If we take a RB in the first who would you want?

CoachTsurfing

If you like Irons, then we don't need Irons. By that I mean if you think a 200-lb guy can be our primary HB then we already have one in Leon.

It's going to be Lynch, Bush, or Turner (if we don't go with a less-heralded UFA like a getting-older Ahman Green or a Correll Buckhalter).

If Lynch is gone (& if they don't make a move for Turner), I think you have to pull the trigger on Bush in the first round. Don't get too cute & worry about whether you could've had him 10 picks later like we did with Chris Gocong in the '06 draft. If he's a legit pick at 37, then 26 isn't an insane reach at a position that gets as many touches as HB. At that position, if he's a bad pick at 26, he's a bad pick at 37. If he turns out to be a special/reliable HB, you won't care when we drafted him.

Nice idea. Also impossible.

Nothing is impossible when you have a 1st, two 2nd round picks and dead weight like Barlow, J-Mac etc.

Quinn

Russel

Lynch

Johnson

Thomas

all guys that will be taken BEFORE Peterson. Teams will be weary of his injury history.

A deal can be struck without breaking the bank.

It is really too early for me to say who I like. But I will say that I hate Lynch and think he is nothing more than a system back (see: JJ Arrington, and Aarron Rodgers). Adrian Peterson is also a notch or two below his hype at this point, imo.

Nothing is impossible when you have a 1st, two 2nd round picks and dead weight like Barlow, J-Mac etc.

Quinn

Russel

Lynch

Johnson

Thomas

all guys that will be taken BEFORE Peterson. Teams will be weary of his injury history.

A deal can be struck without breaking the bank.

Bro,

This is all done by the point system.

JMac & Barlow have like no trade value. In a dream-world, they'd carry maybe 5th-round weight apiece. That places their combined value at ~60 points (and I cannot stress how overly generous that value is).

Our #26 has a value of 700 pts

Our #37 has a value of 520 pts

Don't know our exact pick # in late rd 2, but assume it's near 2(26) = #58 = 320 pts

So now you're up to 1600 pts at best. That's theoretically enough for the #6 pick.

So it would take three picks in the first two rounds for

Peterson

instead of:

Lynch or Bush plus retain the other two picks plus keep an additional $15M in cap room that we won't be able to spend in FA.

The suggestion in doing this move is that not only are the Jets a HB away from being a superbowl favorite, but we are the difference between Peterson and Lynch/Bush away. If you watched the Pats game this Sunday you know that's not true.

That is an impossibility unless we hire Ernie Accorsi as our GM.

No rookie prospect is worth all that. And if he was, he wouldn't last to #6.

Turner may very well require a first round pick to acquire the rights to. It's a legitimate choice.

dont spin it in his favor... he was obviously tryin to say he didnt want to PICK a RB in the 1st...

"If we take a RB in the first who would you want?"

even still it doesnt say trade our first for one, it says TAKE ONE... c'mon Sperm

dont spin it in his favor... he was obviously tryin to say he didnt want to PICK a RB in the 1st...

even still it doesnt say trade our first for one, it says TAKE ONE... c'mon Sperm

It's not spin. Troll knows perfectly well that Turner is a RFA and a $2M tender (which SD can easily afford) guarantees them a first AND a third rounder in compensation. A $1.5M tender (hardly worth the savings on a $109M cap) still caries a first-round compensation.

I don't assume (and I doubt Troll assumes) that SD will part with Turner for a 2nd-rounder instead of at least a first when they'll be serious SB contenders again. He figures it will take the "book value" price of at least a first rounder.

Michael Turner would be his round 1 selection if we were going to use that pick on a RB. It's not spin. If you want to spin it yourself to be, "If we draft a rookie RB in round 1 who would you take?" that's up to you. ;)

"If we draft a rookie RB in round 1 who would you take?" that's up to you. ;)

honestly I could strangle you right now :) , but I dont care becuase either way we get Turner or Bush and I would be happy regardless...

We all win

I'd look into Michael Turner for 1 of our 2nd rd picks, me thinks that would be enough.

If not, we need to get Peterson or Lynch, neither of which will be there at 25.

Its either Turner or trade up for a RB. Unless you actually want to draft Michael Bush......

Hypothetically, would I trade our 1st and 2 2nd rd picks for Adrian Peterson? Probably, he's that special. I'd like to see what moves we make in free agency first (with Turner not being available in this hypo question).

