Jets Are 8-6...Here We Go!!!

Jet27

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a very real possibility that the Pats and Jets finish 10-6. And if that happens the Jets win the division. Especially since the Pats have to face the Jags and Tenn. on the road.

I think Tenn is the hottest team in the AFC right now. And guess what the Jets beat them.

The Jags last year were 12-4, and they weren't elite. The Chargers were 12-4 two years ago when we beat them, and you won't even give us credit for the win because they weren't "elite." This is what happens when you talk out of your ass all the time, eventually things come back to bite you in it. So what's it going to be tx? Is 12-4 elite, and Chad Pennington has beaten an elite team in the playoffs, or is it not, and the Pats of this year have no chance at being elite? Well? I'm waiting for your answer.

In the AFC :

Baltimore

San Diego

Indy

New England

All four of those teams have 10 or more wins.

Cool so you think once we hit 10 wins this year that the JETS are also an "elite" team... your so nice to us TX saying we have a chance to be an elite team this year!

Cool so you think once we hit 10 wins this year that the JETS are also an "elite" team... your so nice to us TX saying we have a chance to be an elite team this year!

Those are 10 win teams through week 15.

In case you missed it, the Jets only have 8 wins through week 15.

Good luck aligning the moon and stars for that to happen.

Jacksonville at home = tough to beat

Tennessee = 5 game winning streak with some impressive wins

Wouldn't call it impossible if I were you.

Oh yeah, those same mighty Pats, split with the Jets this season (ya know, the only season that matters), just thought I'd remind you of that again.

Good luck aligning the moon and stars for that to happen.

We won't need luck, BB's ego is so huge and his bitterness so out of control that he plans to lose the Jags game just so he can screw the Jets playoff chances. Problem though is that the Titans are playing better than the Pats right now and that game will be very close.

I will be sitting in the Meadowlands watching the Jets beat the raiders when the scoreboard flashes:

Titans 24

Pats 17 Final

That's gonna be sweet, I can feel it coming. Btw, you know who owns the tiebreaker if both teams finish at 10-6 right tx'y?;)

We won't need luck, BB's ego is so huge and his bitterness so out of control that he plans to lose the Jags game just so he can screw the Jets playoff chances. Problem though is that the Titans are playing better than the Pats right now and that game will be very close.

I will be sitting in the Meadowlands watching the Jets beat the raiders when the scoreboard flashes:

Titans 24

Pats 17 Final

That's gonna be sweet, I can feel it coming. Btw, you know who owns the tiebreaker if both teams finish at 10-6 right tx'y?;)

Hey raffy, let me guess.

You also believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy, right? ;)

Here is what I want to know TX.

Are the Pats going into the Jacksonville and winning this week ?

That's why they play the games, isn't it shawn?

You think BB wants to go into the Titan game needing a win?

I tend to doubt that.

Over the years, BB has always put together an outstanding defensive game plan versus the Jags. Hopefully, Wilfork will be back next week.

Those are 10 win teams through week 15.

In case you missed it, the Jets only have 8 wins through week 15.

TX, you are digging yourself a hole that you can not get out of. You might just want to back away from this thread.

So what you are essentially saying is that an "elite" team can be a week to week thing? If they have 10 wins in week 15, they have opportunity where they can NOT be an elite team by week 17?

I don't know about you, but I don't consider a team being elite, if I may be able to change that designation in a couple of weeks.

To me, elite means the creme de la creme. You identify 4 plus teams residing in the AFC with that designation. You are saying 25% of the teams in teh AFC are ELITE at the same time.

Thats crap that I know you would never serve and expect it to be consummed. You would jump all over that and hand someone their kidneys in exchange.

Please stop with this elite nonsense. Saying that a team is elite if it has 10 wins at week 15, and then saying a team cannot be elite if it has 10 wins at week 17 is splitting hairs at its finest. You are passing out elite status like my wife gives candy at Halloween

I tend to doubt that.

Over the years, BB has always put together an outstanding defensive game plan versus the Jags. Hopefully, Wilfork will be back next week.

Just remember that by beating the Jags you're helping the Jets. By losing to the Jags you're helping the Jets.

That's win win for me and it ain't even christmas yet, right santy?

Just remember that by beating the Jags you're helping the Jets. By losing to the Jags you're helping the Jets.

It is as long as the Jets win on Monday Night.

A VERY BIG IF

This game is the season for the Jets. They know it and Miami knows it. What better way for the Fish to go out then to ruin the Jets season.

It's going to be an interesting game. At least the Jets know that their playoff fate is basically in their hands.

Raffy D....Yes, regardless of if the Pats lose/win they are going to help us, as long as we win.

However, it would be absolutely priceless to see in this way:

1. Pats lose to the Jags.

2. Jet's Win against the Doll-fins

3. Pats lose to Tenn in OT.

4. Jets beat the Raiders and then we win the division.......

That's what I would love to see....

