New England has Mangini on their minds

You don't think Mangini hates Belichick for the **** he's pulled in his own private frame? Yes, he sure as hell does and he would like nothing more but to beat the Patriots in the postseason and send them off to the golf course. Both coaches would want this win over anything else, it wouldn't be that Belichick wanted it more, trust me.

Hate? No. Motivated? Hell, yeah.

I agree with you 100% that the both coaches would want to win a playoff game against the other.

I think there were several factors in the Jets' win.

-Mangini's knowledge of the Patriots.

-Two weeks to prepare.

-Patriots overlooking the Jets.

Other then the top reason, the last two no longer apply. Mangini and the Jets planned and executed a brilliant game plan. They bloodied the Patriots. Not saying a Patriots win is a lock, but I think the Patriots team coming out for a playoff game between our two teams will be alot different then the one that showed up almost two months ago.

If I need to explain motivaton to you it is already a lost cause.

Are you saying that I am, um...ah, nevermind.

Great Belly gets extra motivated for the Jets. That is just super. Good luck with every other game your team plays.

Don't let hate define you PF. It will tear you apart.

Hate? No. Motivated? Hell, yeah.

I agree with you 100% that the both coaches would want to win a playoff game against the other.

I think there were several factors in the Jets' win.

-Mangini's knowledge of the Patriots.

-Two weeks to prepare.

-Patriots overlooking the Jets.

Other then the top reason, the last two no longer apply. Mangini and the Jets planned and executed a brilliant game plan. They bloodied the Patriots. Not saying a Patriots win is a lock, but I think the Patriots team coming out for a playoff game between our two teams will be alot different then the one that showed up almost two months ago.

I completely agree with your asessment and agree that the Patriots should and would be favored to win in a match-up in the playoffs if there will be one next Sunday.

However, Mangini knows Belichick better than anyone out there, which is why you have so much want for this game from Jets faithful and so much behind why we want the Patriots is because we not only want to knock them off their high horse but because we also believe they present the best match-up.

Replying to one of your earlier posts, or maybe it was Alk's, the Patriots are much different team in the playoffs. That being said, it would be an even match-up if the Jets came in with (and they would come in with this attitude) the us-against-the world mentality.

With all that, a Jets-Patriots showdown in Foxborough in the playoffs would be a great game to watch. Not only because of the rivalry that these two franchies are now going to have for some years because of obvious reasons, but because these are two teams that when you look at them matched up against each other really are a lot a like and could give you a great wild card round playoff game.

LET THEM LOSE???? What are you smoking buddy, thats a lame statement.... Do you think Mangini would let the JETS lose... how many more broad meaningless statements can you come up with to prove a point???

Here is some facts

Chad Pennington has 474 yards against the Patriots this year.

- Thats 237 a game

- With a 1.5 TD per game and 1 INT per game average

We are averaging 84 Yards on the ground against you this year.

I think I would LOVE to face a team we get 225+ passing yards on and over 80 yards rushing... not to mention Leon coming on strong now... and Houston will be back....

Nevermind. :rolleyes:

Are you saying that I am, um...ah, nevermind.

Great Belly gets extra motivated for the Jets. That is just super. Good luck with every other game your team plays.

Don't let hate define you PF. It will tear you apart.

Did beating the Patriots mean a little more for the Jets then the other 8 wins?

Why can't it be the same for Belichick?

This thread in cliffs notes:

You're stupid..

No, you are..

No, you..

You..

Do you not have some Vectoring to do?

I completely agree with your asessment and agree that the Patriots should and would be favored to win in a match-up in the playoffs if there will be one next Sunday.

However, Mangini knows Belichick better than anyone out there, which is why you have so much want for this game from Jets faithful and so much behind why we want the Patriots is because we not only want to knock them off their high horse but because we also believe they present the best match-up.

Replying to one of your earlier posts, or maybe it was Alk's, the Patriots are much different team in the playoffs. That being said, it would be an even match-up if the Jets came in with (and they would come in with this attitude) the us-against-the world mentality.

With all that, a Jets-Patriots showdown in Foxborough in the playoffs would be a great game to watch. Not only because of the rivalry that these two franchies are now going to have for some years because of obvious reasons, but because these are two teams that when you look at them matched up against each other really are a lot a like and could give you a great wild card round playoff game.

I agree.

I also believe Belichick realizes he was out coached in the first game and will change things up.

