2 contract questions

4HCrew

Rhodes is signed through the 2008 season along with Vilma.

The Jets shouldn't start re-negiotating with Vilma until after the 2007 to see if he can improve 3-4 defense or not. If he does not then I say you let him walk.

Rhodes is signed through the 2008 season along with Vilma.

The Jets shouldn't start re-negiotating with Vilma until after the 2007 to see if he can improve 3-4 defense or not. If he does not then I say you let him walk.

that's a guy you never let just walk 124-he's excellent trade bait for a 4-3 defensive team...

that's a guy you never let just walk 124-he's excellent trade bait for a 4-3 defensive team...

Exactly so you do it NOW to Washington for Clinton Portis which has been a hot topic of discussion although it's died down recently because it hasn't been in the papers as much.

Or you possibly do it after the 2007 season for a draft pick(s) or another player, what have you.

If he is signed through the 2008 season then we're in an ideal position. we can see how he progresses in 2007 and if it isn't as good as we like we can still get very good value for him in a trade with only 1 year left. Whatever team we trade him to can sign him to a new long term deal and we should be able to land 1st round value for him.

Exactly so you do it NOW to Washington for Clinton Portis which has been a hot topic of discussion although it's died down recently because it hasn't been in the papers as much.

Injured, old, (F'ed up in the head) RB

for

2nd year Pro-Bowl Rookie of the year LB...

GREAT TRADE :roll:

Or you possibly do it after the 2007 season for a draft pick(s) or another player, what have you.

I'd rather have a top-half first-rounder than Portis. His contract sucks ass; particularly for a guy who's been so injury-prone.

Old? He's like 26 buddy.

For an injured RB on his 2nd team already... thats OLD

He has been in the NFL for 5 seasons already and is coming off a season ending injury.

His production is on its way down, he lost a full 1YPC when he went to the Skins...

He is not worth a LB that we could get a 1st round pick for....

Injured, old, (F'ed up in the head) RB

for

2nd year Pro-Bowl Rookie of the year LB...

GREAT TRADE :roll:

He's been in the league 3 years.

Clinton Portis is f'd in the head because he likes to put on a show? Riiiiiight.

Injured? Okay, yeah, one season. Old? He's 26, Vilma is what? 25?

Dude, get the homerizm out of your head for one post.

For an injured RB on his 2nd team already... thats OLD

He has been in the NFL for 5 seasons already and is coming off a season ending injury.

His production is on its way down, he lost a full 1YPC when he went to the Skins...

He is not worth a LB that we could get a 1st round pick for....

The offensive line in Washington is much worse than Denver. Anybody with NFL knowledge could tell you that one.

He's old because he played 2 years in Denver and was traded straight up for the best Cornerback in the game?

Clinton Portis is a Top 5 back when healthy and he will be next season. You cannot take one season ending injury and call the guy finished for his career Mr. I Love Chad Pennington whose had two already and is destined to be injured again.

The offensive line in Washington is much worse than Denver. Anybody with NFL knowledge could tell you that one.

He's old because he played 2 years in Denver and was traded straight up for the best Cornerback in the game?

Clinton Portis is a Top 5 back when healthy and he will be next season. You cannot take one season ending injury and call the guy finished for his career Mr. I Love Chad Pennington whose had two already and is destined to be injured again.

i don't know about that 124. ladell betts ran for over 1,000 yds in only about 10 games for the skins. the oline was not the problem. portis was injured this season so i don't know where people get injury prone. he is a great back but would NOT fit in with mangini. he doesn't like the off-season conditioning program and isn't wild about training camp. he would be a problem with the jets and doesn't have the core values mangini looks for. great back, great big head-ache.

If he is signed through the 2008 season then we're in an ideal position. we can see how he progresses in 2007 and if it isn't as good as we like we can still get very good value for him in a trade with only 1 year left. Whatever team we trade him to can sign him to a new long term deal and we should be able to land 1st round value for him.

QFT

Archived