A VERY BIG IF

This game is the season for the Jets. They know it and Miami knows it. What better way for the Fish to go out then to ruin the Jets season.

It's going to be an interesting game. At least the Jets know that their playoff fate is basically in their hands.

and I think this game is being played in the perfect venue for us-Christmas night in south Florida with 1/2 of New Yoork already down here visiting family AND with the Dolphins offically OUT of playoff contention,a possible QB controversy blooming and a HC who is SAYING he isn't considering the Bama gig but said job is yet to be filled...

I tend to doubt that.

You have a great career is politics if you choose. ;)

TX, you are digging yourself a hole that you can not get out of. You might just want to back away from this thread.

So what you are essentially saying is that an "elite" team can be a week to week thing? If they have 10 wins in week 15, they have opportunity where they can NOT be an elite team by week 17?

I don't know about you, but I don't consider a team being elite, if I may be able to change that designation in a couple of weeks.

To me, elite means the creme de la creme. You identify 4 plus teams residing in the AFC with that designation. You are saying 25% of the teams in teh AFC are ELITE at the same time.

Thats crap that I know you would never serve and expect it to be consummed. You would jump all over that and hand someone their kidneys in exchange.

Please stop with this elite nonsense. Saying that a team is elite if it has 10 wins at week 15, and then saying a team cannot be elite if it has 10 wins at week 17 is splitting hairs at its finest. You are passing out elite status like my wife gives candy at Halloween

Dierk,

Can you quantify the word "elite".

Can you define an "elite" team subjectively?

Your last sentence says it all. ;)

and I think this game is being played in the perfect venue for us-Christmas night in south Florida with 1/2 of New Yoork already down here visiting family AND with the Dolphins offically OUT of playoff contention,a possible QB controversy blooming and a HC who is SAYING he isn't considering the Bama gig but said job is yet to be filled...

I'm not one to believe that teams "mail it in" after they are eliminated from playoff contention.

Miami would like nothing better to ruin the Jets season. I think if you ask Fish fans they hate the Jets more than the Bills and Pats combined.

This is not going be slamdunk, put the W in the column game. This is going to be hard fought down to the wire that is going to have us screaming at the TV waking up family and possibly neighbors.

I wouldn't have it any other way right now.

I'm not one to believe that teams "mail it in" after they are eliminated from playoff contention.

Miami would like nothing better to ruin the Jets season. I think if you ask Fish fans they hate the Jets more than the Bills and Pats combined.

This is not going be slamdunk, put the W in the column game. This is going to be hard fought down to the wire that is going to have us screaming at the TV waking up family and possibly neighbors.

oh yea I know shawn I'm not implying Miami is gonna mail it in what I AM saying is this will almost be like a home game for us with so many Fins fans saying "F-it-I'm staying home it's Christmas and this game means nothing"

Dierk,

Can you quantify the word "elite".

Can you define an "elite" team subjectively?

Your last sentence says it all. ;)

To me, elite means without peer. Unequalled in prformance

In terms of the NFL, I would call it rare, when you can have even 2 elite teams in any given year in the entire league. It can and has happened, but is rare.

An elite team would be a team that can throw their helmets out on the field and can win. They hold advantages over other teams with every unit-offense, defense and special teams.

That may fit San Diego this year. Every other team has identifiable flaws. The bloated AFC records are from an abyssmal NFC Conference this year. Don't mistake elite for convenience of schedule and competition.

You are breaking your own rule with that one, when you refer to the 2006 Jets.

Do you REALLY believe they are 4 elite teams in the AFC?

Or, are you watering down your definition.

oh yeah. they are still licking their wounds today, but I will have a busy week on the Hurricanes board repping the NYJ

chadtanksequel.gif

A VERY BIG IF

No doubt. Our playoffs essentially started yesterday in Minnesota, it's a long road to hoe but at least we're on that darn road and still have a shot. I would be disappointed if we miss the postseason this year, regardless of final record, but I will still be very proud of what this team has given me this year.

Raffy D....Yes, regardless of if the Pats lose/win they are going to help us, as long as we win.

However, it would be absolutely priceless to see in this way:

1. Pats lose to the Jags.

2. Jet's Win against the Doll-fins

3. Pats lose to Tenn in OT.

4. Jets beat the Raiders and then we win the division.......

That's what I would love to see....

That was the dream I kept having last night, it ended with this being flashed on the scoreboard at the meadowlands:

AFC East Champions!!!

Well said. Always remember the last regular season game many years ago when we had nothing to play for and the dolfins needed to just knock over the lowly Jets to get into the postseason. We signed Raul Allegre off the street to kick fg's and the rest, as they say, is history.

That was the dream I kept having last night, it ended with this being flashed on the scoreboard at the meadowlands:

AFC East Champions!!!

Dude...lay of the acid and shrooms and you will not have any 2002 flashbacks.

Archived