Chad just dumped off a lot of passes and didn't take any chances.

Tabor, I can't agree with you and here is why...if he was playing hurt then it would have been Magini's repsonsibility to get him the F out of there rather than stick with a guy that can't throw the ball. Because if that was the case, that move just cost us the season.

Sounds like the same argument that Herm-lovers used to justify keeping him instead of Mangini.

Who the hell knows what Clemens is capable of? Maybe he'll be 10x worse than Ryan Leaf.

What we do know is that Chad cannot do it. He has MORE than adequate receivers. He doesn't have the greatest running attack on earth (to say the least) but did you watch the game? Once again, teams stacked the run b/c they have no fear of Chad beating them deep. That works fine against Green Bay and Detroit. We will not and would not face such teams in the playoffs. Pennington forces his receivers to get first downs with their feet:

2-11-NYJ25(12:23) C.Pennington pass incomplete deep right to J.Cotchery.

3-11-NYJ25(12:23) (Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to C.Baker to NYJ 32 for 7 yards (K.Thomas, A.Youboty).

2-4-BUF30(2:19) C.Pennington pass short left to L.Coles pushed ob at BUF 14 for 16 yards (K.Simpson).

2-6-BUF10(1:14) (No Huddle) C.Pennington pass short middle to L.Coles for 10 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Penalty on BUF-K.Simpson, Defensive Pass Interference, declined.

3-11-BUF27(13:34) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to J.Cotchery pushed ob at BUF 12 for 15 yards (K.Simpson).

3-10-BUF12(11:07) C.Pennington pass incomplete short middle to J.Cotchery (L.Fletcher-Baker).

3-3-NYJ27(8:50) (No Huddle) C.Pennington pass short right to L.Coles pushed ob at 50 for 23 yards (K.Simpson).

3-9-BUF49(6:56) (Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to L.Washington to 50 for -1 yards (A.Schobel, L.Fletcher-Baker).

3-9-NYJ46(2:00) (Shotgun) C.Pennington pass intended for J.Cotchery INTERCEPTED by N.Clements at BUF 42. N.Clements for 58 yards, TOUCHDOWN. [well at least he threw it 14 yards in the air. Kudos.]

3-6-NYJ27(1:09) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to J.Cotchery to NYJ 37 for 10 yards (K.Thomas, A.Youboty).

2-10-BUF32(:35) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to L.Washington to BUF 28 for 4 yards (N.Clements).

1-10-NYJ12(5:09) C.Pennington pass short left to B.Smith to NYJ 16 for 4 yards (N.Clements, K.Thomas).

3-15-NYJ35(:45) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to S.Ryan to NYJ 43 for 8 yards (K.Thomas).

2-8-NYJ30(7:32) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to L.Washington to NYJ 34 for 4 yards (K.Ellison).

3-4-NYJ34(7:12) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short right to J.McCareins to NYJ 48 for 14 yards (K.Simpson).

1-10-NYJ48(6:32) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short middle intended for J.McCareins INTERCEPTED by L.Fletcher-Baker at BUF 40. L.Fletcher-Baker to BUF 41 for 1 yard (L.Coles, L.Washington).

1-10-NYJ18(5:01) (Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to L.Washington to NYJ 27 for 9 yards (A.Hargrove, A.Schobel).

2-1-NYJ27(4:34) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to C.Baker to NYJ 37 for 10 yards (K.Ellison, A.Youboty).

1-10-NYJ37(4:04) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short right to J.Cotchery pushed ob at NYJ 42 for 5 yards (N.Clements).

2-5-NYJ42(3:57) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass incomplete short left to C.Baker.

3-5-NYJ42(3:52) (Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short middle to L.Washington to NYJ 46 for 4 yards (K.Ellison).

As much as they rip on our players to have fun with it, every Pats fan on earth would drool to have Brady throwing to Coles & Cotchery instead of that ragamuffin bunch of nobodies he throws to.

My personal favorite is when apologists like Can-o-zero suggest the reason for Pennington not putting up league-leading #'s is the lack of a deep threat. Coles is a deep threat. McCariens was a deep threat until Chad was his QB. Moss was a deep threat. He's had more deep threats than most QB's. Look above & actually watch the games & see what use he makes of WR's. He turns them into skinny TE's who then need to break tackles or otherwise run another 5-10 yards to get into the endzone or past the first-down marker.

If you think we will play the 2-10 Packers or Lions every week including the playoffs & superbowl, then Chad's your man. We don't, we haven't, and we wouldn't & won't.

Keep him as a backup next year & then get rid of him. His comeback was admirable, but he will never lead us to a superbowl. There will always be excuses as to why (his apologists never run short of excuses), but in the end we will again be watching someone else's teams in the superbowl as long as we have this guy and his sissy-arm & line calls & check-down's.

