Jets Are 8-6...Here We Go!!!

Jet27

Good morning Guys and Gals.....The Jets are 8-6 and that feels great...a couple of points and lets see what you think:

1. We need the colts to win tonight.

2. This is where it gets sticky....do we root for the Jags next week or the Pats????

3. We also need the Broncos to Loose next week to Cincy.

I still think it will come down to us having to win the final game of the year at home against the raiders, and that game will determine if we win the AFC East or are the sixth seed.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good morning Guys and Gals.....The Jets are 8-6 and that feels great...a couple of points and lets see what you think:

2. This is where it gets sticky....do we root for the Jags next week or the Pats????

I still think it will come down to us having to win the final game of the year at home against the raiders, and that game will determine if we win the AFC East or are the sixth seed.

IMO Miami is our biggest hurdle. If we can win on X-Mas night I think we handle Oakland at Home the final week and things shake out where we get in.

I think it will take 2 W's by us accompanied by Denver losing to the Bengals next week.

The hardest route possible.

If you think the Jets can replicate what the Steelers did last year by winning the Super Bowl as a #6 seed, you are more delusional than I thought.

The Jets can't beat "elite" teams at home for crying out loud, what makes you think the can beat 3 elite teams in a row on the road?

Who is even talking about the Super Bowl ?

Right now just making the playoffs would be a major accomplishment for this group.

The Jets are a better road team right now than a home team. Something you guys became well aware of a few weeks ago.

The season is already a MAJOR success. If they get into the playoffs it is about all a fan can ask for for this season.

If my understanding of the scenarios are correct:

1. The Jets need the Colts to win tonight

2. The jets need to win out

3. The Jets need the Denver-Bengal game NOT to end in a tie.

That gets the Jets in. There are other scenarios, of course

Am I correct?

Not saying teh jets are even going to bein teh playoffs, but, what ELITE teams do you see out there?

San Diego

Baltimore

Indianapolis

New England

Even your victory last month notwithstanding, you look like a one and done.

If you see those as "elite" teams, your definition is FAR differnt than mine. sand Diego may be the closest. the rest are a far shot away.

Baltimore would beat the Chargers.

Their defense would slow down (no defense can stop him) Tomlinson and figure out a way to pressure Rivers into mistakes.

The Ravens are the best team in the AFC heading into the playoffs.

In the AFC :

Baltimore

San Diego

Indy

New England

All four of those teams have 10 or more wins.

TX-You are reaching.

Just because a team has 10 wins, you are calling it elite? When the Jets won the division a few years ago, with 10 wins, were they elite.

C'mon. Teh AFC has feastest on a much weaker NFC and padded wins. That is the reason for some high win totalks. That HARDLY makes teams elite.

this is the most parity ridden season I can recall.

Their defense would slow down (no defense can stop him) Tomlinson and figure out a way to pressure Rivers into mistakes.

The Ravens defense is hardly dominating. They are living off of press clippings. You can beat the Ravens with teh correct game plan. You need to be precise, but you can move the ball on them

I dont know about that.

Tomlinson is playing on a level that I think alot of us have not seen before. If we have it was a LONG Time ago.

The SD D is playing very physical as well and would take care of the Ravens if the game is in SD. If the game was in Baltimore it would be a bit more dicey.

I think Marty is going to finally get his shot at the Super Bowl this year. He has the best offensive player. He has a D that is very physical and probably most important:

Marty is taking some chances. (Fake punt yesterday)

Now it will be intersting to see what happens to Marty once the playoffs start, but right now I think he has his best shot at the Super Bowl since 86.

Hard to get upset since "one and done" was supposed to be the Jets as they closed out the Titans game to start the season.

:) I second the POTW nod.

New England and INDY elite ?

C'mon you are better than that.

San Diego and Baltimore are the two best. Everyone is else is chasing.

It is a stretch, but given the general nature of the NFL this season and last, there are no clear cut elite teams. I thought the Chargers were, but with Rivers subpar play they even look beatable last night.

If you see those as "elite" teams, your definition is FAR differnt than mine. sand Diego may be the closest. the rest are a far shot away.

It is a loose definition of it. ;) I think the Chargers are the class of the NFL and should be favorites slightly ahead of Baltimore. I would not be surprsied if the Colts and/or Patriots got their acts together, but I doubt they do. Yes, by that definition they are clearly not.

and the Patriots look like a super bowl team to you?

No.

I think their D does enough, but the O is horrible. I think it would be more shocking if this team won compared to 2001.

Just because a team has 10 wins, you are calling it elite? When the Jets won the division a few years ago, with 10 wins, were they elite.

Just to refresh your memory Dierk.

The Jets haven't won 10 games in eons.

The last time the won the AFCE they were 9-7 and needed the 3rd tie-breaker to accomplish that.

Hardly an elite team. ;)

And the Jets were only a Wild Card team that year.

nothing wrong with being a wild card team in the toughest division in football Tex-remember in 2004 Buffalo was doing exactly what they are doing this year-playing better than any team in the division without making the playoffs as the season ended

So if the Pats go 2-0 and finish at 12-4 for the year, that's not an "elite" performance by a team.

Oh yea, 12-4 teams in the NFL are a dime a dozen. :eek:

Now, you are changing your criteria.

First, you said since these teams had already won 10 games, that they had established elite standing. There is no guarantee of future success in teh NFl, so elite status should not be given based on what MAY happen in the future.

For a person that wants to split hairs, and go strictly by the book, you seem to be attaching qualifiers on your own criteria.,

If 10 wins makes you elite, that means the 2004 Jets team was elite. I highly disagree. Alsowith teh point that 10 wins makes you so. heck, it is possible for teh Jets to get to that plateau this season.

ready to call them elite?

Who is even talking about the Super Bowl ?

Right now just making the playoffs would be a major accomplishment for this group.

The Jets are a better road team right now than a home team. Something you guys became well aware of a few weeks ago.

The season is already a MAJOR success. If they get into the playoffs it is about all a fan can ask for for this season.

So if the Pats go 2-0 and finish at 12-4 for the year, that's not an "elite" performance by a team.

Oh yea, 12-4 teams in the NFL are a dime a dozen. :eek:

IF...very big word.

Pats going 2-0 on the road at Jacksonville and Tennessee.

Not buying it.

Split at best.

Archived