You don't honestly think the Jets are going to beat the Patriots a second time especially in the playoffs do you? Nevermind, I just remembered that you thought Herm was a good coach, I already know your answer.

I honestly think we match up well enough against the Pats to beat them. Yes.

And yes, I did think that Herm was a good coach for the Jets.

BZ

You don't honestly think the Jets are going to beat the Patriots a second time especially in the playoffs do you? Nevermind, I just remembered that you thought Herm was a good coach, I already know your answer.

Look at it from our point of view. Do you think we would actually like to face the Ravens or Chagers? So yes, we would like to face a team that we have beaten this year.

I have a few of questions:

1). What was a New York Jets beat writer doing in Jacksonville?

2). Why wasn't this reported by anyone in the Boston/Providence/Hartford media?

3). Why did this story come out 5 days after the game?

1) On his way to Miami, he stopped and reported on the Pats game. A very significant game to the Jets

2) Maybe they did not hear it. Or chose not to report it because it puts a semblance of a lapse in poise by the BB army.

3) His notes were wet from all the rain.

I have a few questions:

1). What was a New York Jets beat writer doing in Jacksonville?

2). Why wasn't this reported by anyone in the Boston/Providence/Hartford media?

3). Why did this story come out 5 days after the game?

Good catch Gainzo.

2) Maybe they did not hear it. Or chose not to report it because it puts a semblance of a lapse in poise by the BB army.

For the most part, the Boston Sports Media despise Belichick.

I find it hard to believe that Borges or any honk at the Herald would let that tidbit slide. They all probably have a 1000 word venom filled article for Belichick's eventual departure already typed.

Good catch Gainzo.

For the most part, the Boston Sports Media despise Belichick.

I find it hard to believe that Borges or any honk at the Herald would let that tidbit slide. They all probably have a 1000 word venom filled article for Belichick's eventual departure already typed.

Yep. Borges would have been all over this.

But we are led to believe that some NY beat reporter was in the tunnel when the Pats came off the field and heard this quote.

I call BS on this one.

Yep. Borges would have been all over this.

But we are led to believe that some NY beat reporter was in the tunnel when the Pats came off the field and heard this quote.

I call BS on this one.

Far be it from a reporter to tell a fish tale but..

if he were going to do so, wouldn't he choose someone a bit more newsworthy than the TE coach?

if he were going to do so, wouldn't he choose someone a bit more newsworthy than the TE coach?

It could have been be anyone on the Pats coaching staff. None of them can talk to the media.

This "story" is bogus.

Seeing no one can talk, I would seriously doubt Mangurian would even utter something like that in public to be heard.

Gainzo is right...pure BS.

Seeing no one can talk, I would seriously doubt Mangurian would even utter something like that in public to be heard.

Gainzo is right...pure BS.

But Jets fans run with it like it is gospel.

BB is the devil and the Patriot coaching staff hates Mangini. Whatever

But Jets fans run with it like it is gospel.

BB is the devil and the Patriot coaching staff hates Mangini. Whatever

I was with you guys, I was thinking BS all the way... just some Jet reporter trying to start something, but the Orlando Sentinel had a small blurb in their Dec 25th article about the game about it.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/football/pro/jaguars/orl-jaguarsnotes2506dec25,0,7412831.story?coll=orl-jags

Too bad for Mangini

As Patriots coaches rushed to grab an elevator to get to their winning locker room, tight ends coach Pete Mangurian had one brief observation: "Sorry, Mangini." New England's win prevented Eric Mangini, the New York Jets' head coach and New England's former defensive coordinator, from winning the AFC East.

So, I guess it's not BS.

I was with you guys, I was thinking BS all the way... just some Jet reporter trying to start something, but the Orlando Sentinel had a small blurb in their Dec 25th article about the game about it.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/football/pro/jaguars/orl-jaguarsnotes2506dec25,0,7412831.story?coll=orl-jags

Too bad for Mangini

As Patriots coaches rushed to grab an elevator to get to their winning locker room, tight ends coach Pete Mangurian had one brief observation: "Sorry, Mangini." New England's win prevented Eric Mangini, the New York Jets' head coach and New England's former defensive coordinator, from winning the AFC East.

So, I guess it's not BS.

What is the real quote?

"Take that, Eric Mangini! (We're) division champs!" or "Sorry Mangini?"

I call BS

Archived