Sounds like the same argument that Herm-lovers used to justify keeping him instead of Mangini.

Who the hell knows what Clemens is capable of? Maybe he'll be 10x worse than Ryan Leaf.

What we do know is that Chad cannot do it. He has MORE than adequate receivers. He doesn't have the greatest running attack on earth (to say the least) but did you watch the game? Once again, teams stacked the run b/c they have no fear of Chad beating them deep. That works fine against Green Bay and Detroit. We will not and would not face such teams in the playoffs. Pennington forces his receivers to get first downs with their feet:

2-11-NYJ25(12:23) C.Pennington pass incomplete deep right to J.Cotchery.

3-11-NYJ25(12:23) (Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to C.Baker to NYJ 32 for 7 yards (K.Thomas, A.Youboty).

2-4-BUF30(2:19) C.Pennington pass short left to L.Coles pushed ob at BUF 14 for 16 yards (K.Simpson).

2-6-BUF10(1:14) (No Huddle) C.Pennington pass short middle to L.Coles for 10 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Penalty on BUF-K.Simpson, Defensive Pass Interference, declined.

3-11-BUF27(13:34) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to J.Cotchery pushed ob at BUF 12 for 15 yards (K.Simpson).

3-10-BUF12(11:07) C.Pennington pass incomplete short middle to J.Cotchery (L.Fletcher-Baker).

3-3-NYJ27(8:50) (No Huddle) C.Pennington pass short right to L.Coles pushed ob at 50 for 23 yards (K.Simpson).

3-9-BUF49(6:56) (Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to L.Washington to 50 for -1 yards (A.Schobel, L.Fletcher-Baker).

3-9-NYJ46(2:00) (Shotgun) C.Pennington pass intended for J.Cotchery INTERCEPTED by N.Clements at BUF 42. N.Clements for 58 yards, TOUCHDOWN. [well at least he threw it 14 yards in the air. Kudos.]

3-6-NYJ27(1:09) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to J.Cotchery to NYJ 37 for 10 yards (K.Thomas, A.Youboty).

2-10-BUF32(:35) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to L.Washington to BUF 28 for 4 yards (N.Clements).

1-10-NYJ12(5:09) C.Pennington pass short left to B.Smith to NYJ 16 for 4 yards (N.Clements, K.Thomas).

3-15-NYJ35(:45) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to S.Ryan to NYJ 43 for 8 yards (K.Thomas).

2-8-NYJ30(7:32) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to L.Washington to NYJ 34 for 4 yards (K.Ellison).

3-4-NYJ34(7:12) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short right to J.McCareins to NYJ 48 for 14 yards (K.Simpson).

1-10-NYJ48(6:32) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short middle intended for J.McCareins INTERCEPTED by L.Fletcher-Baker at BUF 40. L.Fletcher-Baker to BUF 41 for 1 yard (L.Coles, L.Washington).

1-10-NYJ18(5:01) (Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to L.Washington to NYJ 27 for 9 yards (A.Hargrove, A.Schobel).

2-1-NYJ27(4:34) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short left to C.Baker to NYJ 37 for 10 yards (K.Ellison, A.Youboty).

1-10-NYJ37(4:04) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short right to J.Cotchery pushed ob at NYJ 42 for 5 yards (N.Clements).

2-5-NYJ42(3:57) (No Huddle, Shotgun) C.Pennington pass incomplete short left to C.Baker.

3-5-NYJ42(3:52) (Shotgun) C.Pennington pass short middle to L.Washington to NYJ 46 for 4 yards (K.Ellison).

As much as they rip on our players to have fun with it, every Pats fan on earth would drool to have Brady throwing to Coles & Cotchery instead of that ragamuffin bunch of nobodies he throws to.

My personal favorite is when apologists like Can-o-zero suggest the reason for Pennington not putting up league-leading #'s is the lack of a deep threat. Coles is a deep threat. McCariens was a deep threat until Chad was his QB. Moss was a deep threat. He's had more deep threats than most QB's. Look above & actually watch the games & see what use he makes of WR's. He turns them into skinny TE's who then need to break tackles or otherwise run another 5-10 yards to get into the endzone or past the first-down marker.

If you think we will play the 2-10 Packers or Lions every week including the playoffs & superbowl, then Chad's your man. We don't, we haven't, and we wouldn't & won't.

Keep him as a backup next year & then get rid of him. His comeback was admirable, but he will never lead us to a superbowl. There will always be excuses as to why (his apologists never run short of excuses), but in the end we will again be watching someone else's teams in the superbowl as long as we have this guy and his sissy-arm & line calls & check-down's.

