Jets Playoff Quiz

shawn306

That was a great game and a heartbreaker at the same time.

The entire playoffs that year was great.

Jets fell way behind came back to fall short

Eagles fell way behind the Giants came back to fall short

The Miami-SD classic playoff game

You had Dallas and SF with the catch

And a great Super Bowl between Cincy and SF.

Probably one of the best post seasons for excitement the NFL ever had.

The entire playoffs that year was great.

Jets fell way behind came back to fall short

Eagles fell way behind the Giants came back to fall short

The Miami-SD classic playoff game

You had Dallas and SF with the catch

And a great Super Bowl between Cincy and SF.

Probably one of the best post seasons for excitement the NFL ever had.

The following year, with the Cincy blowout and Freeman explosion, then the Oakland nailbaiter and then the Miami heartbreak was quite the roller coaster ride.

The Jets very well may have been the best team in the NFL that year. The course of events that followed that Miami game shanged this franchise forever.

The following year, with the Cincy blowout and Freeman explosion, then the Oakland nailbaiter and then the Miami heartbreak was quite the roller coaster ride.

The Jets very well may have been the best team in the NFL that year. The course of events that followed that Miami game shanged this franchise forever.

They were the hottest team in the playoffs until the rains came and the tarp remained unrolled. :(

But I dont think they were the best team all season long, being merely the wildcard in a strike shortened season. That's the one, right?

bill Simpson. :)

Good to see ya. Happy new year

Happy happy to you too my friend!

What a year huh??? 10-6...who woud have EVER thought it possible?????

How about this one....

Who recovered and returned the opebning KO fumble for a TD for Buffalo????

(Bieng that we both have this and all jet playoff games in our collections, we do have a distinct advantage when it comes to these question!!!)

They were the hottest team in the playoffs until the rains came and the tarp remained unrolled. :(

But I dont think they were the best team all season long, being merely the wildcard in a strike shortened season. That's the one, right?

Well in reality everyone was a wild card team that year.

I don't even think they crowned division champions that year. They just seeded them 1-8. I think the Jets were the 6th seed that year. They lost a game (Might have been the last game of the season) to a bad KC team that probably cost them a few spots.

The way though they beat Cincy (The Defending AFC Champs) and then they way they came back against the Raiders (Probably one of the hardest hitting games I ever saw) there was no doubt in my mind that they were going to beat Miami.

Then the rains came

Then Todd throws 5 int's

Then a former Jet Woody Bennett scores the first TD

Then A.J F'n Duhe has the game of his career.

UGH

Happy happy to you too my friend!

What a year huh??? 10-6...who woud have EVER thought it possible?????

How about this one....

Who recovered and returned the opebning KO fumble for a TD for Buffalo????

(Bieng that we both have this and all jet playoff games in our collections, we do have a distinct advantage when it comes to these question!!!)

Yeah we do :P

Charles Romes..

I'll throw one back at you.

Who was Todd trying to hit in the end zone when Simpson made the pick ?

Well in reality everyone was a wild card team that year.

I don't even think they crowned division champions that year. They just seeded them 1-8. I think the Jets were the 6th seed that year. They lost a game (Might have been the last game of the season) to a bad KC team that probably cost them a few spots.

The way though they beat Cincy (The Defending AFC Champs) and then they way they came back against the Raiders (Probably one of the hardest hitting games I ever saw) there was no doubt in my mind that they were going to beat Miami.

Then the rains came

Then Todd throws 5 int's

Then a former Jet Woody Bennett scores the first TD

Then A.J F'n Duhe has the game of his career.

UGH

The Jets started 1-2 that year, and were 1-2 at the strike period.

If they had played a 16 game season, I think they may have been able to set themselves up in better playoff bracketing. To have to travel to Oakland, and then Miami was a tough gig. There always seems to be a conspiring against with these Jets

The Jets started 1-2 that year, and were 1-2 at the strike period.

If they had played a 16 game season, I think they may have been able to set themselves up in better playoff bracketing. To have to travel to Oakland, and then Miami was a tough gig. There always seems to be a conspiring against with these Jets

I'm pretty sure they were 1-1 when the strike came. They got blown out by Miami in the opener and then beat New England (That was the game Klecko got hurt)

Then when the strike ended they played Green Bay at Shea.

I don't know how they would fared. Two games against buffalo were lost and was a road game with the colts. Who else were they scheduled to play that year. Bears ?

82% for me. Missed a few questions that were "before my time" but got all the ones from the games I actually saw. I'd forgotten how big that SB III spread was. I thought it was in the neighborhood of 14.

I'm pretty sure they were 1-1 when the strike came. They got blown out by Miami in the opener and then beat New England (That was the game Klecko got hurt)

I don't know how they would fared. Two games against buffalo were lost and was a road game with the colts. Who else were they scheduled to play that year. Bears ?

The Jets were indeed 1-1 at the time of the strike. Miami had smoked them in the opener and then they destroyed NE in week 2. After the strike they beat Baltimore at home 37-0 in the first game back and then won 4 of 5 (including GB and also losing to Miami in a heart breaker) and were 6-2 ggong into the final week of the season. They proceeded to get shelled by a bad KC team and lost the home field advantage for the playoffs. Granted they won 2 road games but that last game of the year made them a 6 seed (of 8 teams) rather then a 3 or 4 seed.

You may be right on that. I remember coming out of the strike, they had a hole to dig themselves out of, with the shortened season.

I do know thay played their last 6 games (counting playoffs), on teh road

If I recall they lost 7 games to the strike that year: NE, Buf, @ Buf, @ Balt, Pitt, Denver and 1 other...I think.

They probably go 11-5 or better in a full season that year.

The Jets were indeed 1-1 at the time of the strike. Miami had smoked them in the opener and then they destroyed NE in week 2. After the strike they beat Baltimore at home 37-0 in the first game back and then won 4 of 5 (including GB and also losing to Miami in a heart breaker) and were 6-2 ggong into the final week of the season. They proceeded to get shelled by a bad KC team and lost the home field advantage for the playoffs. Granted they won 2 road games but that last game of the year made them a 6 seed (of 8 teams) rather then a 3 or 4 seed.

As usual you are dead on.

I don't know what the Jets were thinking when the lost to KC.

I don't even know if you can find a full 1982 schedule on the web.

As usual you are dead on.

I don't know what the Jets were thinking when the lost to KC.

I don't even know if you can find a full 1982 schedule on the web.

I have the 1982 media guide at home whic has the full schedukle on it...I'll check it tonight and get back to you.

BTW, I just about got banned at JI again. I posted Moses article there and Sooth went off on me again!!!! That place is ridiculous!

I have the 1982 media guide at home whic has the full schedukle on it...I'll check it tonight and get back to you.

BTW, I just about got banned at JI again. I posted Moses article there and Sooth went off on me again!!!! That place is ridiculous!

I read that thread yesterday. It was quite the sh1tstorm, LOL

I read that thread yesterday. It was quite the sh1tstorm, LOL

Ya know I honestly wasnt trying to start trouble. I tohught MOses wrote a great article and that since cannizaro was a regular over there (and a lot of the posters there cant stand him either) that thye might want to read the article. I asked MOses if he posted it there and he told me he was banned but that I could if I wanted to...so I did.

Its really unfortunate that Sooth is so hyper sensetive to ANY criticsm of cannizaro. The article made some terrific points and THAT should have been the topic of deiscussion...not whether or not the topic was reilevant or whether I was a "bad poster".

Archived