Ed Blanton

MSGold12

Anyone heard anything about this guy. Tbey kept him on the PS all season so they must see somehting in him. He's 6'8", 340 and was a LT and captain for UCLA. Seems to me he could be ust what we are looking for at RT next season if he's progressed this year on the PS.

Anyone heard anything about this guy. Tbey kept him on the PS all season so they must see somehting in him. He's 6'8", 340 and was a LT and captain for UCLA. Seems to me he could be ust what we are looking for at RT next season if he's progressed this year on the PS.

He's a big dude. I remember seeing him in tc and he was literally head and shoulders the biggest guy on the field. I think he was a little too slow and maybe not mean enough for Wise's liking, but that was four months ago.

It's kind of hazy now. I just have visions of MILFs in green and white t-shirts and cutoff shorts.

He's a big dude. I remember seeing him in tc and he was literally head and shoulders the biggest guy on the field. I think he was a little too slow and maybe not mean enough for Wise's liking, but that was four months ago.

It's kind of hazy now. I just have visions of MILFs in green and white t-shirts and cutoff shorts.

Kind of explains the quality of your camp reports then.

:P

Kind of explains the quality of your camp reports then.

:P

Jets Sign OL Blanton to the Active Roster

Published: 01-03-07

By Jets PR Department

Regular Contributor

The New York Jets announced the following roster moves: signed offensive lineman Ed Blanton to the active roster, signed defensive back Alfonso Hodge and offensive lineman Charles Missant to the practice squad, placed defensive back Jamie Thompson on Injured Reserve due to a foot injury, and released defensive back Andre Maddox from the practice squad. The announcements were made by Jets’ General Manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Blanton (6-9, 330 lbs.) was originally signed by the Jets as a rookie free agent on May 12, 2006 and he signed to the Jets’ practice squad Sept. 3. Blanton was a three-year starter for UCLA and earned Pac-10 honorable mention as a senior in 2005.

Hodge (5-10, 203 lbs.) was originally drafted in the fifth round out of Miami (OH) by Kansas City in 2005. He was then released and signed to the practice squad in September, 2005. Hodge signed to the active roster in November, 2005 but was inactive for the final six games.

Missant (6-3, 295 lbs.) was originally signed by the Jets as an undrafted free agent on April 10, 2005 and released prior to the regular season. He re-signed with the Jets on January 9, 2006 and was allocated to NFL Europe. Missant was waived by the Jets on Sept. 2, 2006.

Jets Sign OL Blanton to the Active Roster

Published: 01-03-07

By Jets PR Department

Regular Contributor

The New York Jets announced the following roster moves: signed offensive lineman Ed Blanton to the active roster, signed defensive back Alfonso Hodge and offensive lineman Charles Missant to the practice squad, placed defensive back Jamie Thompson on Injured Reserve due to a foot injury, and released defensive back Andre Maddox from the practice squad. The announcements were made by Jets’ General Manager Mike Tannenbaum.

Blanton (6-9, 330 lbs.) was originally signed by the Jets as a rookie free agent on May 12, 2006 and he signed to the Jets’ practice squad Sept. 3. Blanton was a three-year starter for UCLA and earned Pac-10 honorable mention as a senior in 2005.

Hodge (5-10, 203 lbs.) was originally drafted in the fifth round out of Miami (OH) by Kansas City in 2005. He was then released and signed to the practice squad in September, 2005. Hodge signed to the active roster in November, 2005 but was inactive for the final six games.

Missant (6-3, 295 lbs.) was originally signed by the Jets as an undrafted free agent on April 10, 2005 and released prior to the regular season. He re-signed with the Jets on January 9, 2006 and was allocated to NFL Europe. Missant was waived by the Jets on Sept. 2, 2006.

wow that is a lot of roster moves

they still have a full 61 on the roster at least

missant is a center so if mangold can not go i guess that is a injury signing (he also signed autographs every day in training camp so good to see him back )

jets website needs to update the practice squad section manaupa was released a week a go and maddox today

they still have a full 61 on the roster at least

missant is a center so if mangold can not go i guess that is a injury signing (he also signed autographs every day in training camp so good to see him back )

jets website needs to update the practice squad section manaupa was released a week a go and maddox today

they still have 61 on the roster at least

missant is a center so if mangold can not go i guess that is a injury signing

Thats funny because I had no idea he was elevated to the active roster when I posted my question.

I really like the guy. IMO, the college LT who isnt atheltic enough to play LT in the pros makes the best RT prospects. He was atheltic enough to srtart at LT in the PAC 10 for 3 years and he has great size. I think we may have somehitng in him.

they still have 61 on the roster at least

missant is a center so if mangold can not go i guess that is a injury signing

Thats funny because I had no idea he was elevated to the active roster when I posted my question.

I really like the guy. IMO, the college LT who isnt atheltic enough to play LT in the pros makes the best RT prospects. He was atheltic enough to srtart at LT in the PAC 10 for 3 years and he has great size. I think we may have somehitng in him.

Maddox gone again.

this is modus operandi of this organization in the Woody Johnson era-shuffling guys on and off the PS all year to come back in the spring and summer as cannon fodder-while still being able to make a living-pretty cool

Maddox gone again.

this is modus operandi of this organization in the Woody Johnson era-shuffling guys on and off the PS all year to come back in the spring and summer as cannon fodder-while still being able to make a living-pretty cool

I'm gonna guess that Blanton was moved up to the active roster for one or a combination of the following reasons.

1. With Thompson going to the IR there is an open spot on the 53 man roster so they might be rewarding Blanton for all his hard work this season on the PS by moving him to the actual roster.

2. Nick Mangold and other O linemen are nursing what are probably minor injuries. They might see him as a possible insurance policy if one of them doesnt seem near 100% come game day.

I'm gonna guess that Blanton was moved up to the active roster for one or a combination of the following reasons.

1. With Thompson going to the IR there is an open spot on the 53 man roster so they might be rewarding Blanton for all his hard work this season on the PS by moving him to the actual roster.

2. Nick Mangold and other O linemen are nursing what are probably minor injuries. They might see him as a possible insurance policy if one of them doesnt seem near 100% come game day.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20587&highlight=Camp+Reports

I wish I could find the one that you said you would have done a better job but there were a lot of MILFs in the stands distracting you

Thanks, SFJ! It was fun going back and reading thru that. there is some milf discussion on p6. ;)

Yeah it was real clear in tc that Leon was going to be an impact player.

Nuge looked like he hit all his attempts that I saw.

Vilma on the FAN: "We're not buying into this rebuilding thing. Thats for the media. We are going out there to win games."

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20587&highlight=Camp+Reports

I wish I could find the one that you said you would have done a better job but there were a lot of MILFs in the stands distracting you

Thanks, SFJ! It was fun going back and reading thru that. there is some milf discussion on p6. ;)

Yeah it was real clear in tc that Leon was going to be an impact player.

Nuge looked like he hit all his attempts that I saw.

Vilma on the FAN: "We're not buying into this rebuilding thing. Thats for the media. We are going out there to win games."

Ed Blanton is basically stepping out of the stands on this one, i like it.

It's Mangini rewarding someone with that final open roster spot before playoffs.

Maybe after this playoff run and two years of yoga, Ed Blanton can be a UDFA RT dynamo, somehow I doubt it.

OC Norm Katnik also sucked as a player but he started several games.

I can't believe he's servicable and "roster worthy" until i see it for myself. From what I have seen to date (admittedly, preseason was months ago) - Blanton is frankestein with two numbers. weld on the neck bolts and hide the open flame.

Archived