POTW Nomination

Who the hell knows what Clemens is capable of?

One would think that Mangini and Schottenheimer know.

And given their propensity of putting" the most capable' player in to play, that should tell you vloumes where they think Clemens is at this point. Who came in for one play, when Chad was hurt in a big spot?

Or, is Mangini playing a favorite, to the team's detriment? Which is it?

One of the reasons Brady sucked so bad yesterday was because the Pats receivers could not get open downfield.

The Phins DB's had them smothered all day long.

WR's in the NFL need to get separation, and the Pats receivers did not do that yesterday.

One of the reasons Brady sucked so bad yesterday was because the Pats receivers could not get open downfield.

The Phins DB's had them smothered all day long.

WR's in the NFL need to get separation, and the Pats receivers did not do that yesterday.

The pressure may have had a little to do with that also. Jason Taylor has been playing some of the best football in this league the last 5-6 weeks.

Mangini and Schottenheimer are still rookies though..and it's still a live and learn situation..

And given their propensity of putting" the most capable' player in to play, that should tell you vloumes where they think Clemens is at this point. Who came in for one play, when Chad was hurt in a big spot?

I dont know about that..after yesterday's performance..Chad is either hurt(and it's a secret)

And if he's not hurt..his job should be on the line after yesterday's pathetic performance.

No..I dont think so.

Mangini and Schottenheimer are still rookies though..and it's still a live and learn situation..

They are rookies in their current roles. They have heaps of experience in looking at players, evaluating players, and understanding where there game is in relation to others of the same position.

When they supplanted Kevin Barlow with Leon Washington, was that a move made for the betterment of the team based on player evolvement? Cotchery for McCareins? etc?

The pressure may have had a little to do with that also. Jason Taylor has been playing some of the best football in this league the last 5-6 weeks.

It did.

Light was owned by Taylor.

The bottomline is the Phins D throttled the Patriots O.

They are rookies in their current roles. They have heaps of experience in looking at players, evaluating players, and understanding where there game is in relation to others of the same position.

When they supplanted Kevin Barlow with Leon Washington, was that a move made for the betterment of the team based on player evolvement? Cotchery for McCareins? etc?

Good point..but I would assume they would be a bit more gun shy replacing an experienced QB with either Ramsey or Clemens.although I think that may change after yesterday's performance.

I wasn't talking about Clemens' potential as a rookie; I meant his potential in general. And he may be the worst thing in the world.

At 7-5 you can't bench your starting QB coming off a good game (no matter how hapless the opponents he just beat were).

The alternative may not be the answer either. Fine. Then you move on to option 3, whatever that may be at the time. But I'm pretty confident option #1 right now isn't the answer & he's making my point for me with his usual play vs teams that know his game.

He's not one of the 5 worst QB's in the league. But he's closer to that than he is to the top-5 best. And with the emergence & growth of some of the younger & less experienced QB's in the league (Leinart/Cutler/Young/A.Smith/Campbell/Garrard/etc) this will only become more apparent next year.

Our passing game will never stretch the field vs non-doormats with Chad.

Our running game will not have any room to run vs non-doormats with Chad.

Our WR's with the speed to beat a secondary will not be given the opportunity vs non-doormats with Chad.

Those who ignore history are condemned to repeat it.

Chad looked like he was playing in slow motion yesterday-what concerns me most is how he when he steps on the field immediately shortens the playing field to 20 yards every time-how many of those 45 yard passes have even been attempted this year?

I like Chad but want what is always going to be best for the New York Jets...starting to really question whether that answer is still Chad Pennington at quarterback

any NFL team will only play as good or as bad as its QB play

yesterday the Jets' QB play was garbage.

the truly scary thing for Jets fans?

Kellen Clemens looks like a child out there. Right now looking like a waste of a 2nd round pick.

How did Chad look taking over for an injured Vinny T in Jaxonville in 2002?

Did he get judged by that one game?

Good point..but I would assume they would be a bit more gun shy replacing an experienced QB with either Ramsey or Clemens.although I think that may change after yesterday's performance.

It is possible. I hope against hope, that they do not have the tendency to be afraid to make a move. From what I have witnessed thus far, I don't think they are.

More than anything, I have to trust that they have the pulse of this team. Trust me, the TEAM will know before anyone else when it feels is the right time to make a switch. They see the players in practice and the meeting room.

It is a tough call for the coach. Make a switch to soon, before the team feels it is right, you lose their heart. Make it too late, and you lose their respect.

This is one of those things where a fan has to have trust, if you believe in your coaching staff.

Archived