We need to fill a few holes in FA. OLB, CB, OG, RT, RDE. At least 2 of these holes should be filled before the draft rolls around. 3 would be much better.

For the record, Adrian Peterson > anybody else we can get

Then we just need to get Chad an arm transplant.

not according to the highlight video that was just posted, it shows Chad throwing a 25 yard out pattern against the Texans, and it was a nice pass too not a lofty one

Did you read the title of the thread or you dont care ??

Here is your second chance... try again

I am sorry.

I forgot some of us live in magical land, where Michael Turner can be had for a second round pick, Chad Pennington is a good QB, and magic rays of sunshine come down out of the clouds whenever you're feeling blue.

I am sorry.

I forgot some of us live in magical land, where Michael Turner can be had for a second round pick, Chad Pennington is a good QB, and magic rays of sunshine come down out of the clouds whenever you're feeling blue.

He didnt ask who we could trade for Troll... clearly you misread it, but it doesnt matter becuase they are both good choices.

But whatever its already over... look above its been resolved

I feel like trading a 1st or 2nd round for turner is a mistake. I know this might not be the best comparison, but look what happened with J-mac. If I'm going to trade for a rb, I want a young one that has had at least two years of starting experience. We could of had Travis Henry for a song. Even Alexander was being shopped for a relative low draft pick for his caliber.

He didnt ask who we could trade for Troll... clearly you misread it, but it doesnt matter becuase they are both good choices.

But whatever its already over... look above its been resolved

I did not misread it. Since you still believe that, apparently, it has not been resolved. Being as that was Sperm's entire point, and my entire point, I don't see how you can say it's been resolved whenever you still don't get it.

I did not misread it. Since you still believe that, apparently, it has not been resolved. Being as that was Sperm's entire point, and my entire point, I don't see how you can say it's been resolved whenever you still don't get it.

Its resolved becuase I dont give a ****

Well, good for you. I like how you put words in my mouth and then abruptly retreat from the conversation. I will have to try that one.

Where did I put words into your mouth...

I didnt retreat, I agreed that turner would also be a good choice and I said I didnt care how it was we came to that conclusion

Where did I put words into your mouth...

I didnt retreat, I agreed that turner would also be a good choice and I said I didnt care how it was we came to that conclusion

You make it sound as if I was too stupid to understand the meaning of this topic.

I understood it perfectly. Trading our first rounder for Michael Turner is the same thing as "taking" a RB in the first round.

You make it sound as if I was too stupid to understand the meaning of this topic.

I understood it perfectly. Trading our first rounder for Michael Turner is the same thing as "taking" a RB in the first round.

No its not, Its TRADING our 1st round pick to ANOTHER TEAM for ANOTHER PLAYER

So again, where did I put words in your mouth?

THE TOPIC WAS WHO YOU WOULD PICK IN THE DRAFT

TURNER IS NOT IN THE DRAFT - GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD

Explain to me how thats the same thing?

No its not, Its TRADING our 1st round pick to ANOTHER TEAM for ANOTHER PLAYER

So again, where did I put words in your mouth?

THE TOPIC WAS WHO YOU WOULD PICK IN THE DRAFT

TURNER IS NOT IN THE DRAFT - GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD

Explain to me how thats the same thing?

Michael Turner is a running back.

He will require a first round draft pick to acquire.

If we traded for Michael Turner, a running back, we would cease to have a first round pick.

If we did that, would you say: WHAT THE HELL?! WHERE THE **** IS OUR FIRST ROUND PICK?!?!?!!?!

No. You would say "We used our first rounder on a running back, Michael Turner."

Is that too hard for you to understand, or should I use smaller words?

Michael Turner is a running back.

He will require a first round draft pick to acquire.

If we traded for Michael Turner, a running back, we would cease to have a first round pick.

If we did that, would you say: WHAT THE HELL?! WHERE THE **** IS OUR FIRST ROUND PICK?!?!?!!?!

No. You would say "We used our first rounder on a running back, Michael Turner."

Is that too hard for you to understand, or should I use smaller words?

No we did NOT "use" the pick on Turner, we LET THE CHARGERS USE IT, in return we get Turner, the pick will still be USED IN THE DRAFT

WE DO NOT USE THE PICK IF WE GET TURNER, that pick will be USED by the CHARGERS in the NFL DRAFT.

Imagine Turner is just a "value"

The Chargers are giving us "x" to USE OUR 1st round pick... we do nto USE this pick, we GIVE IT TO THEM to use

x=Turner

Now is it starting to sink in?

Archived